Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-31-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 Offseason and Draft thread

2015 DRAFT PICKS

1-18: Marcus Peters, CB, UW
2-49: Mitch Morse, C, MU
3-76: Chris Conley, WR, UGA
3-98: Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon St
4-118: Ramik Wilson, ILB, George
5-172: DJ Alexander, ILB, Oregon St
5-173: James O'Shaughnessy, TE, Illinois St
6-217: Rakeem Nunez-Roches, NT, Southern Mississipi
7-233: Da'Ron Brown, WR, Nothern Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
His soft D really turns me off
** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-08-2015 at 02:50 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hali is cut/traded I might cry.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will be. Traded, not cut. Maybe to the Pats or something. Just not in the division, please.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trades are so rare doubt it happens. Best case is a restructuring.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard they would save like 9 million by cutting Hali. He's gone. :(
Old 01-01-2015, 08:10 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is THE THREAD for discussion about the upcoming offseason and draft.

1. Sign Justin Houston
2. Sign Rodney Hudson
3. Draft ALL the OL
4. ??
5. Profit?
6. See if you can sucker some QB needy team into trading for Alex Smith :)
Old 01-02-2015, 11:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from what I saw tonight I would love it if KC took Kendricks the ILB from UCLA . Dude was a monster tonight vs KSU
Old 01-03-2015, 11:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd love that too. Him and DJ (if 100% healthy again) inside would be amazing.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Here's a list of the Chiefs' unrestricted and restricted free agents:

Unrestricted:

Jason Avant, WR
Kurt Coleman, S
Thomas Gafford, LS
Richard Gordon, TE
Ryan Harris, OT
Justin Houston, LB
Rodney Hudson, C
Jeffrey Linkenbach, OL
Josh Mauga, LB
Mike McGlynn, OL
Joe McKnight, RB
Chris Owens, CB
Ron Parker, DB
Kevin Vickerson, DL

Restricted:

Dezman Moses, LB
Kelcie McCray, S
Old 01-06-2015, 09:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Hudson, Coleman and Avant are the guys I'd try to keep.Did'nt list Houston cause I know he'll be back on the franchise tag
Old 01-08-2015, 03:50 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston I think will get the Tag. Hudson should be resigned. I'd try to retain Gafford and Mauga as well. The rest can go.

I'd try to free up money by getting rid of Bowe. With the Pryor signing I'm gonna save money by unloading Daniel, by trade if possible.

Obviously, wide receiver and offensive line are big needs. I think they also need to upgrade in the secondary and at defensive line. Depth at linebacker is an issue. They should also keep looking for a quarterback. Between Daniel, Pryor, Murray and Bray I'm not convinced they have a great long term option to develop, so keep looking.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think Gafford is gone. I didn't notice it personally, but the rumor going around is that he has been pretty terrible lately. They have TWO other LS on the roster at the moment, so something is happening. Adding one extra means competition, two more means replacement.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

normally guys who sign this time of year don't intrigue me but Da'Rick Rodgers does. weather anything comes of him or not who knows but I'm very intrigued by his signing
Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming we re-sign Hudson, why would we need to spend a lot on the OL? If Stephenson is toast, then there is one spot that needs a big upgrade. Fisher/Allen/Hudson/Fulton is at least decent. That said, if Scherff is there, take him.

I doubt we can get a starting WR in round 1, though everyone will give us a WR in their mocks. I think DB or DE is more likely.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Assuming we re-sign Hudson, why would we need to spend a lot on the OL? If Stephenson is toast, then there is one spot that needs a big upgrade. Fisher/Allen/Hudson/Fulton is at least decent. That said, if Scherff is there, take him.

I doubt we can get a starting WR in round 1, though everyone will give us a WR in their mocks. I think DB or DE is more likely.

J
I doubt we can get a starting WR in round 1???? Well if no one in this years draft picked after KC's #1 pick could start on this team......well the league better come up with some rule changes to benefit all offenses in the NFL. Really???? Really????
Old 01-15-2015, 11:45 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
I doubt we can get a starting WR in round 1???? Well if no one in this years draft picked after KC's #1 pick could start on this team......well the league better come up with some rule changes to benefit all offenses in the NFL. Really???? Really????
Yeh. Really.

Just to be clear, at #18 we would likely not be able to draft a player that can start at WR right out of camp. Players that can do that will not last to us. Last year was unusual in that regard.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

WR is round 1 is a joke of a pick anyway that won't help this team at all. Not even a little. 35 catches and 400 yards isn't going to help us do anything.

This whole "Alex needs weapons" camp is ******* ********. Every single one of them.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2015, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Quote:
WR is round 1 is a joke of a pick anyway that won't help this team at all. Not even a little. 35 catches and 400 yards isn't going to help us do anything.

