Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-03-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It's being reported that Tony Moeaki is going to be placed on IR with a torn ACL, probably ending his year. Ugh. **** **** **** ****. Not good news today.
That sucks! I just can't believe Haley choose to play his starters that long in a meaningless game.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me either...
Old 09-03-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other coaches chose to play their starters in a different meaningless game. Which preseason game starters play in doesn't matter in the slightest, so I don't get why people are so up in arms.

I'm not mad at Haley, but it still sucks that Mo is hurt. That definitely hurts our offense.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Other coaches chose to play their starters in a different meaningless game. Which preseason game starters play in doesn't matter in the slightest, so I don't get why people are so up in arms.

I'm not mad at Haley, but it still sucks that Mo is hurt. That definitely hurts our offense.
Lol not for 4 quarters.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of our starters didn't play for 4 quarters, just the ones they felt needed more work.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying it's a false report but I have yet to see it be reported by anyone I would trust with this kinda of news.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I was about to say the same thing.. it was reported by someone in Iowa but no one has come out and corroborated it.. pft, anyone.

Really hoping it isn't true.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs waived FB Shane Bannon, S Reshad Langford, TE Charlie Gantt, LB Pierre Walters, LB Michah Johnson, OT Chris Harr, and OL Mike Ingersoll.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No real surprises there.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I was about to say the same thing.. it was reported by someone in Iowa but no one has come out and corroborated it.. pft, anyone.

Really hoping it isn't true.
@ProFootballTalk

Chiefs put TE Tony Moeaki on injured reserve. He's done for the year.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

NT Harold Ayodele, FB Shane Bannon, LB Justin Cole, FB Mike Cox, DT Dion Gales, TE Charlie Gantt, OT Bobby Greenwood, G Chris Harr, G Darryl Harris, WR Jeremy Horne, OT Mike Ingersoll, LB Micah Johnson, LB Amara Kamara, S Reshard Langford, WR Quinten Lawrence, OT Butch Lewis, WR Zeke Markshausen, OT David Mims, G Lucas Patterson, S Ricky Price, TE Cody Slate, NT Anthony Toribio, WR Verran Tucker, LB Pierre Walters and CB Demond Washington.

Really surprised by Tucker and Toribio.. and I guess Mims.. plus we got rid of two TEs after Moeaki goes to IR? Weird.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NT Harold Ayodele, FB Shane Bannon, LB Justin Cole, FB Mike Cox, DT Dion Gales, TE Charlie Gantt, OT Bobby Greenwood, G Chris Harr, G Darryl Harris, WR Jeremy Horne, OT Mike Ingersoll, LB Micah Johnson, LB Amara Kamara, S Reshard Langford, WR Quinten Lawrence, OT Butch Lewis, WR Zeke Markshausen, OT David Mims, G Lucas Patterson, S Ricky Price, TE Cody Slate, NT Anthony Toribio, WR Verran Tucker, LB Pierre Walters and CB Demond Washington.

Really surprised by Tucker and Toribio.. and I guess Mims.. plus we got rid of two TEs after Moeaki goes to IR? Weird.
Moeaki going down allowed both Becht and O'Connell to make the team. That makes 3 with Pope.

No one the Chiefs cut is a surprise because their depth flat-out sucks. Tucker got cut because he doesn't play a significant role on special teams whereas Copper does. They seem to be overcutting to make room for some free agents. Which is what I figured they would do.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Pope will be the starting TE?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
So Pope will be the starting TE?
I don't know, but if I were a betting man I'd say yes.

Also, in related news, the Bears signed Merriweather, so our safety depth still sucks massive balls. Missing out on both Sanders and Merriweather sucks.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs announce practice squad

Shane Bannon, FB

Justin Cole, LB

Darryl Harris, G

Jeremy Horne, WR

Quinten Lawrence, DB

Butch Lewis, OL

David Mims, OL

Anthony Toribio, DT
Old 09-04-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cassel reportedly has a cracked rib. Great.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cassel reportedly has a cracked rib. Great.
Is Falco your replacement or is it Richard Stanzi?
Old 09-04-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing the Chiefs are playing the Bills.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

This is what happens when you try to play a rookie C at G.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cassel can play with a cracked rib, I just don't want him to have to, lol.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Is Falco your replacement or is it Richard Stanzi?
Palko.

If I had any money to put on it, I'd bet everything that Cassel starts.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Palko.

If I had any money to put on it, I'd bet everything that Cassel starts.
I would too. He's a tough guy.. he'll start.

What I don't get is, why do people still hate Cassel so much? He's not Peyton Manning, but he's a solid to good QB. I get why people would want Andrew Luck, but come on, the Cassel hate is getting out of control.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Unless you are talking about non Chiefs fans I haven't seen to much Cassel hate around these parts lately.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was talking about Chiefs fans, but mostly over at AHP. They give him crap no matter what he does.. it's really lame.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I was talking about Chiefs fans, but mostly over at AHP. They give him crap no matter what he does.. it's really lame.
Those people and the people who call in to the radio shows are idiots anyway.

It's like they have the memory of a goldfish.

Cassel might hold on to the ball a little too long (his only real flaw), but if he has more than one guy to throw to, he's as good as any QB in the NFL. He takes care of the ball, is tough, and can run.

The guy has won 10 games in a season twice in his three years as a starter. Talk about New England's offense all you want, but they really didn't have much more than what KC has. KC's OL is a lot better than what they had in NE that year, Bowe is on par with what Moss was that year, and pretty much every other team in the NFL has two more receivers... That's the one thing that was missing last year and hopefully that's fixed this year as Cassel develops chemistry with Breaston, Urban, and Baldwin.

This team's starters, across the board, are as good as anything else around the league. They get in trouble when you get deep in the bench.

Last edited by nepg : 09-05-2011 at 11:16 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote