Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
Well if he was released there would definitely be a riot. We traded a 1st and 3rd for him. I wouldn't care if romo was traded for a guy like cutler. What great has romo done for dallas? Drop a snap? go on vacations with jessica?

Give Roy the off season to learn and be without TO and he will be having a breakout year next year.

Yes that picture just tugged at my heartstrings

Besides having the best statistical year by any QB in Cowboys history and finally providing some consistent play at the position after years of mediocrity, Romo hasn't done much for the organization. You must be listening to to much Skip Bayless if you're referencing the drop snap and Jessica Simpson to prove a point. You couldn't get much more shallow.

Romo, obviously isn't the perfect player and has his faults on and off the field, so he isn't in the league of Manning or Brady when it comes to untradables, but to put Roy above him and Witten is ridiculous. I really hope as a Cowboys fan that Roy does perform well this year, but he has done absolutely nothing in his NFL career to deserve the title "untouchable".

And who said anything about being released? Of course I would be pissed if we just drop Roy for nothing. But if we can get equal for him a trade, I doubt there would be outrage.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You must be listening to to much Skip Bayless if you're referencing the drop snap and Jessica Simpson to prove a point. You couldn't get much more shallow.
Ugh, listening to him talk about Cutler and Romo this morning made me sick, it's so funny how he's a raging homer for guys like Cutler and Favre, but hates on guys like Romo for no reason...He's the reason why I don't like to watch that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense - Chris Johnson, easily.

Defense - Defense is the most difficult, cuz it's our best unit. I'll say Cortland Finnegan, because before he emerged as one of the best CB's in the NFL, he was the fiesty, 7th RD pick with a chip on his shoulder, nickelback who was a fan favorite. But it's close with Michael Griffin. I'll mention Kyle Vanden Bosch too, because he's a very high character guy and fans love his work ethic both on and off the field.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 03-18-2009 at 01:12 AM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
bjb0170

easy... for my team it's Demarcus Ware!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ugh, listening to him talk about Cutler and Romo this morning made me sick, it's so funny how he's a raging homer for guys like Cutler and Favre, but hates on guys like Romo for no reason...He's the reason why I don't like to watch that show.
I don't watch that show because hes an absolute idiot.

I'll be fine with Romo if he matures a little. Apparently even Terrance Newman called him out. Romo is a young exciting player that will make great plays and not so great plays. The more I actually think about it the less happy I would be with Cutler. He doesn't have the million dollar smile that Aikman and Romo have.

I just get angry when people dog on Roy Williams all the time when he hasn't had the chance to prove his worthiness in Dallas yet. You being a longhorn fan should be a big Roy fan after all.

Jerry is doing great things for this team believe it or not.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'm sorry but Jason Witten is the cowboys offensive untouchable. He's your best and most consistent performer offensively. Your oline kinda **** a brick last season, romo was romo, roy didn't do diddly and TO's gone so it has to be witten he was beasting every week.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll be fine with Romo if he matures a little. Apparently even Terrance Newman called him out. Romo is a young exciting player that will make great plays and not so great plays. The more I actually think about it the less happy I would be with Cutler. He doesn't have the million dollar smile that Aikman and Romo have.

I just get angry when people dog on Roy Williams all the time when he hasn't had the chance to prove his worthiness in Dallas yet. You being a longhorn fan should be a big Roy fan after all.

LL was one of the few defending Roy and the trade when it went down.

At the time I did like the trade, but I've haven't seen anything to make me feel good about it since.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
I'm sorry but Jason Witten is the cowboys offensive untouchable. He's your best and most consistent performer offensively. Your oline kinda **** a brick last season, romo was romo, roy didn't do diddly and TO's gone so it has to be witten he was beasting every week.
The only reason I didn't say Witten is because I truly believe that Dallas could plug in Martellus Bennett and get great production from him.

The "untouchable" factor is more about depth of position for a team

and Paul give it time, Roy will pan out.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
The only reason I didn't say Witten is because I truly believe that Dallas could plug in Martellus Bennett and get great production from him.

The "untouchable" factor is more about depth of position for a team

and Paul give it time, Roy will pan out.
Bennett is a very strong prospect but what makes witten special is his route running which gets him open most every play and his remarkably trust worthy hands, bennett's not there yet and frankly he's not even close, in a few years maybe, but right now Witten's too good and too important to year team for him to not be an untouchable.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Falcons fan. If you don't know the answer, you don't understand football.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demarcus Ware
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Were talking about two different things here, I support Roy and I think he'll prove alot of doubters wrong, I was just debating him being considered an untouchable, and I only said Romo has done alot more here for us then he has.

I still think Roy will go back to pro-bowl form, don't worry about the people dogging him, Roy hears it too, and being a competitor and being from Texas I expect him to take it to heart and really come out to prove people wrong next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Breesus.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Were talking about two different things here, I support Roy and I think he'll prove alot of doubters wrong, I was just debating him being considered an untouchable, and I only said Romo has done alot more here for us then he has.

I still think Roy will go back to pro-bowl form, don't worry about the people dogging him, Roy hears it too, and being a competitor and being from Texas I expect him to take it to heart and really come out to prove people wrong next season.
Well that settles that.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Fitzgerald easily.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched a lot of RB's in Washington go that I liked. So if Portis were to be let go unfairly I could see some unrest.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Philly I'm going to have to go with Broderick Bunkley who is turning into a dominating DT and he is still young. He is now the strongest player in the NFL (44 reps at the combine and he has only gotten stronger). If the Eagles got a real NT and moved Bunkley over to UT Bunkley would be unstoppable with his combination of speed (low 5.0) and strength.

McNabb could be had.

DeSean Jackson is probably the most untouchable.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis. He'll get major hype if the Jets ever get big.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm a Falcons fan. If you don't know the answer, you don't understand football.
Mike Vick.... Right? Am I Right? :D
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patrick Willis with Nate Clements a distant second
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's definitely impossible to pick a defensive player from the Titans so I'll go with Chris Johnson. No doubt.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Smith or Jon Beason

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe anyone is "untouchable" - but the closest thing the Bengals have, like many other team's with a franchise QB, is Carson Palmer.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Cook because he will never be touched by another team after he's released
Old 03-18-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees is obviously the choice.
But I would also cry if we lose
Vilma Ellis Smith Brown and Colston.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote