Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't see how Cassel is "limited" (he's got better physical, athletic, and mental tools than 90% of the league and works harder than more than 90% of the QBs in the NFL, too)... I think Charlie just wants his own guy, and not the head coach's guy. He has no attachment to Cassel, and Weis is an egomaniac.
I'm going to take issue with the first part of this message. I think mentally he is capable, and he has some tools to work with, but he really isn't that accurate of a thrower, which, if you asked me, is probably top 3 in terms of important attributes to have in a quarterback. His inability to consistently throw the deep ball most definitely means he is a limited quarterback.

Also, there is zero way you or anyone could know whether Cassel works harder than 90% or any percent of the leagues quarterbacks. I'd like that statement stricken from the record, your Honor.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't throw the deep ball at all in this offense. How can you say he's not accurate deep when they don't even throw it deep? It's Weis's style, and it works for winning football games. Get first downs, protect the ball and control the clock. And even to that point, he's completed 60% of his passes beyond 10 yards and had quite a few drops in the first two games.

A lot of being accurate (especially at this level) is timing and getting comfortable. We've seen Cassel be a dominant passer once he settles in and plays with confidence. He just needs to do that every play.

Last edited by nepg : 10-03-2010 at 06:32 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we're all Giants fans today, right?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe the Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the NFL.

This is just weird. Granted, it's only week 4, but still!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Can't believe the Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the NFL.

This is just weird. Granted, it's only week 4, but still!
i hear ya man.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boosh! Just got him to sign a football I bought a few years ago at that fan day that the Chiefs had. Berry and Brian Waters were at Sprint HQ ("The Campus") today signing and stuff. They're both super nice.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omgomgomgomogmogmg fapfapfapffpppfppappfpspfppfpa hi eric
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys. Just wanted some quick fantasy advice.
I have

Peyton Hillis vs ATL
Jahvid Best vs STL
Ray Rice vs DEN
Jamaal Charles vs IND
Thomas Jones vs IND

I currently have
Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis as my starting RB and Jahvid Best at the Flex.

However, it's killing me to see Charles and Jones BOTH on the bench especially when there playing Indianapolis and there awful run d.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's hard to change what you've got starting already.. but I'd put JC in over someone IF IT WERE ME.. because I'm a homer and I have a massive and quite unhealthy mancrush on Jamaal Charles. :D

Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It's hard to change what you've got starting already.. but I'd put JC in over someone IF IT WERE ME.. because I'm a homer and I have a massive and quite unhealthy mancrush on Jamaal Charles. :D
I can't blame ya, the guy reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson, and I would have him as a lock to start if it wasn't for Todd Haley and his unhealthy mancrush on Thomas Jones :)

As of now, I'm leaning towards keeping Charles and Jones on the bench because I just don't know who's going to get more carries. They'll likely be playing catch up vs. the Colts so maybe.... just maybe Charles sees more targets in check downs, swing passes, dump offs etc..

I also haven't totally ruled out sitting Rice. The Ravens have shown commitment to passing and with all these new weapons, Rice will see a lot less targets in the pass game.

sorry to spam up your gameday thread :)
Old 10-06-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My gut says Jones gets more carries but "The" Jamaal pops off at least one long run for a TD.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
hey guys. Just wanted some quick fantasy advice.
I have

Peyton Hillis vs ATL
Jahvid Best vs STL
Ray Rice vs DEN
Jamaal Charles vs IND
Thomas Jones vs IND

I currently have
Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis as my starting RB and Jahvid Best at the Flex.

However, it's killing me to see Charles and Jones BOTH on the bench especially when there playing Indianapolis and there awful run d.
personally, I would switch JC to the Flex and let Best get healthy. Best will start, but they are working Smith into the lineup alot more with Best's bad toe. I too have Best on my Fantasy team and won't play him this week. Even though it's against the Rams, JC has a better matchup IMO.

Then again, I'm a homer as well.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We're all homers around these parts! It's ok!

Old 10-13-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

So this game against Houston should be interesting. The Chiefs are going to have to work on the passing game in preparation because that seems to be the big weakness for the Texans' defense. They have the worst pass defense in the NFL. Bowe and Chambers need to show up this week.

The defense is also going to need to turn in another performance like this past week v. Indy. Somehow I don't think that's a stretch...
Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Nah, it isn't a stretch. One game with a great defensive performance, okay.. two, maybe.. but five straight games with great defensive play? It's not a fluke, it's a trend, and I think it will continue.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So this game against Houston should be interesting. The Chiefs are going to have to work on the passing game in preparation because that seems to be the big weakness for the Texans' defense. They have the worst pass defense in the NFL. Bowe and Chambers need to show up this week.
So does the QB.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, here it is some 26 hours after the loss to Houston. I've had some time to reflect and simmer down. I was quite upset at losing that game. We had them beat for 53 minutes. After reflecting on the game, I realized how heavily I am invested in this team. I am right back in the swing of fandom like I have been for my whole life. I remember, albeit barely, the loss in '90 to Miami. I remember, vividly, the run to the AFC Championship game in '93. The loss in '95 to Jim Harbaugh, the loss in '97 to John Elway and Terrell Davis, the loss in ;03 to Peyton in the No Punters Bowl and I was in attendance at the RCA Dome in 2006 when the Colts beat us. I remember each one of those heartbreaking losses. I remember how it felt as a kid. I cried in '93 when Joe Montana couldn't get a SB ring for us. I am fully invested as a Chiefs fan and I don't have a choice.

When the Chiefs began losing, it was surreal. I had never experienced what it was like to cheer for a team that had no chance of winning every year. I didn't like the feeling at all. I dreaded Sundays because I knew I was going to watch and it wasn't going to be pretty, but I watched anyway. When I would take buddies from out of town to the game, I would have to tell them, "This isn't what Arrowhead is really like." and then proceed to tell them about the glory days of yesteryear. But I went and watched because I am fully invested as a Chiefs fan and I don't have a choice.

In the last few years, the loses have become hard to cope with, I was becoming numb to losing. It was expected and it happened. I still yelled and screamed, but as the loses piled up, I became less and less upset. Finally, after last year, I quit yelling. I cheered at the good moments (that's hard to make plural), but it didn't hurt like it used to when we lost.

Now, after a hard loss to the Texans, I am fully reinvested as a Chiefs fan. This loss burned me. I was really upset that we let this game slip through our fingers. It feels like it always should have. Thank you Pioli, Haley, Crennel, Weis and the players for making loses hurt again. I hope you never let it get as bad as it was before you came to KC. I am a Chiefs fan and I am fully invested!

Just another Rabid Chiefs Fan!!!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs should of put away Houston early on, but they didn't. The Texans offense eventually woke up and honestly, they are currently the hardest offense in the league to stop when they are firing on all cylinders.

These last two weeks have shown the Chiefs have made progress, but still have a lot more to make if they want to be contenders.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

King Carl, that was beautifully written. I read it twice and had to share it, so I sent it to my mom and a few other rabid Chiefs fans just like us.

And you're right. When losing stops being painful, something is wrong, and that loss DID hurt. It really did.

Just beautifully written. Can't say that enough. +rep forever for that.

Last edited by vidae : 10-18-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Vidae said.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Agreed. I think we all could share similar stories or remember where we where and how we felt on the moments discussed. I too got the feeling this week like I was punched in the gut. It's been a while since I've been this emotionally invested and hopefully that won't change again for a long time.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You never stopped being emotionally invested otherwise the losing years wouldn't have stung so bad. You would have looked at it like most of KC looks at the Royals, with an apathetic meh.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HELLO Chiefs fans. I'm participating in the forum mock as the Chiefs GM. I would like to know if Buff's Lee Evans for your 3rd would be a good trade. He's been great since he was drafted by Buffalo and he hasn't had under a 600 yard season since he was drafted. Imo, it's pretty impressive considering what he's had to throw to him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

He doesn't really fit a a role in the offense. 3rd is a high price to pay for him as well considering his injury history and lack of consistent production. Inconsistency which is a big problem with the receivers the Chiefs already have.