Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Chalk me up as one who isn't counting on Weigmann to provide much. Undersized, old, not a good combination. Not sure if he is really an upgrade over Niswanger, but should provide depth hopefully.
I still feel he is a upgrade over Rudy who I feel is a OG trying to play C.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, that's why I think Pouncey should still be on the radar. If not him in the second then Tennant in the third.

We definitely don't want a repeat of Goff, so drafting one of these guys (most notably Pouncey, who has the feet to move inside to guard) is still a very smart decision. If Casey doesn't have it anymore then we have a backup plan (Pouncey) to take over. If we sign Lilja and he doesn't have it, we have someone to plug in.

It's obvious Wiegmann is a year rental, but he's a very good veteran presence who a younger guy can learn from.

edit: With the talk of Fraley, Lilja and Casey, I'm a bit worried that maybe OL is not going to be addressed much in the draft. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because Pioli and co. know that they're not long term answers (except maybe Lilja).. but I still have this sinking feeling in my gut that this is their solution to the OL problem and the draft won't play a part in rebuilding it.
I understand your point and I really would like to see the Chiefs draft Pouncey but OTOH I really would like to see the Chiefs address their defense in a major way in this draft and that doesn't mean just the #1. If 4 of the first 5 players we select are defensive players, I won't be unhappy.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be unhappy either, just a little irked. Yes, our defense has been historically bad the last few years, but if we're going to be a complete team and compete for the division, you can't neglect one side.

That said, there will be some good C/G prospects in the later rounds, so I'm not too worried, but Pouncey seems like an ideal Pioli fit: smart, has good feet, and can play multiple positions on the line. Versatility is a must these days.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the Chiefs will address the OL in the draft SP won't make the same mistake twice.

Atleast I hope not.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Chalk me up as one who isn't counting on Weigmann to provide much. Undersized, old, not a good combination. Not sure if he is really an upgrade over Niswanger, but should provide depth hopefully.

Yeah, his last year here I was ready to see him go. With most of the division being 3-4 teams and his struggles against NT's it doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface. It does appear though that Pioli is going to bring in a lot of bodies on the OLine and I guess figure it out at camp.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli will still make a solid draft picks investment in the OL. Weigmann and Waters, and some of the other guys they'll bring in are short-term guys. Look at New England's line...it was built with drafted players from 2001 and has had the same starters for the last 3 or 4 years. Hell, even some of the backups have been there forever (though that's changed over the last year or so with Yates, Hochstein, and Gene Mrzurdncz.vx.x... leaving).

The OL just isn't an area where they're going to want to invest premium assets while they're building a base.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Pouncey if available at the top of round 2, than about round 4, one of our round 5 picks if Joe Hawley is still available I'd take him too. Offensive line will have some talent to work with then.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Chiefs are moving to a ZBS
Old 03-14-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where you read that?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1...them-zone-them

interesting piece here on how the chiefs incoporated more zbs blocking schemes near the end of the year
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a very good article. When Jamaal was playing well down the stretch, you could tell it was a ZBS. It looked alot like the running game Denver showcased while Shanny was at the helm. Let a speedy runner with good vision get to the edge and make a cut up field. Jamaal fits so well into this system. He has elite speed and great vision. His vision comes from his play at Texas. Most of the runs that Charles succeeded with at Texas came out of the "spread". Running out of the spread is like running draw plays. He was able to develope his vision and use the lanes created by the wide splits of the OLineman. Fast forward to today, he gets to run shotgun draws, edge runs using ZBS, and alot of play action and screens. These are picture perfect fits for Jamaal and some of these he has be running since his college days. I'm glad the Chiefs finally figured out what they had and the best way to utilize his talents.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be nice if the Chiefs could bring in Lilja and be able to use their first 3 or 4 picks on defense. I'm a fan of Pouncey, but I don't think he'll be there for the Chiefs' second pick.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're going to a ZBS, I have a hard time believing we'll be drafting a guard in the first couple rounds esp. if we sign Lilja. Does Okung fit the ZBS? I definitely think this move rules out Bulaga.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF Pouncey is there at the top of the second I think it's a no brainer pick, no matter who we bring in during FA (Wiegmann has signed, maybe Lilja soon). It makes too much sense. He can play multiple positions on the line and would be the heir apparent at Center.

If he's gone, I love Tennant and I like Walton, so those are two other guys to look at in the later rounds.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see a startling increase in zone blocking between when Johnson and Charles were touting the ball, what I did see was an increase in runs that were intended to be run outside for Charles, which makes sense since he is a smaller back than Johnson.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't see a startling increase in zone blocking between when Johnson and Charles were touting the ball, what I did see was an increase in runs that were intended to be run outside for Charles, which makes sense since he is a smaller back than Johnson.
The article said they didn't use ZBS at all when LJ was here. As they made the switch to JC, Haley increased the amount and complexity of the ZBS because it was appearant JC and the OLine were getting better with it. Towards the end of the season, we were almost primarily using ZBS. Think back to those "runs intended for the outside". The OLine would flow with Charles toward the sideline then Charles would cut it up field when he saw a hole. That's the purest form of a zone strech as you can find.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I think we need to give Jamaal Charles a clever nick name. The one I like the most will only work with the current Chiefs coaching staff. Haley's Comet. I wish it was more universal, but I love the sound of it. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Charles in charge.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Haha I do like Haley's Comet and Charles in Charge. I'll try to get some creative juices flowing and see what comes up.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
If we're going to a ZBS, I have a hard time believing we'll be drafting a guard in the first couple rounds esp. if we sign Lilja. Does Okung fit the ZBS? I definitely think this move rules out Bulaga.
Okung would be a nice fit in the ZBS.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Where has my boy T-RICH49 been?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I haven't seen T-Rich in a while. Wonder what's goin on.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Any one heard any thing on Lilja? I got nothing...

Edit: He is a Chief.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

:)

Last edited by Splat : 03-16-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-with-chiefs/

Yay!

edit: Oh, Splat beat me!

Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Zone blocking FTW!!!