Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-06-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Exclamation Raiders Sign Jeremy Newberry

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/p...0/1010/SPORT01

Quote:
The Raiders missed out on most of the big-ticket free-agent offensive linemen of 2007, but are on the verge of adding a recognizable name. The team was deep into negotiations with free-agent center Jeremy Newberry on Monday night, and was expected to finalize a deal this morning - assuming he passes a physical.

Last edited by Windy : 03-07-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like it. He can tutor the young guys about Cable's blocking scheme and might just have some starts left in the tank as well.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

nice! i hope he can get back to his old form for us.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

Great.

Lets be optimistic and say he's gonna be the Comeback Player of the Year!

If we can get Daniel Graham to, that would be terrific FA signings for a 2-14 team.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

finally we sign a olinemen

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he signed just saw it on rotoworld.com
Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

yea it's official now. also we missed out on reggie kelly. he re-signed with cincy.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

whats up with players and coach's backing out of deals all the time....are we really that bad?

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

very solid move. A guy who can provide depth and maybe be a solid starter at C and he comes very cheap, and we dont have to make a big commitment. I really thought we needed some veteran help at OL and this is the right move because all those other OL got grossly overpaid. Steinbach is the only one who might earn his paycheck.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Great pickup....puts us in a position to maybe draft Blalock or even trade up to get him if need be. I'm not sold on any of the tackles that will be there in rd2 [except MAYBE Ugoh].

The only bad thing about this is that we probably won't draft Kalil now. I really wanted us to get him. Maybe move Newberry to another position?

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Great pickup....puts us in a position to maybe draft Blalock or even trade up to get him if need be. I'm not sold on any of the tackles that will be there in rd2 [except MAYBE Ugoh].

The only bad thing about this is that we probably won't draft Kalil now. I really wanted us to get him. Maybe move Newberry to another position?
if he can add 15 lbs he can be a G then we get kalil

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yah I dunno if he will want to switch positions at this point in his career. On the plus side, this signing means Grove can go back to Guard. Yayyy....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the pickup, but I am worried because he has been injured a lot the past few years. I think I saw that it was only a 1 year deal, so maybe he is just hear to help the younger guys like Grove learn the position.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw the Broncos signed Daniel Graham to a nice deal, so he's out of the picture. One guy I think we should at least look at is Randy McMicheal, he could really turn us around. Or we should also maybe look at Eric Johnson, I'm noy sure if he got re-signed or not.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I saw the Broncos signed Daniel Graham to a nice deal, so he's out of the picture. One guy I think we should at least look at is Randy McMicheal, he could really turn us around. Or we should also maybe look at Eric Johnson, I'm noy sure if he got re-signed or not.
I saw another thread saying Eric Johnson signed with NO, so I guess he's outta the picture.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone want Mcmicheal, anybody like him? Would he fit our system?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind McMicheal, he'd be a definite upgrade over C. Anderson, but what was the name of that one TE we had, the white one(not trying to be racial here), he showed some flashes of being pretty good

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McMichael? He already signed with St Louis.

And youre thinking of Madsen raiderz.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya i just found out St Lou got Randy, but why would they want 3 TE's?

And ya Madsen thats him, i think ge can be groomed to be a solid TE, he showed some fairly consistent hands and i liked some of his catches

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote