Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 NFL Draft

As usual I'll update the picks here as we go!

1(23) - Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn
3(87) - Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
4(124) - DeAnthony Thomas, WR/RB, Oregon
5(163) - Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
6(193) - Zach Fulton, OG, Tennessee
6(200) - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OT, Mcgill

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-10-2014 at 03:47 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:42 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See comment in the other thread. I like that they went for a pass rusher and Hali's eventual replacement. They needed a third edge rusher badly. When houston went down, they were fried.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:57 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need a QB because they don't have one. It's much more important than a third pass rusher.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
They need a QB because they don't have one. It's much more important than a third pass rusher.
They need players and talent because they are thin. Ford is better than the QB available. I note that Cleveland traded right in front of us. Was the word we were interested in a QB enough to spook them?

Also, Ford is more than a 3rd outside rusher. He is the eventual replacement of Tamba Hali and insurance against Houston jumping. Neither is a minor consideration. Heaven knows we would have loved this pick before Houston fell to us.

I say again, this will be a well respected pick.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 05-11-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this draft. get you QBOTF who will thrive in Reid's system, get some depth on defense, get your HR hitter on offense and special teams and add some maulers on the OL. All in all very pleased with this draft
Old 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

I won't say i love this draft unless there are still five players on the roster in 2020. That said, this is the kind of draft that makes such things possible.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 05-13-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it's definitely not what I would have done, however, I don't mind the class.

The issues with Houston and Hali are documented and well known, the Ford pick makes sense. And after his interviews I'm quickly becoming a fan of his. Hopefully he will return #90 to Neil Smith levels of respectability.

Gaines I'm iffy on, especially in light of Moncrief still being available, but if he can blossom he could be real good.

DAT is a massive upgrade over McCluster. Love this pick.

Call me meh on the Murray pick. Will he buck the trend and be the next Tom Brady? Probably not. The Chiefs have tons of holes and can't really afford to use one of a limited number of picks on a developmental quarterback, especially with Bray already on the roster.

And I like the 2 linemen at the end. If Fulton can hold his own feet to the fire he has the tools to be good. I especially like Larry. With his size, strength and intelligence I would be seeing if he can snap the football.

The Chiefs failed to address a significant weakness at wide receiver and depth and talent on the defensive line is seriously lacking. They're betting either Commings or Abdullah will be the answer at free. I give the Chiefs a C+.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Well it's definitely not what I would have done, however, I don't mind the class.

The issues with Houston and Hali are documented and well known, the Ford pick makes sense. And after his interviews I'm quickly becoming a fan of his. Hopefully he will return #90 to Neil Smith levels of respectability.

Gaines I'm iffy on, especially in light of Moncrief still being available, but if he can blossom he could be real good.

DAT is a massive upgrade over McCluster. Love this pick.

Call me meh on the Murray pick. Will he buck the trend and be the next Tom Brady? Probably not. The Chiefs have tons of holes and can't really afford to use one of a limited number of picks on a developmental quarterback, especially with Bray already on the roster.

And I like the 2 linemen at the end. If Fulton can hold his own feet to the fire he has the tools to be good. I especially like Larry. With his size, strength and intelligence I would be seeing if he can snap the football.

The Chiefs failed to address a significant weakness at wide receiver and depth and talent on the defensive line is seriously lacking. They're betting either Commings or Abdullah will be the answer at free. I give the Chiefs a C+.
From what I've been reading on gaines, I think he could be groomed to be a free safety. Dorsey suggested he's a depth pick for cornerback(which kind of pisses me off, especially with moncrief still on the board) He's athletic enough, and (although this is mixed reports) a fat guy looking for a twinkie can press better than that guy. I like the overall draft, especially the black mamba. He going to be scary good I think. Could he be the next Devin Hester(He did return like 5 punts at oregon) I think the linemen at the end will at least provide depth and possibly starting(I can see Fulton starting with the dumpster fire we have at RG)

And I was initially angry about the Dee Ford pick, but, I'm actually thinking about buying his jersey..maybe for my 4 year old(his first jersey was Holmes, but he's outgrown that)

The other worry I have about this draft class is that potential impact of these guys with injury. Murray, Mamba, Dee. All of them aren't exactly big dudes and just scream "Injury prone" to me.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

I wonder what my Priest autograph Jersey is worth.

I think what the team is hoping for is rookie versions of Shaun Phillips and Sean Smith from Ford and Gaines. We can hope. They point is that neither has a starting job as a rookie, but in two years, they should plus regulars.

Adam Teicher did an article on the team's revolving door.
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-...eally-improved

On the whole, I think the roster has held the line. Whethre the results are as good remains to be seen, but doubtful. The schedule fell out favorably last season. We could be better and lose 2-3 more games.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 06-26-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more and more I think about it I love this draft. I will be writing an article soon about pass rush, then another about the 2nd year class. Miss you vidae
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote