Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-03-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I think it's funny that 99% of the Chiefs fans on here are talking about Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, and all of the other elite defensive players they like, and yet we all know in our hearts Pioli is not going to pass on a LT @ #5.

This thread is going to be so funny to read after Apr 22.
The thread may be funny after April 22, but your post is irritating now.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
KC.grown
Rookie

KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.

I would love to see us go tackle cassle needs more time because his decision making is questionable.if we draft defense we should trade down in the first round like we should have done last year. I don't mind going defense but not at five unless its McCoy or Suh.
KC.grown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC.grown View Post
I would love to see us go tackle cassle needs more time because his decision making is questionable.if we draft defense we should trade down in the first round like we should have done last year. I don't mind going defense but not at five unless its McCoy or Suh.
Welcome to the board. :)
Old 04-03-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welcome to the board, fellow Chiefs fan!

I am going to disagree with you. Cassel showed in New England that when he has weapons he makes pretty good decisions. Cassel had a rough stretch there near the end of the season, but for the most part I thought he did remarkably well for what the Chiefs gave him to work with. I think the line will do much better this year as we'll see Albert bounce back in his 3rd year and with the additions of Lilja and Weigmann.

The defense, however, is terrible. Berry or McClain must be the pick at 5.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welcome to DraftCountdown and the Chiefs boards. Always great to have another Chiefs poster.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. A lot of factors went into the performance of our offense last year, and while our offensive line struggled, I don't think it's a cause for concern now. They really improved towards the end of the season, and going through OTA/full training camp/preseason with an actual offensive coordinator will do wonders not only for Cassel but for the OLine as well. Weis did a lot with a less talented group in NE, and he will hide our deficiencies here as well.

As for Suh/McCoy, I think it would be very difficult to pass on Suh if he somehow fell to us at 5 (he won't) but McCoy doesn't fit well in this system. I'm not sure I like him as a 3-4DE at all. Not to mention that we have two top 5 picks on the DL.. it's a lot of money to throw there.

McClain or Berry make the most sense at 5, even if they're both considered "reaches" there. We need an impact defensive playmaker. We can't stop the run and haven't been able to for years. It's getting frustrating watching no-names rush for 250+ yards on us and it's got to stop if we want to go anywhere in this league.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-03-2010 at 11:58 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Suh or McCoy fit the 3-4 very well, if we still played a 4-3 I would be all over either but since we don't I would pass.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
KC.grown
Rookie

KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.

Thanks for the welcome I love the chiefs.I would only say our oline got better because Charles was so fast out the gate. With a slower back we saw time after time defenders in the backfield. And cassel if you think about never really consistently shined in games until we were down and the defense played prevent. Of course our offensive playcalling was also horrible. Dez Bryant anyone lol.
KC.grown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our line got better as we transitioned more to a ZBS. Yeah, Charles definitely helped too, but moving to a new scheme seemed to really bring out the strengths of our guys, and it's obvious we're working more at the ZBS in the future with the signings of Wiegmann and Lilja, two guys perfect for the scheme.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Cassel has to learn to get rid of the ball faster no matter what even in NE with the weapons he still had trouble with that.

That and he throws one the worst deep balls in the league.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There is a Chris Chambers interview on kcchiefs.com and when asked about directions for the draft he says something along the lines of "I know some guys were cut and we need to replace those spots, like Mike Brown isn't here anymore" .. did Mike Brown get cut and I didn't hear anything about it? According to his wiki page, he's a free agent.

Did I just completely miss this or was it not really announced? I can't find any news articles about it either.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
There is a Chris Chambers interview on kcchiefs.com and when asked about directions for the draft he says something along the lines of "I know some guys were cut and we need to replace those spots, like Mike Brown isn't here anymore" .. did Mike Brown get cut and I didn't hear anything about it? According to his wiki page, he's a free agent.

