Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-16-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Winston is still in KC makes me optimistic that they are close to working out the details of a contract. Patience.

From RotoWorld, "the Rams are "out of the mix" for free agent RT Eric Winston, according to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports."
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a team falling out this late in the race is great news. It means the Chiefs offer was to good to match or the time spent wooing Eric could cost them other FAs. I like Piolis dedication here, but if it doesnt get done, we are SOL with the other RT FAs. It will be hard to sell anyone on them being our fav choice. Nobody wants to be second fiddle.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as you guys, but I don't know. I'm still worried.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm trying to be as optimistic as you guys, but I don't know. I'm still worried.
I understand the worry.but IMO a guy does'nt stay in town for 3 days if something is not being hammered out.see Mario Williams and Buffalo
Old 03-16-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I suppose you guys are right. I just want it to be done and over with already.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm actually pissed he has been in KC for so long, pretty much eliminates my G-Men from signing him. But it will be a good signing for you guys to protect Tannehill

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Yea I'm actually pissed he has been in KC for so long, pretty much eliminates my G-Men from signing him. But it will be a good signing for you guys to protect Tannehill ;)
Bring it in for the real thing.

*bearhugs*

Old 03-16-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bring it in for the real thing.

*bearhugs*
I just wish you guys had kept Orton over Cassell to groom Tannehill, but either way he can become a franchise QB and you guys will surround him with weapons to make it easy on him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I suppose you guys are right. I just want it to be done and over with already.
I'm with you hey until an announcement is made we signed him nothing's done.that's just me reading between the lines
Old 03-17-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still no news??? WTF, now i'm getting nervous. he won't stay here forever w/o signing a contract.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
still no news??? WTF, now i'm getting nervous. he won't stay here forever w/o signing a contract.
Quote:
#Chiefs: Not much new on Eric Winston. He is still in KC and may remain there all weekend. He wants to get a deal done
HE doesn't want to leave.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He is no longer going to Baltimore. Come on, just get this done already.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

thats great news. who is that tweet by? i wonder if its his health that is the issue. i know he is only a couple weeks away from passing a physical. i'll bet his contract with a physical is different than one w/o a physical.

btw, just FYI Mr. Winston, KC is a pretty good place to spend St Patricks Day anyway.

nepg, earlier you referred to Bears BBQ. is that the place in the strip mall by Side Pockets on Englewood and Broadway?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is no longer going to Baltimore. Come on, just get this done already.
I am almost 100% certain Eric Winston has already decided he's staying in Kansas City. It's all about the agent playing the contract game with Pioli at this point. They've got to be very close or they wouldn't even be talking.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
nepg, earlier you referred to Bears BBQ. is that the place in the strip mall by Side Pockets on Englewood and Broadway?
That's the place. Haven't been there in awhile as I've been living in Midtown for the past 6 months and the only reason I ever have to go north of the river these days is to go play poker at a friend's house.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to move to KC, maybe if I tell Winston I want to move there that will seal the deal.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

its wierd how this 1 signing changes the whole complexion of this Chiefs team. RT is such a huge void that it has to be addressed. Eric's fit into our system is perfect. he plays at a very high level. he has plenty of "prime years" left. by not signing him, our draft strategy becomes "find a RT ASAP". by signing him our strategy becomes "just draft the best player available". RT is to important of a position for this team not to sign Eric Winston.

sorry. all this **** has been regurgitated a million times on these boards already. i guess i'm just trying to convince myself that the Chiefs have to get this deal done. there is no way they are dumb enough to let this guy walk out the doors. especially this late in the game. he's been here for 2 days and maybe plans on staying longer. this isn't the time to take a hardline (by either party) and they sould just get it done.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I want to move to KC, maybe if I tell Winston I want to move there that will seal the deal.
If you tell him that it'll seal the deal that he leaves KC without a contract! SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Quote:
its wierd how this 1 signing changes the whole complexion of this Chiefs team. RT is such a huge void that it has to be addressed. Eric's fit into our system is perfect. he plays at a very high level. he has plenty of "prime years" left. by not signing him, our draft strategy becomes "find a RT ASAP". by signing him our strategy becomes "just draft the best player available". RT is to important of a position for this team not to sign Eric Winston.

sorry. all this **** has been regurgitated a million times on these boards already. i guess i'm just trying to convince myself that the Chiefs have to get this deal done. there is no way they are dumb enough to let this guy walk out the doors. especially this late in the game. he's been here for 2 days and maybe plans on staying longer. this isn't the time to take a hardline (by either party) and they sould just get it done.
I agree with everything you said.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That's the place. Haven't been there in awhile as I've been living in Midtown for the past 6 months and the only reason I ever have to go north of the river these days is to go play poker at a friend's house.
that place is pretty good. i live right down the street from it. their spicy bbq sauce is fantastic. i buy it by the jug and use it my ribs and tenderloin when i smoke meat. i almost never leave North of the river unless i have a job somewhere else. i actually just finished installing the glass on the KU Med expansion. thats kinda close to midtown, right? i get all the downtown, midtown, uptown stuff confused. it makes sense for manhattan because downtown is the southern tip of Manhattan on a map. here for some reason downtown is above midtown on a map

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
this is dedication on part. #1 to move here with no thought of your own possible struggles and for the greater good of the Chiefs. #2 because you root for the Chiefs w/o already living here. you could be a fan of any winning team out there and you stick by the Chiefs. +rep as soon as it allows me to
Old 03-17-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, I live in the 39th Street neighborhood (few blocks from KU Med).
Old 03-17-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been dying to go t KC sometime. I've never been. I became a KC fan when LJ first went there (ok, that's a lie, I really liked the Priest Holmes era), continued for Tamba, now am stuck on the Chiefs.

I desperately want Winston to sign.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

ughhh I am now starting to echo vidae's sense os worry.3 days in KC and still no deal?
Old 03-17-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I dunno what to think anymore. :|

Old 03-17-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

@BillMaas Chiefs will sign Winston and Quinn.Quinn is in town today.

not sure if he has sources or just a guess.while not a fn of Quinn.I'd feel better about him as backup as opposed to the backup last year
Old 03-17-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bill Maas is usually pretty tuned in to Arrowhead/the Chiefs, at least for someone who is on 610, so I'd take this as good news.

As for Brady Quinn, he'd likely be the #3 behind Cassel and Stanzi, and that's ok with me. Anyone is better than Tyler Palko.