Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, this is how I see our offensive line looking opening day:

LT: Brandon Albert
LG: Jon Asamoah
C: Brian Waters / Casey Wiegmann
RG: Ryan Lilja
RT: Ryan O'Callaghan

Five best linemen means something. Waters is better than Wiegmann but I think Asamoah is a starter from day one, I really do. I love this kid and he's an instant upgrade over both Waters and Wiegmann at this point.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen any one post this, but it's a good read.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...overlist_photo

Apparently the Chiefs tried to trade up in the 2nd for a player. I wonder who it was.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post

Apparently the Chiefs tried to trade up in the 2nd for a player. I wonder who it was.
Great find plus rep.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would have been one of these guys:

TJ Ward
Arrelious Benn
Koa Misi
Torrell Troup
Rob Gronkowski
Sergio Kindle
Lamarr Houston
Zane Beadles
Linval Joseph
Daryl Washington
Jimmy Clausen
Taylor Mays

If I had to guess, I'd say it was Troup. Crennel apparently loved him and I bet they were hoping he'd fall to 50.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Great read Village. Thanks for posting that.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the trade up was Troup or Daryl Washington. I heard some late buzz around him at ILB. Pioli didn't want to make a direct comparison, but said that his skill set was very similiar to Mayo coming out of college, IDK.

Pro Bowlers: Jamaal Charles, Javier Arenas (KR/PR) and I think you are right about Colquitt. I really hope Berry makes it and if anyone can make a great impression in his 2st year, he could. I think it will be hard with a couple well established safeties in the AFC. Maybe one of them will bow out and let the youngster have it.

I really think in order for our line to get better over the long haul, Asamoah needs significant playing time this year. Whether that be at RG, LG or C, playing time is big for him. Him at C gives us alot more punch up the middle on running plays, but having a rookie C is risky. Even Pouncey will play G in his 2st season. Maybe the Waters at C with Asamoah and Lilja at G is the ticket. I think it is asking alot of Waters to play C again, but he is a professional and will do whatever makes the Chiefs better.

I want to see Weis and Haley get very creative with the playmakers we now have on this offense. I would say original, but what I am asking for is hardly original. I want to see some "Wishbone" formations, "Flexbone" formations and "Delaware Wing T" formations. Simply substitute Thomas Jones for a FB and you would have some plays that no defense today is designed to stop. Getting Charles, MCluster and Jones all involved at the same time in both running and throwing will make the Chiefs a DCs worst nightmare. Imagine having to teach todays players an entirely new defense just to try and stop KCs attack with the "Wishbone" or "Wing T". I think the "Wing T" is my favorite. I am already making plays on notebook paper. I really should send them in and see what the coaches think. I'm not saying they haven't already thought of it, but maybe I will give them an idea to come up with their own stuff. Some of the plays are misdirection and use the defenses speed agianst itself. Others are more of an "option read" and are designed to get outside and use our ZBS to its full advantage. Others are simple running plays with alot of movement to confuse the defense. Any way we can get the ball in our playmakers hands and keep the defense on their heels and out of attack mode. To me, that seems like the best way to keep Cassel's jersey clean and produce alot of points while doing it.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wing T and zone blocking are incompatible. It's predicated on the offensive line whipping the defensive line at the line of scrimmage and opening holes for a big back to establish a running game. At that point you can begin mixing misdirection in. I think it works as a staple gimmick series, 3-5 plays a game cause I don't think the offensive line is built to run it.

And regarding rookies starting at center, I don't think that's any more risky than starting a rookie left tackle. I could be wrong but I believe 3 centers started as rookies last year: Alex Mack in Cleveland, Eric Wood in Buffalo and Max Unger in Seattle. And from what I've heard they played pretty well.

Either way, I've revised my official position to say that Asamoah will see significant playing time this year.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great story about Jon Asamoah and his family. Props to Arrowheadpride.com for finding it.

I hope his father's kindey is well enough to watch him here at Arrowhead.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

woops should have checked this threadf before posting it in a seperate one...neg rep me
Old 04-30-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
woops should have checked this threadf before posting it in a seperate one...neg rep me
We all get one here or there.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Honestly, this is how I see our offensive line looking opening day:

LT: Brandon Albert
LG: Jon Asamoah
C: Brian Waters / Casey Wiegmann
RG: Ryan Lilja
RT: Ryan O'Callaghan

Five best linemen means something. Waters is better than Wiegmann but I think Asamoah is a starter from day one, I really do. I love this kid and he's an instant upgrade over both Waters and Wiegmann at this point.
I think it is not a stretch to see waters play center. Especially with the bigger nose tackles. His brute strength can help him out there. Not to disrespect Rudy, but I Think either Casey or Waters is an upgrade over him at center.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Wing T and zone blocking are incompatible. It's predicated on the offensive line whipping the defensive line at the line of scrimmage and opening holes for a big back to establish a running game. At that point you can begin mixing misdirection in. I think it works as a staple gimmick series, 3-5 plays a game cause I don't think the offensive line is built to run it.

And regarding rookies starting at center, I don't think that's any more risky than starting a rookie left tackle. I could be wrong but I believe 3 centers started as rookies last year: Alex Mack in Cleveland, Eric Wood in Buffalo and Max Unger in Seattle. And from what I've heard they played pretty well.

Either way, I've revised my official position to say that Asamoah will see significant playing time this year.
We always played a team in high school that ran the wing-t(I assume this is single t as well right). They've made their money doing that offense, but If you had a D end that could contain, or they had an unathletic quarterback, it was game over. I guess the only guy we have that would be considered "big back" would be ccastille. But I'm not sure if I ever want him touching the ball when you have Thomas Jones, JC and DMC on your roster.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Asamoah get a shot at C.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I firmly believe that Asamoah will be starting somewhere on the line in the first game of the season. He is that talented.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see Waters as a C I know he played some C early on but not very good he is just a G to me.

That said I would love to see Asamoah either beat out Waters or light a fire under Waters and get him playing like he did a few years ago either would work for me. :)
Old 04-30-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have a very important question . . .

What impact will Thomas Jones and McCluster have on my plans to keep Charles in a FF keeper league?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I still see Charles getting a bulk of the carries here. Thomas Jones will be the back to spell JC when he needs a rest and I don't think McCluster will factor very heavily into the run game. Maybe some trick plays, some pr/kr duties perhaps and the occasional rush attempt, but I'd look for him to be more of a slot guy.

I still think you should hold onto JC, especially in a keeper league.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Not that anyone here gives 2 hoots about my employment status, but I was picked up today by the company installing the glass at Arrowhead. I start on Monday. It's is going to be fantastic showing up for work at Arrowhead every day. It's going to be pretty cool going to a game, knowing I installed the glass on the job.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I still see Charles getting a bulk of the carries here. Thomas Jones will be the back to spell JC when he needs a rest and I don't think McCluster will factor very heavily into the run game. Maybe some trick plays, some pr/kr duties perhaps and the occasional rush attempt, but I'd look for him to be more of a slot guy.

I still think you should hold onto JC, especially in a keeper league.
JC will get less touches than what he was getting towards the end of 2009. He was getting it 27 times a game, which is an insane amount for RBs these days. 17-20 is a more likely number, on average. With the improvements to the defense and offense, there will be a lot more plays to go around for the offensive guys. McCluster and Jones will pick up the extra downs that will be created from the improvements.

Last edited by nepg : 04-30-2010 at 05:29 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The Chiefs O will revolve around JC it all starts with him.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Not that anyone here gives 2 hoots about my employment status, but I was picked up today by the company installing the glass at Arrowhead. I start on Monday. It's is going to be fantastic showing up for work at Arrowhead every day. It's going to be pretty cool going to a game, knowing I installed the glass on the job.
That's awesome! Congrats!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good for you King Carl.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Congratulations on getting a job buddy, hope it turns into long term work for you.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
We always played a team in high school that ran the wing-t(I assume this is single t as well right). They've made their money doing that offense, but If you had a D end that could contain, or they had an unathletic quarterback, it was game over. I guess the only guy we have that would be considered "big back" would be ccastille. But I'm not sure if I ever want him touching the ball when you have Thomas Jones, JC and DMC on your roster.
I ran the wing T for two years in high school and hated it. The plays are slow setting up, and you nailed some of the ways it can easily be beaten. I think you can do it occasionally, but the speed of NFL defenses will kill it dead.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
That is awesome man. The next time I go to arrowhead(usually once a year), I'll tell my son. "I'll talked to the guy who installed those window's" Very cool man.