Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-19-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he was the best coach of the Herm edwards era. He made Thigpen look pretty good(the third qb for miami now). His offense was kinda easy to figure out though, most teams slowed us down in the second half. He did really well at Georgia Tech. Jerry Jones said he should have hired Chan a while back and Scott Pioli said he was willing to promote Chan to HC but didn't think arrowhead fan base would think that chan can lead him to the promise land. Definately a good fit in my opinion.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/chiefs/story/1145840.html

Rich Gannon's thoughts on Weis coaching Cassel.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I think the chances of Vrabel staying just went up.
why?what'd ya hear?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just said that when we got Romeo.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I just said that when we got Romeo.
ahh.nm then I thought you had heard something
Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would not mind seeing him back with a limited role he is like a coach on the field I would be willing to bet he helped Hali out alot.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not terrible or anything, he just isn't as good as he used to be.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills just hired

CURTIS MODKINS (offensive coordinator/running backs coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/curtis_modkins/

JOE D'ALESSANDRIS (offensive line coach)
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

BOB BICKNELL (tight ends coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/bob_bicknell/

KEVIN PATULLO (offensive quality control)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/kevin_patullo/

Any info? Will get +rep.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

As long as they keep the structure clear, I think the Chiefs have a great chance to bring the franchise back into winning territory. I have a lot of respect for Weis and Crennel as coordinators. You'll need a good draft, but the AFC West is winnable.

I am a Cowboys fan but I've always rooted for KC in the AFC because they were the Dallas Texans.
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Bills just hired

CURTIS MODKINS (offensive coordinator/running backs coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/curtis_modkins/

JOE D'ALESSANDRIS (offensive line coach)
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

BOB BICKNELL (tight ends coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/bob_bicknell/

KEVIN PATULLO (offensive quality control)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/kevin_patullo/

Any info? Will get +rep.
I like Modkins but Bicknell and D'Alessandris are not good coaches. Chan Gailey worked closely with them but I was not a fan, at all.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He's not terrible or anything, he just isn't as good as he used to be.
I really wish he'd move inside. He's a solid ILB, and that's a much better place for him at this point in his career, and he'd be more valuable to the team in that role as well...especially with Crennel coming in.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I like Modkins but Bicknell and D'Alessandris are not good coaches. Chan Gailey worked closely with them but I was not a fan, at all.
Pretty much this that said Bicknell and Alessandris didn't have much to work with either.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I really wish he'd move inside. He's a solid ILB, and that's a much better place for him at this point in his career, and he'd be more valuable to the team in that role as well...especially with Crennel coming in.
Oh yeah I completely agree with you on this one. I've been saying for a while now he should move inside. If we keep DJ, and that seems like a big if at this point, he would be better inside I think too. At least better than Williams/Mays.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

There has been alot of talk about Kerry Rhodes being cut or traded from the Jets what do you guys think about going after him?

If he is cut I say we should look in to it but if they want to trade him then I'm not sure.

I would be fine giving up a 3rd but in no way a 2nd.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really liked Kerry Rhodes. He was garbage at Louisville, but somehow ended up making himself into a good player in the NFL. I don't know what I think of him as a potential acquisition for the Chiefs to be quite honest. If he's an FA, fine... I wouldn't trade for him. This safety class is loaded with guys that I'd rather have.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He's only 27 so if we can pull the trigger and sign him via FA I'm 100% good with the move. I don't want to give up anything substantial for him but I would love him in KC red.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Rhodes playin' for the bengals would be nice.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The Chiefs website has had some pretty good senior bowl coverage.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

notice how we seem to be talking to CB's more then any other posistion
Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
notice how we seem to be talking to CB's more then any other posistion
The Chiefs are thin at CB. Flowers is a stud, but Carr was a big disappointment this year. I attended most games and couldn't believe the coverage gaffes Carr committed. 3rd and 4th CBs Leggett and Washington were nothing special. Plus, the schemes put in place by Pendergast were clumsy in regards to how the safeties, Brown and McGraw were to assist.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Carr wasn't great but he wasn't horrible. I think the biggest problem is the pass rush. Or rather, the lack thereof. Our corners were abused because the QB had all day to throw back there. A LITTLE more pressure (read: a lot more) would go a long way with this defense.

Our safeties still suck though. And we can't stop the run. But other than that!

Old 01-29-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm not sold Carr is a starting CB.

Chiefs Announce Coaching Staff Changes

Richie Anderson (Wide Receivers)

Anthony Pleasant (Assistant Coach – Defense)

In addition, the Chiefs also announced that Bob Bicknell, Clancy Pendergast and Dedric Ward will not return to the coaching staff.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cya Clancy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

On the ESPN Insider page it says the Chiefs are interested in Peppers but I'm not a insider so I don't know what's up?

That said I'm not sure I want him with the price he will be asking and having to be OLB in a 3-4 something he has never done.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If we only sign one marquee free agent this year it has to be Wilfork. I don't like Peppers at all. He's getting up there, it's a new position, and he seems like a giant whiner. We don't need locker room distractions.