Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-22-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason he's inconsistent is cause he doesn't have anyone to throw to him. Also there have been 2(3?) coaching changes since he was drafted. And not to mention there hasn't been a consistent QB since he was drafted. Injuries are a concern, but even if he's injury prone, he's still managed to put up numbers.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Evans, and your point is valid. But another factor in his inconsistent production is that he's fairly one-dimensional as a receiver. And, unfortunately, the Chiefs don't utilize his specialization (go ******* deep!) in their offense very often.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I like Lee Evans, but a third is a high price to pay for a WR and I wouldn't see it as being realistic. Our regime appears to want to stockpile picks rather than deal them. I agree that Evans has suffered in Buffalo, but I still think he would fall into the 2nd tier of receivers and would probably garner a 4th or 5th at best this offseason.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I like Lee Evans, but a third is a high price to pay for a WR and I wouldn't see it as being realistic. Our regime appears to want to stockpile picks rather than deal them. I agree that Evans has suffered in Buffalo, but I still think he would fall into the 2nd tier of receivers and would probably garner a 4th or 5th at best this offseason.
^^^^what he said^^^^
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1...ches-last-week

So, this isn't good. #3 overall pick is a healthy scratch in his 2nd year. With the trade to Tampa, it looks as though the Chiefs are distancing themselves from the '09 draft. Only Ryan Succop has produced from that draft class. I believe that Pioli retained the previous regimes scouts for that draft and promptly fired them after the draft was over. If I have my facts right, he would count the '10 draft as his first as a Chief.

This also brings up the issue of where are we at with Tyson Jackson? He was very underwhelming in his 1st season, but I think that is to be expected with a position change and NFL offensive lineman. He had a decent 1st game to this season, but got injured and now it comes out that he was healthy enough to play. The Chiefs would rather have Toribio as depth against the Texans and sign a guy like Ellison for the foreseeable future. I just don't know. I know it's really early to lable a player a bust, but this looks like the team is doing it rather than the fans. You can't miss on a guy at #3 overall. Especially one that you reached for and almost everyone saw as nowhere near a Top 10 guy.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, the Chiefs GM in the forum mock has about half an hour to make a pick or we make it for him.

Anyone here have a suggestion as to who to give him? You can go check out how the draft has gone so far...it's in a subforum of the Fantasy section.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Akeem Ayers.

Last edited by nepg : 10-23-2010 at 07:38 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the empty seats I have been seeing at our last two home games.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't like the empty seats I have been seeing at our last two home games.
I haven't seen a lot of them. Maybe you were watching when people were grabbing food and stuff? People always stream in late.. it's kind of annoying.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one really worried about this game vs the Bills? We ARE at home, but Fitzpatrick has been playing REALLY well lately. And our secondary hasn't been the best..

I am much more worried about this one than I was of the Jags game.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be shocked at all if the Bills beat us like you said Fitzpatrick has been playing well and they are bound to win a game.

The Chiefs on paper should beat them with out much trouble but they don't play the games on paper.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I think we are all worried. This is the perfect "letdown" game for the Chiefs of years past. This will be a great measuring stick for Haley and how well he has these guys prepared. I can guarantee you that Haley isn't taking the Bills lightly and none of the Chiefs should. They have the capability to come into KC and win. They gave Baltimore everything they could handle.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs sign veteran LB Simoneau
Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I think we are all worried. This is the perfect "letdown" game for the Chiefs of years past. This will be a great measuring stick for Haley and how well he has these guys prepared. I can guarantee you that Haley isn't taking the Bills lightly and none of the Chiefs should. They have the capability to come into KC and win. They gave Baltimore everything they could handle.
Yea, Fitzpatrick is like Tyler Thigpen part two. They have two legit WR threats. We have two divisional games after this so this would be a perfect "letdown" game.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Report: Dexter McCluster has high ankle sprain

I'm a sad panda...
Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, that isn't good.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am officially a Chief fan until Brad Childress is gone, if you guys will have me.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the Chiefs Kingdom my friend
Old 11-01-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I am officially a Chief fan until Brad Childress is gone, if you guys will have me.
You're more than welcome here Prock!

Old 11-01-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I'm just sorry we can't keep you longer. I doubt Chilly makes it through the season. Especially with an interim coach sitting on the sidelines already.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Ya more fans..
Old 11-02-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No discussion regarding your biggest game of the season in the Black Hole? You must be dreading a loss already...

;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
No discussion regarding your biggest game of the season in the Black Hole? You must be dreading a loss already...

;)
Why discuss a bye week?
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Why discuss a bye week?
Hahaha, ziiiiing!

I suppose I could put up the Raider discussion post though!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why discuss a bye week?
That's the attitude I want you guys to have. It'll make a loss sting 10x worse when you come away empty-handed. We're not known to be friendly fellows, so if your team happens to be the next [blow-out] victim, you'd be lucky to make it out of there alive. The experience can be very upsetting.

I've now given y'all a full warning in advance.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote