Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-21-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Chiefs Gameday Thread

This is easier. Yay we beat the Dolphins. We are the best, or something.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, MNF against the Patriots.

I'm predicting a win because I'm a god damn homer.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Uh. Ok. Never would have predicted that. Thought we'd win but it would be close. Jeez. And the noise record again belongs in Arrowhead! \o/

Old 09-30-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought they had a chance but was still expecting a close loss. I never saw the blow out coming. The two headed monster at RB and Kelce has me excited.

That said I'm not thinking playoffs or anything just yet.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I thought they had a chance but was still expecting a close loss. I never saw the blow out coming. The two headed monster at RB and Kelce has me excited.

That said I'm not thinking playoffs or anything just yet.
Me neither, not even close. We got the 49ers who aren't slouches, then our bye, and then the Chargers. I would love to go into the bye being 3-2, get some people healthy, and then get ready to face the Chargers sort of full strength, but who knows.

We do get our best OL back this week though so that's a huge plus.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the way they've looked past 2 games (heck they even looked decent in the DEN loss) makes me wonder where the heck this team was vs Tennessee?
Old 10-02-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
the way they've looked past 2 games (heck they even looked decent in the DEN loss) makes me wonder where the heck this team was vs Tennessee?
Yeah I have no idea. This is not the same team.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It sounds like DAT is finally going to play.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hope they work with what got them here, ie, running the ball, and not try to get cute just because DAT is in uniform.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I hope they work with what got them here, ie, running the ball, and not try to get cute just because DAT is in uniform.
WELPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Old 10-19-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 10-26-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Justin Houston

It's going to be REALLY interesting to see how the Chiefs handle the Justin Houston contract situation going forward. Each week he's proving to be one of the elite pass rushers in the league. And each week his argument for deserving a huge contract strengthens.

IMO the Chiefs have to do everything they can to not let him walk out the door. I know the simple answer is to just franchise him. But even that's going to be pricey.

Ford is finally showing a brief flash here and there. But he ain't Houston. The Chiefs need to really work hard to keep Houston a Chief for the next 5-6 years. Its incredibly hard to find really good pass rushers. And the Chiefs have one that's making a strong argument to be one of the best.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Hali is going to be the odd man out and it is going to be the most painful release or trade since Tony G for me.

I LOVE me some Hali... I just don't see anyway whatsoever all three guys will be on the roster next season.

Last edited by Splat : 10-27-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't see how the Chiefs let Houston walk. Or even think about letting him walk. There are no pros to Houston leaving, only a massive list of cons.

And color me unimpressed with Ford so far.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't see how the Chiefs let Houston walk. Or even think about letting him walk. There are no pros to Houston leaving, only a massive list of cons.

And color me unimpressed with Ford so far.
I'd agree. Ford hasn't really impressed. He has shown a "few" brief moments of potential. But I still think he's a ways away from being ready to be more than what they are currently using him for. Which leads me to believe they may not be in a position to let Tamba go either.

This may come down to letting Berry walk at some point as they have to figure out how they are going to deal with Poe in a couple years.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is absolutely no way the Chiefs let Houston walk. Three months ago, I would have agreed that Tamba looks like the odd man out. Now I'm not so sure. Ford has been awful at anything other than rushing the passer. Maybe he improves through the remainder of the season or during the OTAs. If not, they can't afford to cut Tamba and a couple of other players come into play (including Eric Berry).

Number One: One of the most overpaid players in the league, Dwayne Bowe. Last time I checked, Bowe was receiving top five WR money. This for a guy who is currently 62nd in yardage and 72nd in receptions. The suspension voided the guarantees in his contract so the Chiefs can either demand that he sign a new contract commensurate with his production or cut him. The only thing that saves Bowe is the god awful performance of the rest of the WRs on the team.

Number Two: I hate to say this but Derrick Johnson might never come back from a ruptured Achilles (2/3 of NFL players don't) and if he does he might never be the same player. In the cold, hard business that is the NFL, will the Chiefs decide to move on. Well, that really bums me out.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:30 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

You make some great points Matriculator.

Also of note, I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), Hudson and Bailey are either UFAs or RFAs at the end of the year. So those two may have to be dealt with at some point. The Chiefs REALLY need to start getting some consistency on their offensive line. We can't get into the habit of swapping out offensive lineman every year. So they may have to pay Hudson as he seems to be a steady player at center.

WRT to DJ, a ruptured achilles is a pretty devastating injury. And he's north of 30. I see DJ coming back. But the question is how much of his old self will he be when he does? And what are we going to do about the other ILB spot. An ILB may need to be acquired somehow this offseason via the draft or FA. I'm a fan of Bernardrick McKinney out of Hail State if he decides to come out early. But DJ being out has been noticed because teams have had some success running up the middle on us when they haven't when DJ was there. Mauga and JMJ have played about as well as we can hope. But neither are DJ, obviously.

Ok, I know what comes next tends to get people a little heated up. But with regards to Bowe, and this may be a chicken or the egg discussion, is the problem with him his play/effort/skill, or the skill of the guy throwing at him. It's something to think about as Bowe has had a lot more success with QBs that many would say are far less talented than Alex Smith. So, what's the deal with Bowe? Yeah, his numbers don't come close to what they should be given that contract. But I just don't think the issue is as black and white as it appears.

But yeah, I'm not sure I see the Chiefs being in position to let Tamba go unless Ford REALLY impresses the before the end of the season.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ford sucks, we don't need to mince words here. He's bad. He's mediocre at rushing the passer and he sucks in coverage and against the run. He also hasn't had a lot of playing time, but where is that set we all heard about during the season with him and Tamba/JHou on the field at the same time? Is he so bad that they can't put him in even for that?

And I like Bowe, but not at that contract. He's gotta go and we've gotta reload at the position in the draft (2nd or later) and through FA.

And god I want Tamba and DJ to be Chiefs next year. I love them both.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

They really had no business winning that game but I will take it. That forced fumble by Ron Parker was flipping huge.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sigh, I can't be mad at you guys. And since we play every year and are bound to finish in the same spot in our relative divisions, lets just go out and get a couple wild card spots eh?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Sometimes you gotta win ugly. It wasn't until almost the very end where I thought we might win that game because we were getting beat up in all 3 phases most of the game.

Gameball definitely goes to Ron Parker IMO. They tested him. Especially at the end and he held his own.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
sigh, I can't be mad at you guys. And since we play every year and are bound to finish in the same spot in our relative divisions, lets just go out and get a couple wild card spots eh?
I love the Bills fans on this board, so I'm sad for you. You guys dismantled our offense for 50 minutes and it was painful as **** to watch. You could watch me rant and whine on my Twitter TL if you'd like.

Anyway, good game, mad respect. You're a good dude McGee.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Freaking Parker won that game for KC. the strip of Brown and his 3 plays made in last goal line stand were incredible