Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may just be ill-informed, but I have heard no stories about being a locker room cancer. I will do some digging and see what I come up with. Maybe someone else has seen/heard a story to the contrary.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Henderson as a NT and I don't like the idea of moving Dorsey there. I wouldn't mind Henderson as a rotational 34 DE type of guy at all, but the alternative seems silly.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You may be right about him playing NT. I guess since that is where I perceive the Chiefs have the biggest hole, I just want a really big guy (John Henderson) to fill it. On a side, I hope to never use that sentence again. I really don't want a guy, espcially a really big guy to fill any holes. Theres alittle homophobia for the thread. Sorry. Anyway, I think John cold be the best fix to our biggest problem. However, we have heard Dorsey's name being bandied about at NT. This came long before Henderson or the draft. Maybe it's a real possibilty. Put 20 lbs on him and he would have the body for it. I hope his fractured tibia is ok, because the added weight would make it easier to reinjure. It just seems weird to make Dorsey put on wieght and ask Henderson to lose a couple lbs. People much smarter about football will make the choice.

Your right, the main point of adding anyone is making the run defense better. Whether it be adding a DE and moving Dorsey or adding a NT.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always felt Dorsey could be gradually transitioned to NT a la Jay Ratliff. He's strong enough, and now has a year of this defensive scheme under his belt, so should understand the job better. We'll see him at NT in passing situations...
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I like putting 3 first round picks along the defensive line (Jackson-Dorsey-Henderson) and I absolutely would plug Henderson in at right DE. I think the impact he could have on the Chiefs young defensive linemen could be huge in teaching them how to prepare year round to be an NFL lineman.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't like Henderson as a NT and I don't like the idea of moving Dorsey there. I wouldn't mind Henderson as a rotational 34 DE type of guy at all, but the alternative seems silly.
Sillier than another year of Ron Edwards at nose tackle? I agree that Henderson isn't an ideal fit at NT and Dorsey isn't either but when the alternative is another year of Ron Edwards playing a position he's less suited for than Henderson; I'm up for that.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henderson > Edwards

I think Edwards is better then some Chiefs fans think but he would be better rotating then starting.

Henderson,Edwards and Smith would be so much better then what they had to work with last year.

Last edited by Splat : 04-27-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Sillier than another year of Ron Edwards at nose tackle? I agree that Henderson isn't an ideal fit at NT and Dorsey isn't either but when the alternative is another year of Ron Edwards playing a position he's less suited for than Henderson; I'm up for that.
I meant I'd rather have Henderson as the NT than asking Dorsey to bulk up a bit and play the NT role. Dorsey played well at 34DE.. so well that I think he could really succeed there with Crennel coaching him up because the man can coach a defensive line.

And while I don't love the NT fit, I'd love to have him playing it over just Edwards/Smith. I'd throw as many big bodies in there as we can until one sticks.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
I meant I'd rather have Henderson as the NT than asking Dorsey to bulk up a bit and play the NT role. Dorsey played well at 34DE.. so well that I think he could really succeed there with Crennel coaching him up because the man can coach a defensive line.

And while I don't love the NT fit, I'd love to have him playing it over just Edwards/Smith. I'd throw as many big bodies in there as we can until one sticks.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Dorsey bulking up really worries me. That could be a detriment to his progress. Plus, 3 years, 3 positions, 3 schemes isn't the best way to help Dorsey succeed.

I love the line, "throw as many big bodies in there as we can until one sticks." Laws of averages says one would have to eventually work out, right?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Numbers.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...9-d5db05ee969c

#29 – Eric Berry
#22 – Dexter McCluster
#30 – Javier Arenas
#73 – Jon Asamoah
#81 – Tony Moeaki
#49 – Kendrick Lewis
#55 – Cameron Sheffield

#68 – Garrett Brown
#57 – Justin Cole
#89 – T.C. Drake
#69 – Tyler Eastman
#13 – Rich Gunnell
# 8 – Jeremy Horne-Murdock
#79 – Lemuel Jeanpierre
#93 – Michael Johnson
#35 – Tervaris Johnson
#74 – Nick Landry
#70 – Andrew Lewis
Old 04-27-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a BC fan, I love Gunnell in the slot in this offense. He's amazing at finding holes in coverage. Very underrated player.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

There was a debate on what Dexter McCluster would play RB or WR well he has a RB number but I still look for him to spend alot of time working the slot.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

