Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

I think Peppers fits best in Atlanta. They have a good team and they need to take the next step.
LB Chuck Howley
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want the season to get over with start the off season all ready...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't agree more, but it should be a pretty entertaining Super Bowl at least.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True.

For the first time in years I like both teams I won't be upset either way.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at as well. I guess if I was FORCED to pick someone I'd go with the Saints. I like Brees, Bush and Colston. Though I do like the Colts..

I guess I would be fine either way, but Brees doesn't have a ring and Peypey does.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...b-23f5b544f7f6

Veteran assistant Clancy Pendergast has joined the Oakland Raiders coaching staff.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...b-23f5b544f7f6

Veteran assistant Clancy Pendergast has joined the Oakland Raiders coaching staff.
lol

this could mean a couple wins next year.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Thankfully he stays in this division.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I really wish he'd move inside. He's a solid ILB, and that's a much better place for him at this point in his career, and he'd be more valuable to the team in that role as well...especially with Crennel coming in.
Talking about Vrabel right? How do you know he's a solid ILB? To the best of my knowledge he has not played in the middle.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Talking about Vrabel right? How do you know he's a solid ILB? To the best of my knowledge he has not played in the middle.
He played both ILB and OLB in NE.

At his age I feel he would be better at ILB.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he could be put at ILB and we'd have less of a hole. With the way Studebaker played in him absence, Pioli said a few days ago he hopes studebaker fills in at OLB
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He played both ILB and OLB in NE.

At his age I feel he would be better at ILB.
Hmm, interesting, I was not aware of this. In that case, and if Mr Vrabel can play inside satisfactorily, I'm ok with that move(not that I really have a say in the matter, just saying). I would still place McClain at the top of my list at 5, I think he could be a rock inside for a long long time for the Chiefs. Also, I like what I saw from Belcher in limited action, so I think making those moves would turn the Chiefs middle into a strength.

I think that would also open up an avenue to Pierre-Paul or Morgan, who I think are both terrifying and intrigueing prospects.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

More terrifying than intriguing from where I'm sitting.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Cassel's contract puts more pressure on 2010 season
Old 02-16-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vrabel was not very good in his time at ILB with NE. He was adequate, at best, and often got washed out by offensive linemen. At this point in his career I can't imagine he'd be better than that, so don't get your hopes up.

Why are there no mocks giving you guys Berry at S? Don't you have 2 practice squad guys and two 30+ year-old safeties on the roster?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm higher on McClain because I'm confident Morgan (3rd round pick from two years ago) and Page can start at the safety spots, but at ILB I don't see a starting quality player on the roster. MAYBE Derrick Johnson, but I doubt it.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, thanks. I'm just curious b/c everyone seems to go McClain even if they mock QB at 1 and have Berry available at 5. It seems like grabbing Berry would be just as good as McClain, especially if you could land Spikes and Pouncey/Asomoah (maybe a little high . . .) in the second.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wouldn't HATE Berry -> OL/Spikes in the second, I just think it'd be better to go McClain -> OL/S. The Safety class is really deep this year and ILBs are not.

In all honesty, I couldn't be upset if we took Berry. Who could? I just think the pick is better used elsewhere.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a question guys, why do you think there's such a drop off in talent? I might be really biased, but I think Pat Angerer says "solid ILB". Granted he wouldn't be as good as Spikes or McClain, but he'd be an instant upgrade to what we have currently(outside of DJ).

I also hope that Morgan can develop, he was rated the second best safety(behind Kenny Phillips) on alot of boards. Then again Joey Harrington was rated the best QB......................He's like the "DJ of Safeties" he has all the raw talent, but for some reason can't put it together...
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I'm not sure if Morgan even makes the team this year. He was on the bubble often this past season and kept getting saved by injuries. Even when everyone got hurt this year he rarely seen the field. I just don't think this staff has much hope for him. I am interested to see if Washington moves to safety this offseason. He might have some potential there. All said I think I would rather leave the safety spot empty than to have Brown out there again.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't know what people see in Morgan he has yet to do any thing that shows me he can be a starter.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

What has he done to show you he can't be? He has barely seen the field.

He's a young guy and was considered by some to be the second best safety prospect that year. Some of you guys are so quick to throw people away before they've really seen the field.. Morgan and Cottam specifically.

Give them time before they're not deemed worthy. It doesn't happen overnight.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What has he done to show you he can't be? He has barely seen the field.
If the coaching staff doesn't think he should be on the field why should I?

As for BC I have faith he can play but I don't believe he can stay on the field reminds me of Todd Heap.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The coaching staff never said he wouldn't be in the future. They went with veteran experience, which didn't work out well. That means he never has a place here?

Also, you're going on the opinion of Clancy Pendergast, who is one of the worst coordinators we've ever had? I'll wait to see what a real NFL coordinator thinks of our defensive personnel before I write a player off.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what people see in Morgan he has yet to do any thing that shows me he can be a starter.
He has like 8 tackles vs. St. Louis in the pre-season. He showed he his athleticism and tackling ability. Yea it was the pre-season, but it was against NFL caliber starters. He also came out as a juinior. One thing Herman Edwards knows is defensive backs, and I think Morgan does deserve a little bit more time. Imagine the amount of stress put on the players, in addition changing schemes three times in three years.