Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

Which player on your team (should be a relative unknown to the general public) do you think is poised to break out for next year?

For the 49ers, i'll go with WR Josh Morgan

2008 stats- 20 catches, 319 yards, 3 TDs, 16 YPC

http://www.nfl.com/players/joshmorga...e?id=MOR166910

Morgan was a 6th round pick from 2008. He turned a lot of heads in camp and preseason. He impressed so much that he was expected to be a starting receiver from week one. Unfortunately, his progress was impeded by a staph infection that slowed him down for a few weeks in the beginning of the season, as well as Bryant Johnsons solid play. But Morgan slowly went up the depth chart again and his breakout performance was against the Giants, catching 5 passes for 68 yards and a TD. He continued to show more flashes of brilliance as the season progressed but was hampered by injuries as well, missing 4 games in the 2nd half of the season. His highlight of the season- catching a 46 yard hail mary TD with 3 defenders around him against the rams. He took a nice lick at the end of the play too but still held onto the ball. His play has sold me on his ability and i think he can be a legit receiver.

Barring injury, he is expected to be the starting Split End next year. He has a nice combination of size and speed (6-0 219, 4.4 40), good route running, and a nice knack for getting open deep. He seems to be the type that isnt great at anything but is good at everything. He'll likely be the 49ers #1 by default and i expect good things from him in his 2nd year in the pros.

Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is a tough one to be honest because most of our returning staters have had what you would call there break out season but i would go with someone on the defensive line, erm jason jones most likely
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miles Austin - 62 catches, 1045 yards, 7 TD's

He's still a relative unknown, but chalk me up as a believer, I'd be surprised if he didn't have a really good season next year, so yes I expect these numbers, he's ready to breakout.

On a side note I see Morgan blowing up next year, 1100 yards, 10 TD's, he's a stud and I expect him to show up on the scene in a big way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone who will excel in the new defensive scheme. Prime candidates are Jarvis Moss and Dummervil.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Chiefs I would say WR Mark Bradley he was pretty much a 2nd round bust for Da Bears but we picked him up mid season and he really flashed at times.

If he can stay on the field which has been the knock on him I look for him to make plays in what should be a pass heavy offense.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dustin Keller or Vernon Gholston.

Or Jerricho Cotchery, who'll be huge for our young QB whoever that may be.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glen Dorsey will be an All Pro
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Someone who will excel in the new defensive scheme. Prime candidates are Jarvis Moss and Dummervil.
Jarvis "The Cockblocker" Moss? I thought he busted? Great to see he could be a breakout candidate.

For Baltimore, I'll say none other than the Scarlet Knight legend, Ray Rice!
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sabby piscitelli

even if he's the backup safety i dont care he's the best

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Miles Austin - 62 catches, 1045 yards, 7 TD's

He's still a relative unknown, but chalk me up as a believer, I'd be surprised if he didn't have a really good season next year, so yes I expect these numbers, he's ready to breakout.

On a side note I see Morgan blowing up next year, 1100 yards, 10 TD's, he's a stud and I expect him to show up on the scene in a big way.
I totally agree about Miles Austin, I also look for Bennett to explode, he flashed greatness in the passing game at times.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT Brandon Mebane

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Leon Washington has a shot to legit break out with more consistent touches I think (hope) he gets this year. I know he's a stud but he can put up way better numbers if used properly.

As someone said Keller could take the next step as well and Gholston in Ryan's scheme could be interesting. Hopefully he redeems himself next year.

As a dark horse if David Clowney gets an opportunity depending on our QB situation he could really put some pressure on defenses and put up some nice numbers. Stuckey as well but he's more of an underneath guy.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Jarvis "The Cockblocker" Moss? I thought he busted? Great to see he could be a breakout candidate.

For Baltimore, I'll say none other than the Scarlet Knight legend, Ray Rice!
It's only been like 2 years, and he spent a lot of time injured. I figured since he is undersized, and he might fit better in a 3-4.

Why exactly is he Jarvis "cockblocker" Moss?

woo hoo!! mini 500 post party!

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Vikings I'd either have to go with our second round draft pick from 08 Tyrell Johnson or Visanthe Shiancoe(though Shiancoe really started to break through in the second half of last year, I just think he puts it all together for the entire year).

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Ratliff!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
It's only been like 2 years, and he spent a lot of time injured. I figured since he is undersized, and he might fit better in a 3-4.

Why exactly is he Jarvis "cockblocker" Moss?

woo hoo!! mini 500 post party!
He blocked three kicks against USCe in the 2006 NC season, basically saved our ass. Main one was the game winning attempt which famously went down in Gator lore as the "cockblock"
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Franklin I expect to step up this year
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Ahmad Bradshaw stepping in for Ward as the number 2 RB, Kiwi playing DE from the get go and Kenny P just being a beast.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Chinedum Ndukwe.

He's involved in every play. Definitely can become a big time playmaker.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope and think it will be Gaines Adams.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'll go with Chinedum Ndukwe.

He's involved in every play. Definitely can become a big time playmaker.
Definitely depends on who they draft too, IMO. Could be Anthony Collins if he gets an opportunity at tackle, Rivers if he gets a full year in... Chinny's awesome though. Any idea on Brandon Johnson (I think that's who I'm thinking of, if not I assume you or any other Bengals fan will know which LB I'm talking about) and what kind of role he'll play?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Lions, I'll put my money on Cliff Avril. Put up 5 Sacks and 4 Forced Fumbles in his rookie year.. 4 of those sacks came in the last 6 weeks of the year.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

If he heals in time, Mike Hart. If not, I'll say Eric Foster, especially if the Colts can find a solid NT.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is crazy but i cant think of one redskin
Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leroy Hill will finally get the respect he deserves this year.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote