Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love Tony Richardson to finish his career as a Chief. If it were up to me I'd drop Tim Castille and keep Mike Cox. I like what he brings to the table and Tony Richardson is the perfect mentor. Also, it'd give me half a chub to see Tony blocking for JC.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
T-Rich just got cut, I don't care if he is 97 years old he is still WAY better then what they have now sign him NOW!!!
I saw this morning that the Jets cut TRich and I raced on here to see what you guys would think of bringing TRich back. I have my answer. We already know the city wants him back to right a wrong, long since past. We know that Thomas Jones wants him here and I'm sure it wouldn't take long for JC to figure out how much a great FB can help on those toss sweep plays.

Pioli, we are calling for it. Give him his $855,000 contract that the Jets didn't want to give him and get him in KC, yesterday!!! Drop Castille and make it happen.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd love Tony Richardson to finish his career as a Chief. If it were up to me I'd drop Tim Castille and keep Mike Cox. I like what he brings to the table and Tony Richardson is the perfect mentor. Also, it'd give me half a chub to see Tony blocking for JC.
To be honest I would be fine with dropping both Castille and Cox, two FB's is kinda over kill and it would free up a roster spot that we could use some where else.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my screenname would have relevence again lol
Old 09-06-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Richardson could rejoin Jets as soon as today

Blah...
Old 09-06-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to comment on the righting a wrong as it pertains to resigning Tony Richardson, and while it would be sentimentally nostalgic I think the Chiefs tried to right a wrong in resigning Donnie Edwards and see where that got them.

I like both the fullbacks the Chiefs have now, Cox seems to be a better blocker while Castille is better out of the backfield. I think I'd go with Cox over Castille.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown made the practice squad, so at least he's still in the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

So, DJ and Belcher will being starting at ILB and Wiegmann will get the start at C vs SD pre the KC Star.

I'm some what surprised that Demario Williams isn't starting, he had a solid preseason and got after the QB.

Wiegmann starting is awesome.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised by Williams not starting at all. He's a preseason warrior like Mays was last year. If he was half as good in the regular season as he was in the preseason he'd be a starter. And, you gotta trust that Crennel knows what he's doing with them. I think the plan is to have Williams rushing the passer on 3rd downs anyway.

Wiegmann starting over Niswanger is just smart. Wiegmann has a lot more experience and we need that veteran leadership on the line. Niswanger better pay attention because not many have done it as long or with as much success as Wiegmann has.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely off subject, do the Chiefs lead the NFL in dread locks this year? I mean just off the top of my head Bowe, JC, Mays, Sexter, KLew and TJax all have long dreads. And I'm sure I'm missing someone.

I think Romeo knows exactly what he's doing with the defense. Williams will be good spelling Belcher and DJ or one of those combo LB formations with everyone out there showing blitz and no one knowing where it's coming from. Williams has played well enough to deserve a chance. I think Belcher and DJ will be on a shorter leash than previously thought because of how well Williams has played. It's never a bad thing to have to many players playing well and having trouble fitting them all on the field at the same time.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But is there some coach I wouldn’t suspect who is in trouble? The guy who needs to be watched carefully is Kansas City Chiefs second-year man Todd Haley. He did about as much imaginable as any rookie head coach could in alienating his players with his loud sideline antics. Beyond that, Haley needs to get on board with Matt Cassel(notes) being the team’s best option at quarterback if he’s going to make it work with GM Scott Pioli. Haley has a way of grating on people that makes the candle burn a lot faster than usual.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...orylines090710

WTF? This guy is a ******. Haley didn't alienate anyone but the guys who aren't here anymore! "Get on board with Matt Cassel?" WTF? Haley does nothing but glow about Cassel. What a hack!
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's laughable, it would take a 2-14 melt down for Haley to get the boot, I really don't think Haley is the problem at all.

I would not go as far as to say he is a great coach, but I do think with the right coaches around him which he now has he will do just fine.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He whipped this team into shape and got rid of the trash. Last year was a character toughness test for the players that remain.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Agreed. I love what he has done, the team still needs more talent but the coaching staff is more then fine, I think one more off season and the Chiefs will make some noise.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think if RAC can get his defense in full-on "bend, don't break" mode, they'll be highly competitive this year. The key will be ball control and field position. This team has great special teams, so it's really up to an offense that's designed to hold onto the ball for large chunks of clock (Weisball) and a defense that's designed to keep everything in front of them and prevent big plays, first and foremost.

Last edited by nepg : 09-07-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Brown made the practice squad, so at least he's still in the league.
sorry bearfan_51, Brown was cut from the practice squad today to make room for Quinten Lawrence after signing NT Toribio

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9...wrence-returns
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think if RAC can get his defense in full-on "bend, don't break" mode, they'll be highly competitive this year. The key will be ball control and field position. This team has great special teams, so it's really up to an offense that's designed to hold onto the ball for large chunks of clock (Weisball) and a defense that's designed to keep everything in front of them and prevent big plays, first and foremost.
I have very little faith in Matt Cassel.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I've got a friend that was cheering to fire Haley all season, last year. I never understood that. How, after 1 season is he even on the hot seat? Usually, it would take 2 massively disastrous years or 3 years with no progression in order for a 1st time HC to lose his job. Yes, Haley is very loud and demanding. Yes, he will yell and scream and cuss until he thinks you are listening to him. Yes, you will need to know your job or you will get an ear full, but I don't know many coaches, outside of Tony Dungy, that have a differing philosophy from Haley. Most of the yelling and screaming has paid dividends, so far. Bowe looks much better on the field, DJ is now a starting LB and the team knows this is Cassels ship to pilot.

As far as Haley's and Cassel's relationship, I don't know what else a HC could do. He has been overly positive through the media. There has never been a QB controversy, but when Cassel needed a butt chewing, he was there to do it. And if Cassel thought getting Weis in here as a buffer was a good idea, then he was sorely mistaken. Weis will be even harder on him. Cassel has vereything in place to succeed. It's just up to him to take that next step forward.

Haley will not be fired this year and I am of the opinion that Pioli gives him another shot with a different QB if Cassel doesn't work out. I see at least 4 years from Haley here in KC.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I have very little faith in Matt Cassel.
I think, after watching the preseason, I agree with you. I just don't see the "it" factor. I know it was just preseason, but it should have come easy and he doesn't make anything look easy. His progressions are slow and his pocket presence is terrible. And don't get me started on his fumbling problem. For a dude that gets sacked as much as he does, he should be used to it and have figured out how to tuck the ball. Instead he fumbles more than Daunte Culpepper (smallest hands ever for a starting QB). Watch it this year, how many times the ball hits the ground while behind the line of scrimmage. We may recover it, but it was a fumble.

If he isn't the guy, I hope we cut ties early on and go get our new QB in the draft.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think you're both being a little too hard on Cassel. It was the preseason. Give him time.

If he doesn't work this year I'll tend to lean that way myself, but one year with no weapons and no protection doesn't translate into success for anyone.

He showed a lot more promise than not this preseason, in my opinion.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I do agree that I am being hard on him. I have $63 million reasons why I'm hard on him. I'm looking for the right stuff and I'm just not seeing it (yet, there is the possibility that with new weapons and protection, he could start to develop). I definitely need to see a lot of progression this year in order for me to be on board with bringing him back for 2011. We have an out in his contract after this year and he needs to prove to us he is the guy or we have to move on.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm not mistaken, Cassel's contract was structured so that the bulk of the money is paid in the first 3 years, after that he begins to be more cuttable (that's assuming a new salary cap is put in place). I'm hoping he can get his stuff together, but I don't think he's the biggest issue, that would still be the run defense. Jerome Harrison. Yes, they played well against Green Bay's reserves, we'll see how they do against some real competition, the Chargers.

As far as Haley goes, he does grate me a little bit. I'm not a fan of all the secrecy, I'm sorry Scott, Todd, there are no state secrets being kept at 1 Arrowhead Drive. I understand the need to run a tight ship, but I think they take it overboard sometimes.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/31...a-jack-of.html

Quote:
“The coaches have their agendas,” Haley said of his assistants, and he proceeded to rattle off the names of four coaches who want their due time with McCluster.

Haley said that coordinator Charlie Weis would use McCluster on every play if he could. Assistant head coach Maurice Carthon wants to steal him to play running back. Receivers coach Richie Anderson and special-teams coach Steve Hoffman want him, too.

“My job becomes: ‘OK, the guy can’t play 120 plays in a game,’ ” Haley said. “What can he play? What is the best thing for the team?”

Such a damn beast.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Here's a link to his contract: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=nfl&id=3237

His, Matt Cassel, base salary after this year drops to $4.75 M, but he has a $7.5 M roster bonus. With the majority of his $28 M guaranteed money already paid in the first 2 years, it is easily the Chiefs 1st opportunity to get out of his deal cheaply. The $17 M he made in 2009 was all guaranteed and the most of $12 M he makes this year is guaranteed. The 7.5 million option bonus next year isn't guaranteed money.

Now, you are right that after year 3, there is no more guaranteed money at all, but cutting him after year 2, only if necessary, would be a no brainer. His cap hit would be so minimal. Maybe if they like a QB in the 2011 or 2012 draft, that will help to make their decision.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Why the rush to cut him? I don't get it.

He was sacked a million times and we led the league in drops. No QB is going to do well with those kind of problems. Give him time.