Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-03-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our running game is going to be nasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuDjk...eature=related
Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Justin Houston is my least favorite player...
Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Our running game is going to be nasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuDjk...eature=related
i eventually would like to see the Chiefs move McClain into TJs spot as the power RB and let see Bannon can develop into the FB
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas Jones isn't on the roster come Week 1, honestly.

And about JHou, cut him some slack Splat. His agent wanted to him wait until the league year started.. I haven't read a single report that says it was his idea or it was for money.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wondering if Zeke Markhausen has done anything to impress during camp?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas Jones isn't on the roster come Week 1, honestly.

And about JHou, cut him some slack Splat. His agent wanted to him wait until the league year started.. I haven't read a single report that says it was his idea or it was for money.
The agent works for the player and they players seem to forget that sometimes. If he wanted to be in camp he could have told his agent so.

It's over and down with and I have moved on but a rookie holding out for any reason never sits well with me.

And I would be down right shocked if Jones was cut.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong Carr has stepped up his game and I want to keep him but if it comes down to Carr or Flowers I'm taking Flowers every day of the week.
I saw a stat on a fantasy site. Carr and Flowers were both top 10 in number of times their WR was targeted. We ranked top 5 in the league against WR1, but second half against WR2. That tells me that Flowers is a stud and Carr has a ways to go.

That being said, we started two rookie safeties and a rookie nickel last season. The secondary is looking pretty good, especially if they get Carr.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Wondering if Zeke Markhausen has done anything to impress during camp?
i haven't heard the kids name yet, but that doesn't mean the coaches aren't seeing anything.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I saw a stat on a fantasy site. Carr and Flowers were both top 10 in number of times their WR was targeted. We ranked top 5 in the league against WR1, but second half against WR2. That tells me that Flowers is a stud and Carr has a ways to go.

That being said, we started two rookie safeties and a rookie nickel last season. The secondary is looking pretty good, especially if they get Carr.

J
No. It actually doesn't mean jack ****. You have to dig much deeper into those numbers because Carr and Flowers play on the same side no matter what receiver is over there.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Don't get me wrong I love me some Dexter but I'm not really seeing where he fits in our O?

At WR he is at best 4th and at RB 3rd on the depth chart maybe 4th if you count McClain.

I know the Chiefs have said McClain is a FB but I'm pretty sure he is still going to get some touches.

Outside of KR/PR and a reverse/screen game here and there I don't expect much out of Dexter this year.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new options allow them to do what they're supposed to so with Dexter.

He's a utility back. They will get him the ball in space, and he'll make things happen. The biggest issues on offense last year was the inability to convert 3rd & short situations. They should be one of the better teams in the NFL at that this year.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The new options allow them to do what they're supposed to so with Dexter.

He's a utility back. They will get him the ball in space, and he'll make things happen. The biggest issues on offense last year was the inability to convert 3rd & short situations. They should be one of the better teams in the NFL at that this year.
I hope so. It seemed to be more of an offensive line problem than lack of a fullback. If we can increase 3rd and 4th down conversion rates this year I think the sky is the limit for this club. I hope McClain is the missing piece.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I hope so. It seemed to be more of an offensive line problem than lack of a fullback. If we can increase 3rd and 4th down conversion rates this year I think the sky is the limit for this club. I hope McClain is the missing piece.
It was a lack of options (and often HORRIBLE playcalling) problem. The OL is fine.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OL was pretty good last year, but only that, not "good" or "very good". Oddly the three positions the played best last year, should all be different this year: LG, C, RG.

I say C, since I expect Hudson to take over at some point this year. Albert is solid, and BRisch is at least half of a very good RT. Lilja is going back to his old position of LG, and Asamoah moves into his natural position at RG. This will help the run blocking, and will not hurt the pass blocking.

Asamoah and Richardson are a nasty pair on the right edge, especially if Lilja pulls. More to the point, of 3rd down conversions, Asamoah is easily the best drive blocker on the team. So, running right in short yardage has real promise this year, even with our small RB. Add a moose like LMack, and it looks to be a good setup. Plus McLain is a dangerous receiver in the flat.

J
Old 08-08-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

It was mostly a combination of bad play calling, lack of options, and thomas jones falling down on first contact last year. The OL failed them on a few occasions, but did enough for the most part. The ol will buch improved just from the core group having another tartar of experience together and another year of maturity for the younger guys.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:55 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It was mostly a combination of bad play calling, lack of options, and thomas jones falling down on first contact last year. The OL failed them on a few occasions, but did enough for the most part. The ol will buch improved just from the core group having another tartar of experience together and another year of maturity for the younger guys.
Did they get fish sticks with that?

I am not sure this qualifies as another year for the core group. Waters is gone, Lilja has moved, Weigmann is walking the rope. It could be a lot worse. Albert is settled in. Lilja is an experienced LG, and that was in an elite pass blocking unit. Richardson and Asamoah will certainly benefit from more snaps.

J
Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

LOL. Just started using swipe on my phone when I made that post.

They have 4 of the 5 starters back from last year, and the 5th guy was on the team and played quite a bit. Albert and Richardson are regulars from two years ago (when the interior line was flat-out garbage). Continuity is soooo underrated. It's a key factor to having a successful offensive line that you can maintain over the years. Turnover along the OL isn't a good thing, and Pioli is a strong believer in that.

This is one of the best-done jobs by Pioli. That OL is setup for long-term success and they have very talented youngish players to make that happen. The only big change that's going to happen at the top of the depth chart is Rodney Hudson will eventually take over at C. Pioli no longer has to worry about using anything but 6th & 7th round picks and sign UDFAs to bring in high-upside, smart lineman who are great system fits.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It has begun...

Quote:
Thomas Jones is listed ahead of Jamaal Charles on the Chiefs' initial depth chart.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's night and day compared to what Carl Peterson used to do, which was not replace the OL spots when someone would retire or be let go. I'll take this approach every day of the week.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
It has begun...
Don't look into that at all. Jerheme Urban is listed opposite Bowe too. It won't last.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Part of that is Haley just showing how absurd submitting depth charts is. It's like how Belichick used to list Tom Brady as questionable every week on the injury report.

I think it's painful to see how stupid radio people and fans are who complain about it... It just shows the level the average person is operating at...and it's depressing.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
It has begun...
Jones is playing for a roster spot. JC's is pretty secure.

J
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Jones is playing for a roster spot. JC's is pretty secure.

J
That's funny.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's true. He was solid last year, but nothing spectacular. Honestly, the McClain signing makes Jones very, very expendable in this offense.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

No it doesn't. McClain is a FB and people seem to be forgetting that. McClain's main job is going to be clearing a path for Charles and Jones.

McClain will get some touches short yardage and goal line stuff I'm sure but not enough to warrant cutting Jones.

Jones's leadership alone is worth keeping him around.

Quote:
"I'm a fullback, and I'm here to win. Two things. Just two things: Getting Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones 1,000 (yards) apiece, that's what I'm here to do. Blocking linebackers, picking up linebackers, keeping them off Cassel, anything I can do to help the team win." Le'Ron McClain
Quote:
"I think he's a big, physical fullback, who's obviously in the past has shown really good run ability in the year when he had a chance to carry the ball when they had an injury," Haley said at Thursday's press conference, via KCChiefs.com. "With that being said, he's very clear, we're very clear, he's coming in to be our fullback, first and foremost." Todd Haley

Last edited by Splat : 08-10-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote