Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-21-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T-RICH! We're glad you're ok!

Yeah pretty good signings. Glad you're back.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Looney - no number assigned to T.Jones yet...he must be ready to wheel and deal with D. Washington for that #20. :)
Old 03-23-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3...ng-doesnt-mean

Pioli: Wiegmann Signing Doesn't Mean Niswanger's Gone.

"Don’t make it out to be some sort of ominous sign that means this player is on the way out," Pioli said according to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. "Here’s what it means for Rudy: It means there’s going to be stiff competition for his position just like every other player has. We’re trying to get better."

"That competition will sort itself out. We’re trying to put the five best offensive linemen that fit out on the field. Other than that, we’re not going to be boxed into anything."

"We went back and watched games specifically against some of the bigger players and the bigger nose tackles and Casey played well," he said. "He’s a very smart, crafty football player and still a solid starter in the National Football League."
Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3...ng-doesnt-mean

Pioli: Wiegmann Signing Doesn't Mean Niswanger's Gone.

"Don’t make it out to be some sort of ominous sign that means this player is on the way out," Pioli said according to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. "Here’s what it means for Rudy: It means there’s going to be stiff competition for his position just like every other player has. We’re trying to get better."

"That competition will sort itself out. We’re trying to put the five best offensive linemen that fit out on the field. Other than that, we’re not going to be boxed into anything."

"We went back and watched games specifically against some of the bigger players and the bigger nose tackles and Casey played well," he said. "He’s a very smart, crafty football player and still a solid starter in the National Football League."
Still a solid starter in the NFL (Why do most upper managment and coaches in the NFL referr to it as Nation Football League? Maybe, they're not into the whole brevity thing.NFL is so much faster and it flows off the tongue.), but we brought in someone else to compete with him. I love it!

I think we all figured Niswanger as the backup, not gone. He has good enough skills to play a backup role at C and G. That flexibilty is nice to have in a backup.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I agree, I never expected Niswanger to be CUT, just.. not starting. He just isn't good enough, and there are worse things in life.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does a weigman signing mean no looks at Pouncey?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
We have to get younger and better at the C position. Pouncey should definitely be on Pioli's radar. It's just a matter of timing and availabilty.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Not at all IMO.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think so, no. Wiegmann is a year or two stop-gap rental, at best. I'd be surprised if G/C wasn't address this year.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/03/2...ox-and-ndukwe/

"The Chiefs re-signed two under the radar players in FB Mike Cox and G Ike Ndukwe.

Ndukwe siged his RFA tender and Cox was an exclusive rights free agent."
Old 03-25-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 03-25-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Man, watching that brings back a lot of memories.

And I really wish we had that offensive line again, they were so damn beastly, not to mention Tony Richardson who has been a gd stud his entire career.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Wow!! That was awesome to watch, agian. I got goosebumps watching it. That was really impressive. Everyone knew what we were going to do when we got the Red Zone and no one could stop it. If only we had a mediocre defense, we could have beaten Indy that year in the playoffs. Who knows? Thanx for posting that. I needed alittle reminder of what it WAS like at Arrowhead. We will get back there agian. I just hope it's sooner rather than later!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

You know, if the Chiefs draft somebody like a Russell Okung or a Bryan Bulaga instead of Eric Berry, you might get that kind of dominant offensive line again.

Substitute "Jamaal Charles" for "Priest Holmes" and boom, there you go.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
You know, if the Chiefs draft somebody like a Russell Okung or a Bryan Bulaga instead of Eric Berry, you might get that kind of dominant offensive line again.

Substitute "Jamaal Charles" for "Priest Holmes" and boom, there you go.
I lol'd at this.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I lol'd at this.
I did to. Okung I agree with, Bulaga not so much. Just a matter of opinion. Truth be told, I know my own luck. If the Chiefs drafted Bulaga, I would hate it. It wasn't a "sexy" enough pick for me, but I can assure you that because I don't like him and didn't agree with his selection, he would be a complete stud. All the players I have loved in the Chiefs past drafts haven't quite panned out so well, Dorsey (jury is still out. Much improvement between year 1 and 2), D Bowe, Derrick Johnson. The picks I haven't liked have been much better, Tyson Jackson (who knows? to early to tell), Tamba Hali, Larry Johnson. I have been right on a few occasions. I loved John Tait when we drafted him and I hated Ryan Sims.

Morton, you are right about making the Oline great. I just don't want to have it be another 2003 when we could have won the Super Bowl if only we had a defense good enough to make the other team punt at least once. As of now, the running game in the last 6 games of '09 looked alot like those highlights. Maybe we can build on that and do just as you suggested, substitute Jamaal for Priest.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to see everyone's point on Bulaga..Not a Top 5 IMO...But honestly, I don't see how we can pass up on Okung. He's the definition of a franchise tackle. If Okung isn't there, try to trade down to a team looking to lock up a QB.

Okung would be my first choice. But if he's not available and we can't trade down (A very likely scenario), then I would focus my attention on McClain, Berry, JPP, and give some thought to Joe Haden. JPP doesn't seem like a "Pioli"-type player, and I have a hard time believing we would take a DB in the top 5 given Pioli's history (letting Asante Samuel walk, etc.).

So to recap, Okung or McClain are my top 2 choices. And I think all this Bulaga talk might be a smokescreen to prevent people from jumping in front of us to grab Okung before us.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Last edited by adschofield : 03-25-2010 at 07:24 PM.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okung still gives me Trezelle Jenkins flashbacks.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

Quote:
Man, watching that brings back a lot of memories.

And I really wish we had that offensive line again, they were so damn beastly, not to mention Tony Richardson who has been a gd stud his entire career.
Willie Roaf and Will Shields were possibly the two best at their positions I've ever seen.
LB Chuck Howley
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs are going to draft a tackle, am I the only one who would rather have Trent Williams over Bulaga?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
If the Chiefs are going to draft a tackle, am I the only one who would rather have Trent Williams over Bulaga?
Kiper agrees with you!

Of course there are some of us who don't believe the Chiefs will take a tackle in the first round.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

ONLY, and thats a caps lock ONLY, if he is at RT not LT AND if we trade down a few spots. I don't think #5 is the spot to draft a RT unless you thought he could play LT.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If we absolutely have to draft a tackle, and Okung is off the board, yes, I'd much rather have Trent Williams over Bryan Bulaga.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we absolutely have to draft a tackle, and Okung is off the board, yes, I'd much rather have Trent Williams over Bryan Bulaga.
Why is that? Are they that much different? I for one would almost rather reach for Dan Williams that have two left tackles on our team. At least with Williams you fill an immediate need.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is my sentiment as well. The Chiefs absolutely must draft defensive help at 5, and I'm talking about Berry or McClain, not Dan Williams. I'm suspicious of late post-season rises like he has had. Berry and McClain have a history of showing up on game day.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote