Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the 1000th post in this thread.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This is the 1000th post in this thread.

and it was a classic. :)
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Q & A with Lilja

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...6-26c27bb8949c
Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy Ginn on his way to the Bay area

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/4/16/14...miami-dolphins
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Good................
Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports Kansas City Chiefs restricted free-agent LB Corey Mays has signed his one-year, $1.759 million tender offer.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

SD at KC MNF first game of the year.:(
Old 04-20-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sad face? This is our first nationally televised game in years. Extra awesome for those of us outside KC.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Big fun! I'll be getting my tickets and red pass to this one for sure.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last MNF game I went to was 2000 agianst the Seahawks. It has been way to long and a new generation of Chiefs fans has never felt the electricity of Arrowhead on MNF. I know we only got it for the renovated stadium, but it will be fantastic!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice article in the Star today in regards to safeties in general and Eric Berry in particular.
As I've been watching game film of him, the Chiefs could certainly do worse at number 5. He's not a big hitter, but is really, really fast and seems to be in on nearly every play, kinda like Polamalu. Considering that he would be replacing Brown, who couldn't even find the play if given a map, it's an instantaneous massive upgrade.
I was at the Browns game where we made Harrison and Cribbs look like Hall of Fame locks, and Brown/Leggett/Washington whatever other safety was thrown out there (McGraw was injured) looked like they were just lost.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

maybe our new NT??? I don't know how he fits in a 34, but I know he has the size!

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12878976699

Plus, it allows the Chiefs to right a wrong from along time ago. John Henderson was available when the Chiefs drafted Ryan Sims. John could have been a Chief this whole time
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
maybe our new NT??? I don't know how he fits in a 34, but I know he has the size!

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12878976699

Plus, it allows the Chiefs to right a wrong from along time ago. John Henderson was available when the Chiefs drafted Ryan Sims. John could have been a Chief this whole time
was gonna mention this.Henderson would be a great NT IMO
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

His height (rotworld listed him at 6'7" 335lbs) may be an issue (very high center of gravity and lose alot in leverage), but you know he will command a double team every down. Occupying blockers and stoping the run are jobs #1 and #2 for a NT. I know he has succeed at both in the NFL. The third and only slightly less important job is pushing the middle of the pocket backwards on passing downs. This doesn't allow the QB to "step up into throws" and allows the blitzing OLBs and easier time to sack the QB (the deeper the QB goes into the pocket, the less of a hard angle the bliters have to take and they get to the QB much faster). John Henderson would be a 3 down NT, IMO. I would love to sign him.

Using height as an issue not to sign a good football player is being really picky.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 04-26-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
His height (rotworld listed him at 6'7" 335lbs) may be an issue (very high center of gravity and lose alot in leverage), but you know he will command a double team every down. Occupying blockers and stoping the run are jobs #1 and #2 for a NT. I know he has succeed at both in the NFL. The third and only slightly less important job is pushing the middle of the pocket backwards on passing downs. This doesn't allow the QB to "step up into throws" and allows the blitzing OLBs and easier time to sack the QB (the deeper the QB goes into the pocket, the less of a hard angle the bliters have to take and they get to the QB much faster). John Henderson would be a 3 down NT, IMO. I would love to sign him.

Using height as an issue not to sign a good football player is being really picky.
I thought the same thing this morning also when I seen he was available. I hear that the Giants will likely show a lot of interest as well as some other 4-3 teams. Hard to tell if he will be interested in us. I could see us having an interest in Adalius Thomas depending on Romeo's experience with him in New England. Either way I do hope we make some additions to our front 7. Now I'm just crossing my fingers on Jamal Brown being released in New Orleans.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Actually, Romeo has no experience with Adalius at all. Thomas was with the Ravens before signing as a FA with the Pats and this was after Romeo had left. It is a much higher probability Thomas signs with the Jets. They need pass rush help and Rex Ryan is very familiar with Adalius' talent. He did create the defense that made Thomas alot of money. Plus, he would get to play against Belichick twice a year just to prove him wrong.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, Romeo has no experience with Adalius at all. Thomas was with the Ravens before signing as a FA with the Pats and this was after Romeo had left. It is a much higher probability Thomas signs with the Jets. They need pass rush help and Rex Ryan is very familiar with Adalius' talent. He did create the defense that made Thomas alot of money. Plus, he would get to play against Belichick twice a year just to prove him wrong.

Good points. For whatever reason I thought Romeo was there when they signed him to that big contract. Probably a pipe dream, but I'm just wanting us to add some more players to this team.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It'd be an issue for a young player, but Henderson can handle the challenges of his height. Ted Washington was 6'5.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Sounds like the Giants are all ready showing a interest I think it's a long shot.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It'd be an issue for a young player, but Henderson can handle the challenges of his height. Ted Washington was 6'5.
Thank you. There is another thread (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40987) where I have said that Hendersons size won't hurt him as a NT, but some people are adamant that his only fit in a 34 would be DE. I don't know everything about football, but I'm not an idiot either. He seems to be a very good fit for 34 NT even if at his age you had to rotate him in and out.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

ESPN is reporting that Henderson is visiting KC tomorrow. I would love to see something worked out here. (It's insider stuff so I don't want to post the link).
Old 04-26-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

That would be a great pick up he is not the player he once was but would still be a upgrade.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Tis true.

Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:59:36 -0400

The Kansas City Chiefs are scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent DT John Henderson (Jaguars) Tuesday, April 27, his agent told Newsday's Tom Rock.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Nick Wright interviewed John Henderson today just after it came out he was coming to KC. It's on the homepage.

http://www.610sports.com/

Heres the slap footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAN9qsRGQts

just listened to the interveiw and he says all the right things. Scott, get him signed up. Don't let him get back on that plane. Personally, I think Arthur Bryant's maybe the thing that gets him here. 6'7" 335 the dude is a monster and doesn't really fit through normal doors.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 04-26-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know guys, wasn't he dropped out of jacksonville because he has the label of a "cancer". I don't see it happening especially since we just drafted everyone's team captains