WTF, now someone is saying that Henderson isn't coming to visit the Chiefs. It isn't like it was some schmuck like me blabbing his mouth John would be here. I heard it from John's mouth.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/12958728273
Old 04-27-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I may just be ill-informed, but I have heard no stories about being a locker room cancer. I will do some digging and see what I come up with. Maybe someone else has seen/heard a story to the contrary.
I figured he wasn't a good "presence" in the locker room since he was being cut from the jags. The guy is still a player, why cut him otherwise?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Apparently Del Rio called him out last summer saying he didn't believe his shoulder injury was serious and that he was milking it. Before the season they met and "cleared the air". I have not heard of any other issues with him. He was released I imagine because his salary didn't meet his production and he's really probably a 20 snap a game player at this point. I still would love to have him, but I guess now it's not looking good.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
WTF, now someone is saying that Henderson isn't coming to visit the Chiefs. It isn't like it was some schmuck like me blabbing his mouth John would be here. I heard it from John's mouth.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/12958728273
Both John and his agent have said he would talk with the Chiefs this week I don't know where this is coming from?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
KC.grown
Rookie

KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.KC.grown is a cocksman.

All this character stuff is crazy I don't care what they do in their personal life as long as they produce on the field. I am sick of rebuilding. And my question is on offense we struggled to make short and long third downs. Has this been improved by the players we have brought in honest opinion.
KC.grown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC.grown View Post
All this character stuff is crazy I don't care what they do in their personal life as long as they produce on the field. I am sick of rebuilding. And my question is on offense we struggled to make short and long third downs. Has this been improved by the players we have brought in honest opinion.

Yes. McCluster up the gut. :p

Seriously, we had 27% conversion rate on 3rd last year and I don't see how we improve that by much. Our defense will likely be on the field forever again. I hope I'm wrong and the line somehow takes on a new life, but I don't see it for this year. Hopefully Berry has 15 int's.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Sorry, but I disagree.

I absolutely care about character. We are going to build this team the right way, I still believe that, but I do not want some asshole who beats his wife or rapes women or gets drunk and kills someone behind the wheel. Same thing goes for locker room cancers.

I'm sick of that kind of behavior in the people that children look up to. It's sickening. You shouldn't get a pass because you can run fast or can throw a ball. That is the correct message to be sending.

Last edited by vidae : 04-27-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, but I disagree.

I absolutely care about character. We are going to build this team the right way, I still believe that, but I do not want some asshole who beats his wife or rapes women or gets drunk and kills someone behind the wheel. Same thing goes for locker room cancers.

I'm sick of that kind of behavior in the people that children look up to. It's sickening. You shouldn't get a pass because you can run fast or can throw a ball. That is the correct message to be sending.
As usual Vidae, well said. I don't want my son to come up to me and say "Daddy, I want to be like Larry Johnson and smack some hoes up in the club" I'd like him to say "Dad, next year, can I help out with the can drive like Jamal Charles did?" I wasn't on the Pioli bandwagon until he cut that peice of trash Larry Johnson. It takes a lot of guts to stand up in the public and say we won't stand for horrendous behavior.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC.grown View Post

Also, in response to your "have we improved question" I would say emphatically yes on offense. Drafting Eric Berry, assuming he is as good as he is promised, I would say our defense has improved. Not addressing ILB kinda frightens me, especially with two guys' who are supposed to be 43 weak side backers(DJ and Demorrio). Most improvement has come across the Offensive line. Lilja, Weigmann and Asomah. With those three guys we have increased our depth at center, guard and made our offensive line somewhat formidable. WR is going to be really good this year. Here's to hoping D-Bowe makes a huge comeback! We potentially have the best RB combo in the NFL. There's no reason for this offense to not be a top ten Offense.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Agreed Herm, but you're forgetting one of the biggest acquisitions for this offense: Charlie Weis. Things are looking up gents.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
As usual Vidae, well said. I don't want my son to come up to me and say "Daddy, I want to be like Larry Johnson and smack some hoes up in the club" I'd like him to say "Dad, next year, can I help out with the can drive like Jamal Charles did?" I wasn't on the Pioli bandwagon until he cut that peice of trash Larry Johnson. It takes a lot of guts to stand up in the public and say we won't stand for horrendous behavior.
Woah, what is your son doing in the clubs? Moreso, where are these clubs in KC that are letting kids in? This is a serious problem!

:D

Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's an article on ArrowheadPride quoting Herm Edwards as saying Dorsey can play nose tackle.

"He can do that," former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said of Dorsey playing nose tackle. "There's no question. Yeah, he can do that. He can hold up on the double team. There's no doubt."

Well, I guess that makes it official (if it wasn't already), this is a bad idea.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Yes. McCluster up the gut. :p

Seriously, we had 27% conversion rate on 3rd last year and I don't see how we improve that by much. Our defense will likely be on the field forever again. I hope I'm wrong and the line somehow takes on a new life, but I don't see it for this year. Hopefully Berry has 15 int's.
Less pressure on the QB (from screens, Charles running, and improved talent along the OL), more and better options for the QB (whole year of Chambers, Bowe not being a *****, McCluster out of the slot or backfield, ditto for Charles), and a better power runner (Jones).