This whole "Alex needs weapons" camp is ******* ********. Every single one of them.
35 and 400 would beat out every WR on the roster other than Bowe based on last season. Sad what a pathetic lot they are.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:15 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ok, then what do you propose the Chiefs do in the first? They aren't getting rid of Alex Smith whether we want them to or not.

For the record, I think there should be several positions on the table with that first pick. For instance, I think the Chiefs have a potential problem at corner. They only have Sean Smith for one more year. I really like Phillip Gaines but he kept getting nicked off and on during the year. After Smith and Gaines there's....? Cooper barely saw the field outside of special teams most of the year. Ron Parker is a better safety than corner and is a UFA this offseason. Chris Owens probably needs to be cut as he got beat quite a bit this year. So I think corner should be on the table in round 1.

ILB should be on the table as well. We don't know if/when/what condition DJ is coming back in. Plus is on the wrong side of 30 with that achilles rupture. Joe Mays is a solid journeyman. JMJ and Mauga are backups. And I believe Mauga is a UFA. So there's an issue at ILB.

Personally, I think Alex Smith is part of the issue with the offense. Yes, the receivers could play better. Yes, the offensive line could play better. Yes the COACHES could coach better. But Alex Smith needs to play better too. I don't think, regardless of who is playing receiver, Alex Smith is ever going to be the kind of QB that's going to maximize receivers outside the numbers and deep down the field. However saying that doesn't mean you don't try to improve the receiver spot if you can. I still think Bowe can be a quality receiver in the right scenario. But if what we saw out of Bowe this year is all we can expect going forward, then for cap reasons, they are probably going to have to cut him and move forward. Regardless the Chiefs probably do need to have WR on the table in the first round.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:17 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Yeh. Really.

Just to be clear, at #18 we would likely not be able to draft a player that can start at WR right out of camp. Players that can do that will not last to us. Last year was unusual in that regard.

J
You don't think a Devante Parker if he's still there at 18 or a Kevin White if he's still there or a Jaelen Strong can beat out Donnie Avery?

There's still some months before the draft. And there's still a lot TBD between now and then. But I'm having a hard time believing, based on what we know now, that if any of these 1st round WRs are still on the board at 18 that they can't AT LEAST beat out Donnie Avery for a starting spot.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd say OG (for that RG spot, push Fulton back to a quality depth guy) ILB, or CB should be the only things worth considering in the first round. Or one of the QBs if they fall, which they won't.

WR in the 3rd? Absolutely, but not before that. They're the 3rd option in our offense anyway, why spend a premium pick on that?

Quote:
Old 01-22-2015, 10:50 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
I'd say OG (for that RG spot, push Fulton back to a quality depth guy) ILB, or CB should be the only things worth considering in the first round. Or one of the QBs if they fall, which they won't.

WR in the 3rd? Absolutely, but not before that. They're the 3rd option in our offense anyway, why spend a premium pick on that?
As much as I don't like spending high picks on the offensive line outside of LT, I can actually see the Chiefs going OL in the first. I disagree with moving Fulton to backup as I think the kid has a good amount of upside. But that LG spot could use an upgrade.

I really like Donald Stevenson and he's a local kid. But he somehow got in Reid's doghouse last year and never really got out. Not sure that's going to bode well for his career here. I hope I'm wrong. But I could see the Chiefs going RT at 18. Maybe Clemmings if he tests well and all. Or Flowers if he's still there. IDK. Time will tell I guess. Like I said I'm not really one for using a bunch of high picks on the offensive line outside of maybe LT, but it wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs went that route in the first.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:31 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a case could be made at virtually any position in round 1. Obviously upgrades could be had at QB, WR, OL, DE, ILB, and DB. That said, most of those positions have capable professional football players already on the roster. Offensive line and wide receiver really do not. Albert Wilson, Zach Fulton, Jeff Allen, maybe, but there's a ton of questions and not enough answers. That's why, if all players available are equal, preference should be given to WR or OL.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:56 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

I'm inclined to agree VW. There is a lot that can change between now and late April. But there are a lot of directions the Chiefs can go with that first pick depending on how the draft falls.

Would anyone fall out of their seats if that first pick is Danny Shelton if he's still there at 18 given Reid's history of spending a lot of picks on defensive linemen?

Or what about Trae Waynes? That wouldn't shock me given where the Chiefs are in the defensive secondary.

Or if Mariotta experienced an Aaron Rodgers-esque fall down to 18...?

I think a lot is in play at 18 including the obvious ones (WR and OL).
Old 01-26-2015, 12:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The only thing I disagree with is that LG spot. If Allen is healthy, I think he's solid there. I'm not sure Fulton will ever be more than average. I'd love it if he turns out to be a stud, but I'm not seeing it atm.

And this all hinges on Fisher continuing to develop.

Quote: