Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-02-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston, Berry and Smith are all due for contract extensions. Hopefully that frees up some cap space. I'm worried Tamba might be a cap casualty next year..

On another note, villagewarrior, I noticed you live in independence Missouri, I have a class there. How tough is it to get around Indep? Any good hotels you'd rec or not rec?
Old 03-06-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berry is going to be tricky. He stepped on the field being the highest paid player on the D because of the stupid amount of money top five picks got at the time.

Now that he has a couple pro-bowls under his belt who knows what his agent is going to be wanting...
Old 05-13-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be a long season. The Chiefs downgraded in the trenches which is never a good thing. They're counting on undersized rookies, undersized journeymen, and former busts to upgrade the receiving corps. Free safety is a complete unknown. When does age catch up to Tamba and DJ?

Add all of that to the schedule we face...could we see a possible top 10 pick in 2015?

We should have a boatload of picks after compensatory picks are awarded.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Contract-year Chiefs LB Houston skips OTAs
Old 05-29-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I guess I'm not shocked. He's one of the league's up and coming standout pass rushers and he's only getting paid about $1M this year (his fault for smoking dope right before the draft). He's probably trying to make a statement as well as protect himself from potential injury in OTA that would put his contract at risk.

But, the Chiefs are in a sticky situation with certain players and their cap numbers/contracts. Something is going to have to give and they are going to have to say goodbye to some pretty big names in KC. There is just no way they can afford to give new contracts to Alex Smith and Justin Houston while having Tamba, Flowers, S. Smith, DeVito and Berry's heavy contracts on the books. And, oh by the way, Berry is about due for new contract soon. And if Poe keeps ascending, I'm sure he and his agent are going to be asking for a huge contract in a couple years.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think Flowers is getting traded or cut. More then likely cut. I don't want it to happen but it very well could.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Report: Sean Smith cited in alleged drunk driving incident

Old 06-13-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Bye Brandon Flowers I miss you all ready...
Old 06-14-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hope the Chiefs' pass rush gets back to the form it was in the first half of last year and maybe even a bit better. That secondary is gonna need it.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:57 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Let's hope the Chiefs' pass rush gets back to the form it was in the first half of last year and maybe even a bit better. That secondary is gonna need it.
I think that may be conservative. D Ford looks like the real deal. If he was healthy enough to post Combine numbers, I think he goes 10-15 picks higher.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm thinking 6-10 maybe 8-8 if everything goes their way. The OL is awful and the secondary is a mess.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I think that may be conservative. D Ford looks like the real deal. If he was healthy enough to post Combine numbers, I think he goes 10-15 picks higher.

J
Dee Ford looks downright awful. He takes himself out of every single play and sucks against the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm thinking 6-10 maybe 8-8 if everything goes their way. The OL is awful and the secondary is a mess.
6-10 if we're lucky, top 5 pick.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:50 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be my roster if I were calling the shots:

Quarterbacks (3, 3/53)
11 Alex Smith
10 Chase Daniel
9 Tyler Bray

I think the first two are obvious. I would toy with keeping Murray over Daniel, but with this line you probably want a more experienced guy as the backup. Probably would have been a better pick to take a receiver (TJ Jones) or defensive back (Antone Exum) than Murray.

Running Backs (4, 7/53)
25 Jamaal Charles
34 Knile Davis
32 Cyrus Gray
42 Anthony Sherman

Gray and McKnight is a toss up, but I think Gray being a core 4 special teamer gives him a leg up.

Wide Receivers (7, 14/53)
17 Donnie Avery
88 Junior Hemingway
15 AJ Jenkins
19 Kyle Williams
8 Albert Wilson
85 Frankie Hammond
1 DeAnthony Thomas

You may notice the lack of Bowe. With his suspension allowing the Chiefs to get 10mil back over the next two years, and as bad as this team is going to be this year, I'm moving on. The loss of Bowe likely puts the Chiefs in contention for a top QB (Winston, Mariota, Hundley?) and solves another long term question (Smith, QB).

Tight Ends (3, 17/53)
80 Anthony Fasano
87 Travis Kelce
47 Demetrius Harris

Pretty self-explanatory. Fasano's the steady vet, Kelce and Harris provide a ton of potential for the future. One of the better positions on the roster.

Offensive Line (9, 26/53)
C 61 Rodney Hudson
C 64 Eric Kush
G 73 Zach Fulton
G 71 Jeff Allen
G 65 Ricky Henry
G/T 74 Jeff Linkenbach
T 72 Eric Fisher
T 79 Donald Stephenson
T 68 Ryan Harris

I believe but am not sure but I think Stephenson's suspension allows the Chiefs to keep an extra player, if so it'll either be Webb or LDT. In any case, the Doctor won't make the roster and I think the Chiefs try to sneak him on the practice squad.

Defensive Line (7, 33/53)
E 97 Allen Bailey
E 77 Mike Catapano
E 70 Mike DeVito
E 99 Vance Walker
E 96 Jaye Howard
T 94 Kyle Love
T 92 Dontari Poe

What a lackluster group. Will Catapano and/or DeVito be PUPped? I've been impressed with Howard since he was at Florida, I think he and Bailey will start alongside Poe. Not much to right home about here, though.

Linebackers (8, 41/53)
55 Dee Ford
91 Tamba Hali
50 Justin Houston
95 Josh Martin
53 Joe Mays (PUP)
56 Derrick Johnson
57 Nico Johnson
52 James-Michael Johnson
51 Frank Zombo

Which Johnson - Nico or James-Michael - gets cut when Mays returns? Ford's looked bad, hopefully he'll turn the corner soon. Hali, Houston and DJ are as good a linebacker corps you'll find, reserves are shaky at best though.

Defensive Backs (9, 50/53)
31 Marcus Cooper
21 Sean Smith
38 Ron Parker
23 Phillip Gaines
20 Chris Owens
29 Eric Berry
39 Husain Abdullah
49 Daniel Sorensen
41 Malcolm Bronson

The decision here is do the Chiefs take a 5th corner or a 5th safety. They just traded for McCray, does he make it over Owens? Or over Bronson. If Berry is PUPped they can delay that decision.

Special Teams (3, 53/53)
5 Cairo Santos
2 Dustin Colquitt
43 Thomas Gafford

The Chiefs save money by going with the younger, just as good, and cheaper Santos, and wave bye bye to Succop. Colquitt is still a stud. Dave Toub still has some weapons in Knile Davis, DAT, Wilson and Hammond.

I'll probably get roasted for not keeping Bowe.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that I don't agree with you on Bowe, but they're keeping him, 100%, no question in my mind.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:52 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Not that I don't agree with you on Bowe, but they're keeping him, 100%, no question in my mind.
I agree. Just saying what I would do. I'm a dreamer.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Eric Berry is finally going to play this weekend.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

They gave Anthony Sherman "Tank" a much deserved contract extension.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Best FB in the NFL, he deserved it. And we got him for Javier Arenas.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Default 2105 Draft Talk

Ok, so I know it's early and the Chiefs seem to be making a push for the playoffs. But lets talk 2015 draft (since this is a draft site). What are you all thoughts as to some directions the Chiefs might look to in the draft? Positions of interest, etc?

For me WR and CB are 2 of the top needs. I'm really liking Jalen Strong from ASU and Devante Parker from Louisville at the WR spots. Rashad Greene from FSU at WR is very intriguing as well. Amari Cooper will be long gone by the time we pick barring getting busted for dope or something crazy like that - one can hope :)

Ideally, on a FA tip, I'd love it if Maclin hit free agency and the Chiefs could afford to get him. But with big contracts looming for Justin Houston, Dontari Poe and potentially Rodney Hudson and Allen Bailey coming up in the next year or 2, Maclin might not be a possibility. But one can dream.

At CB, there doesn't appear to be a ton of the big corners Dorsey and Reid seem to prefer. Trae Waynes looks like he has a good amount of potential and size. But he also appears to be a top half to top 3rd of the draft prospect. Marcus Peters out of Washington is a 6 footer that looks intriguing. I want to see Jalen Collins play out of LSU. But it seems I never really see him or notice him in the few LSU games I have seen. But, on paper, he has the size the Chiefs like. Alex Carter out of Stanford has the size the Chiefs look for and is intriguing. I go back and forth on how I view PJ Williams out of FSU. Of course, everyone I mentioned here is a Junior if I'm not mistaken.

I think the Chiefs may have a small issue at ILB. Mauga and JMJ have played about as well as we could hope for. But they aren't in the class of the guy we lost - DJ. And with DJ's age and coming off an injury that most athletes struggle to come back from...So maybe an ILB is in play for the Chiefs. I'm a HUGE fan of Bernardrick McKinney of Hail State. Seems to be in the Rolando McClain/Don'te Hightower mold in that he has the flexbility to play multiple LB positions. Although he appears to be a bit more athletic than those two. And he appears to be able to line up and bend the corner from outside to the QB even though his natural position is at ILB. He could be an intriguing prospect, especially for the Chiefs, should he decide to come out early. As mentioned, we don't know if/when/or in what condition DJ is going to come back in given his age. And, if I'm not mistaken, DJ has one more year left on his contract after this year....

I'm not overly concerned about the offensive line provided they re-sign Hudson and I think the O-Line has held it's own as of late. I think at some point they are probably going to let Jeff Allen walk. I'd be interested to see if Kush can play guard (assuming they re-sign Hudson). What's going to be really interesting to see is what they do with Donald Stevenson. I still think Stevenson is one of our best offensive lineman but I assume he's in Andy's doghouse for getting clipped for violating the leagues substance policy. I'd hate to see him leave. Especially given his talent and the fact that he's a KC native (Blue Springs actually). I really hate seeing good linemen leave. Especially since we seem to struggle getting the same 5 guys to start more than 1 season. I think that lack of consistency in personnel along the offensive line is one of the major things that holds the line back as that unit, probably more so than any other, has to work in concert so much.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs extend Allen Bailey
Old 11-16-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

WELP. That was entertaining.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW not sure if anyone else has heard this but heard the Chiefs are at the Baylor game scouting Bryce Petty
Old 11-25-2014, 02:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea how this team will respond motional Sunday with the Berry news. It could go one or two ways. They could come out with fire in their eyes or this could completely take the air out of them I have no idea