Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I haven't been studying the draft all that long, but it's not unheard of for right tackles to be picked up in the top 15. I think it's a little more common for guys who were drafted to be left tackles to get moved over to the right side when they fail.
You hit the nail on the head. Most of the time you draft a LT in the top 15. Only when a team has a stud at LT and needs a RT would they contemplate taking a RT that high in the draft. Most RTs that are drafted top 15, were originally drafted as LTs and just couldn't cut it.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is talk of Antrel Rolle getting cut he can come on over here...
Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both Rolle and Page play FS. I don't know if one of them are able to make a seasmless transition to SS. I like what Rolle brings to the D.

Also, SD cut Tomlinson. At the right price, he could be our goalline back. He always did have a nose for the endzone. He would also bring untold knowllege to Jamaal Charles. Plus, he would also have a chance to stick it to SD twice a year. Little bonuses like that make it all the better. IDK, just a thought.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Page is 225 pounds I have always felt he was a SS trying to play FS I think he would be better at SS with his size.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Page is 225 pounds I have always felt he was a SS trying to play FS I think he would be better at SS with his size.
Agreed, I like him better at strong than free, however, if we are going to get a former Cardinals defender I would rather get Karlos Dansby. If we could get both, wonderful. If we could get one that would be good too.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

With all the quality players that will be avialable in FA, it's a great time to be a buyer. You can change the whole outlook of the up coming season in a matter of a few months.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is, I don't see us spending any in FA. We didn't really touch it last year and I don't see us breaking the bank for a big name FA this season either.

I think it'll be another boring offseason for KC fans.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:42 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The problem is, I don't see us spending any in FA. We didn't really touch it last year and I don't see us breaking the bank for a big name FA this season either.

I don't think so. Pioli has shown in New England that they would spend money for players if they thought they could fill a hole. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss just a couple of examples. And yes, I know Moss was a trade, but they still had to pay.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:

I agree with you about the big FAs. I don't think the Chiefs sign any the big FAs. I do believe they will spend some money in this offseason. There are to many holes to fill. Also, it has been highly publicized in KC how much under the cap the Chiefs have been the las few years. If they really want fans to come to the New Arrowhead experience, then they need to spend some money. Especially if it looks like a lockout in 2011. Fans will want to get their fix and win now
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I don't think so. Pioli has shown in New England that they would spend money for players if they thought they could fill a hole. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss just a couple of examples. And yes, I know Moss was a trade, but they still had to pay.
This is only after the team had its fundamentals down and was able to handle the attitudes that come with talented players with big contracts.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs re-sign Matt Gutierrez, Kolby Smith

And cut Mike Goff.

I'm not going to lie I liked the Goff pick up at the time but he was and is done as for Smith he is not a bad player when on the field but that is pretty much never.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think most of us thought the Goff signing would turn out differently than it has. It's too bad too, because I thought he had some left.

And as for Smith, I think he could be a good compliment to Charles but he can't stay healthy. It's a shame because he had a few solid games backing up LJ.. I want to say the 2008 season?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I'm with you guys. I was very pleased to see the addition of a quality OLineman. Man, that didn't turn out at all like we thought it would. We should have known Goff didn't have much left. SD let him go with no hesitation. It's not like he was a high priced FA that the Chiefs outbid another team on. SD wouldn't have let a starting caliber OG go when they are playing for a chance at a Super Bowl.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I wonder if the Chiefs make a play for ex Brown and Pat CB Leigh Bodden?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I could see it. He'd probably start opposite Flowers, which would push Carr into a nickleback role, if he's lucky. I'm probably in the minority but I like Carr.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs hire Trip MacCracken, Mike Clark
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It'll be interesting to see if the player injury issues that plagued Seattle follow Clark to Kansas City. Strength training is an extremely important and unrecognized factor in a team's success.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The closer we get to the actual draft, the more I seem to be getting worried. It's not necessarily a BAD worried, but last years draft was kinda lackluster as far as excitement went, so I'm hoping this year is different.

Having three picks in the first two rounds is sure to help with the excitement factor, but I can't help but wonder if we're going to take someone like Tyson Jackson last year. Not necessarily the position, just the "reach" or something. Does that make sense?

I'm kinda worried we'll take Bulaga or something. Argh. Why can't it be April 22nd already? :)

Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year, they REALLY needed Jackson, though. This year, they don't have to reach to fill a need. Whether they want a S (Berry), ILB (McClain), OLB (Morgan/JPP), DL (if Suh/McCoy slips), OL (Davis/Okung), or WR (Bryant), they'll have someone there that's a solid value at #5.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Oh, I know, I guess I should have clarified it with "someone I want on the Chiefs" haha.

Right now my top 5 is probably something like this:

1. Rolando McClain
2. Eric Berry
3. Dez Bryant
4. Ndamukong Suh
5. Anthony Davis

I doubt Suh and Berry are there at 5, and I don't know if we'd take an ILB top 5, so Dez Bryant or OT is looking more and more likely as the days go on.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

WHAT?!?!?! Come on Vidae, last off season wasn't boring for the chiefs. Pioli, Haley & Cassel = a little more exciting than most teams.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
WHAT?!?!?! Come on Vidae, last off season wasn't boring for the chiefs. Pioli, Haley & Cassel = a little more exciting than most teams.
Actually, you're right. It was a pretty exciting offseason. I meant more FA/draft wise, but it was a pretty kickass time to be a Chiefs fan with those acquisitions.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to Pioli we will be active in FA.he said we were active last year but some things did'nt come together
Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Hey guys, been gone for a while. I am ready to see what KC can do this offseason. :)

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Hey AJ, welcome back! Glad you're back in time for the combine/draft stuff!