Did I just completely miss this or was it not really announced? I can't find any news articles about it either.
They didn't cut him, they just chose not to resign him when his one year deal expired. It was sort of a non-event and I don't think they ever announced it.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I totally didn't check the rfa/fa list before I asked that. Duhhhh. :)

Old 04-12-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Q & A with T.Jones

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...f-0c4dea1f6b15
Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4...ce-wr-ted-ginn

1st, you look at this and go, "Why do we want a someones elses bad WR?" If you think about it long enough, it makes sense. Teddy could be a Pro Bowl KR/PR. He has proven his worth on special teams. 2nd, maybe a change of scenery does him alot of good. He will ever be able to live up to the expectation put on him by the Dolphins or their fans. Coming to KC could be new start for him without high expectations. 3rd, we know that Parcels and Pioli aren't afraid to trade with each other. 4th, I think Teddy Ginn jr. will be a better player than most, not all, of the WRs avialable in the 5th round (if thats what they are asking for. I don't see him with much more value than that).

Ginn is young and has alot of football ahead of him. He is a great returner and has speed to be a deep threat. Is he worth giving up a 5th rounder to have those qualities in a player? I say, why not!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From that video, I gather that he plays the return game and the WR position as well as Bobby Wade.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Looked better than Wade in that video to me!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

LOL. That's awesome that he has a lowlights video. That kinda goes to my point about living up to the pressure in Miami. I Love it!! "Drop it like it's HOT!"
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I just don't want to see the Chiefs give up a draft pick for guy making top ten money that is only a KR/PR.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Player numbers update.

#20 Thomas Jones (formerly worn by Donald Washington)

#65 Ryan Lilja

#84 Chris Chambers (Was 11 last year)

#62 Casey Wiegmann

#90 Shaun Smith

#27 - Donald Washington
Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I just don't want to see the Chiefs give up a draft pick for guy making top ten money that is only a KR/PR.
For the Chiefs, he'd be an ideal slot receiver on top of kick return duties. Injuries bother me more than anything. I'd give a 5th, maybe 4th.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
For the Chiefs, he'd be an ideal slot receiver on top of kick return duties. Injuries bother me more than anything. I'd give a 5th, maybe 4th.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I like his abilities alot. He has yet to realize his talent and come to fruition, but his strengths are many and help the Chiefs in many ways. If, and thats a large IF, his asking price is a 5th round pick, I would make the deal.

By the way, someone mentioned paying him top 10 money. Last season his cap value was $2.695 M making him the 44th highest paid WR in the NFL. Chris Chambers made $5.3 M in 2009, as a point of referrance. Obviously Teddy's # would change with a trade because his signing bonus would have to be paid in full at the time of the trade, but there are plenty of really bad WRs ahead of him in pay.

Deion Branch $7.546 M
T.O. $6.25 M
Roy E Williams $5.66 M
Michael Clayton $5.1 M
Antwaan Randle El $4.122 M
Braylon Edwards $3.854 M

You'll love this Darrius Heyward-Bey made $2.42 M in '09

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 04-14-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I agree. He would fill a need that would also allow us to focus elsewhere early in the draft. I'm scared of taking Golden Tate in the top of the 2nd when we have so many other holes and Ginn could probably allow us to delay that a year. I think Ginn has unreasonable expectations placed on him because of Miami drafting him too early. I also would like to see Charles not be asked to return kicks this year and Ginn defiently could fill that void for us.

I also agree about the money. It's not that bad at this point of his contract it's not that bad and I'm already upset with how tight the Chiefs have been. Money should not be an issue on a one year deal. The other factor to consider is if he has a good year and we let him go we can get a 5th round or better compensintory pick next year.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I also would like to see Charles not be asked to return kicks this year
Truer words have never been typed before! Keeping Charles out of KR duties is key to having him healthy all year.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I would give up one of our 5ths for Ted Ginn. With the acquisition of Brandon Marshall today they'll be looking harder than ever to deal him.

I don't quite agree about his slot duties, but he is definitely a keeper at kr/pr. Maybe working with Weis could help him improve as an actual receiver, but I'm not holding my breath.