Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-20-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It means they won't overpay Carr. I'm sure they'll still offer him a contract to stay in KC, but he will definitely not be getting #1 CB money. As much as I love him, he isn't worth that.
I don't know about Carr not getting #1 CB money.Dallas needs CB help and you know Jerry ain't scared to overpay
Old 02-20-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't be getting #1 CB money in KC. He'll DEFINITELY get it somewhere else, but he isn't worth it and they'll realize it after the ink is dry.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He won't be getting #1 CB money in KC. He'll DEFINITELY get it somewhere else, but he isn't worth it and they'll realize it after the ink is dry.
agreed.the contract we got Routt for is a good deal for a #2 CB.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a GREAT deal for a #2 CB in this market, which is why I'm not too upset about this whole thing.

Will it suck to lose Carr? Absolutely. But Routt will become a better football player with Romeo Crennel and Emmitt Thomas coaching him up. I still don't see CB or DB in general as a weakness on this team.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It means they won't overpay Carr. I'm sure they'll still offer him a contract to stay in KC, but he will definitely not be getting #1 CB money. As much as I love him, he isn't worth that.
Doubt they make a serious off otherwise they would be paying the nickel 4 million.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Three QBs threw for over 5,000 yards last year. This is a passing league. Having three talented corners is never going to be a bad thing.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Three QBs threw for over 5,000 yards last year. This is a passing league. Having three talented corners is never going to be a bad thing.
Hope that is the case rather than penny pinching.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If we don't sign Carr we're not pennypinching though. We just spent some money on a solid FA. I'd rather Carr walk than pay him $10-$12m a year. I hate overpaying more than saving your money, because it makes it harder to sign your own guys in the future.

Carr has a set value on the market but he isn't worth it. If he doesn't want to re-sign with KC that is his choice, but I don't want to overpay for him either.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Quote:
If we don't sign Carr we're not pennypinching though. We just spent some money on a solid FA. I'd rather Carr walk than pay him $10-$12m a year. I hate overpaying more than saving your money, because it makes it harder to sign your own guys in the future.

Carr has a set value on the market but he isn't worth it. If he doesn't want to re-sign with KC that is his choice, but I don't want to overpay for him either.
Hope the real goal is not to have the 2nd lowest payroll in the league again.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
Hope that is the case rather than penny pinching.
Listen I like Carr every Chiefs fan does.But if he's asking for as much if not more then Flowers I say you shake his hand and wish him luck
Old 02-20-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Listen I like Carr every Chiefs fan does.But if he's asking for as much if not more then Flowers I say you shake his hand and wish him luck
Pretty much this.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a GREAT deal for a #2 CB in this market, which is why I'm not too upset about this whole thing.

Will it suck to lose Carr? Absolutely. But Routt will become a better football player with Romeo Crennel and Emmitt Thomas coaching him up. I still don't see CB or DB in general as a weakness on this team.
I think the signing probably spells the end of Carr in KC. And it was a great move for the Chiefs to recognize that they weren't going to be able to make it happen with him, and find a replacement so quickly.

The off-season has gotten off to a great start. I hope they keep filling needs with good free agents so they can focus on getting the best players possible in the draft rather than worrying about needing someone at a specific position.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:26 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm annoyed they are letting Carr walk, but at least they were proactive about getting a replacement.

I will be a lot less annoyed if they go out and sign someone like Solali.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The teams that beat the passing teams were ones that could get to the QB. Pass rush is the most important aspect of defense. Chiefs really will need Houston to step up opposite Tamba next year.

That said, I like the Routt signing, but I'd prefer to keep Carr. He's younger and a better player and I like the 5 deep of Flowers-Carr-Routt-Arenas-Brown.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Pioli said today that they want to keep Carr and they're still working on a deal to keep him in KC. That doesn't mean they're going to REACH a deal, but at least it isn't a foregone conclusion that Carr is going to walk.

As far as free agents, I'd love to take a long look at Soliai as well, but we should concentrate on Grubbs or Nicks to replace Lilja at LG. If we replace Lilja, and draft someone like Mike Adams, our line goes from weakness to strength in one offseason.

Albert - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Adams
Adams - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Albert

I'd be super happy with that line going forward.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pioli said today that they want to keep Carr and they're still working on a deal to keep him in KC. That doesn't mean they're going to REACH a deal, but at least it isn't a foregone conclusion that Carr is going to walk.

As far as free agents, I'd love to take a long look at Soliai as well, but we should concentrate on Grubbs or Nicks to replace Lilja at LG. If we replace Lilja, and draft someone like Mike Adams, our line goes from weakness to strength in one offseason.

Albert - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Adams
Adams - Nicks/Grubbs - Hudson - Asamoah - Albert
You can cross Nicks off your list. They would never give him anything near that much.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
Carl Nicks told SiriusXM NFL Radio Tuesday that he's seeking a deal worth more than RG Jahri Evans' seven-year, $56.7 million contract.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Pioli spoke in length about how the offensive line has to get better. Nicks is the best Guard in football. I don't think it's too out there to think he might be a target of ours.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mike Cox might be back in KC.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Only if McClain leaves, and I'm not sure what he's doing.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

Thoughts?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you are a *****
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
you are a *****
You love me and you know it ************.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My first thought is to dismiss it as Bob Fescoe is a joke, but I'm sure they are discussing about Peyton. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but why the hell not?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I so want this to happen (although I know how "credible" Fescoe is) Manning, Bowe, Charles, Moeaki, Breaston and Baldwin is a SCARY dynamic.I'd ever put it ahead of the prolific offenses we had under Vermiel and Saunders
Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Daboll seems to be the kind of OC that will be able to tailor his offense to Manning too, if this were to happen.