Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Smith of the Lions.

Att Yds Avg lng TD
238 976 4.1 50 8

Last edited by BRAVEHEART : 03-17-2009 at 10:40 PM.
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Leroy Hill will finally get the respect he deserves this year.
He would've had he come to the giants like I wanted :p
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'll go with Chinedum Ndukwe.

He's involved in every play. Definitely can become a big time playmaker.

I thik marvin white has a breakout year. he is awesome!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Merriweather.

I think he'll be a beast. Especially if the Pats fix up there pass rush via draft or trade (Peppers?)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like William G.ay. He's probably starting and I think he'll be great this year.

Lawrence Timmons and Mendy should be good this year to. I could see Timmons going to the pro bowl.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Ravens, my guess would be:

LB Jameel McClain
Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
For the Ravens, my guess would be:

LB Jameel McClain
Gotta agree with this one. McClain looked really good late in the season when he got his opportunities. Definitely a disruptive force off the edge.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also agree with the Miles Austin picks.... dudes a beast, or I think he def could be

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Jerome Harrison for the Browns. Every single time he has gotten the ball he looks like he is about to break a long one. Absolute natural runner.

Last year he had 34 attempts for 246 yards and 12 receptions for 116 yards. Every game he would get like two plays and Romeo would pull him out, even if it was obvious he was the only running back producing. It was criminal.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McFadden if he stays healthy, Huff is he decides to try and tackle someone

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gary Guyton. Depending on what we do in the draft I could see him starting and doing quite well in that role. Might be a year too early, but we'll see. I think we defiantly have something with this guy. Picked up the defense extremely quickly last year and really put that timed speed to good use. Crable could see some major time next year as well and hopefully he's learned something in the last year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New York Jets

*I'm not just focusing on relative unknowns. I picked a few players, and they may possibly be a guy who is well known but was playing really poor of late.

Lito Sheppard

He isn't an unknown at all, but I think he's going to come in and completely pick up his play. After not being traded from Philadelphia after they acquired Samuels, he seemed to play unmotivated and just poor in general. We'll see how he plays in the 3-4 system, but his play making abilities will be great due to a lot of looks he'll receive because of Revis and Rhodes. While he's our weakest secondary starter, he may put up the most interceptions. Also Jim Leonhard will be looking over his shoulder so if he'll feel comfortable and be allowed to take risks.

Vernon Gholston

Another guy who is not unknown, being a former top 10 pick. But he is definitely an unknown amongst Jets fans. I think Rex Ryan will allow him to reach his full potential. Expect to see him on the field much more this season and make an impact. Ryan and the awesome defensive coordinator and linebacker coach (whose names I can not remember) will be great for him. I think he'll push Bryan Thomas and eventually be a starter.

Brett Ratliff

He's gotten a lot of attention of late, but that's due to just being thrust into the NY spotlight due to a QB battle with Kellen Clemens. He was an undrafted free agent who has worked hard in training camp and the practice squad for a bit. This past pre season he put up the best numbers out of all QBs. If the Jets don't look QB in the first round, I think he can definitely win the starting job. He'll be asked to play a game manager and hopefully he'll have good receivers.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't already know Orlando Scandrick, you will
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I don't think the Packers will have a breakout player in 2009.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
if i had to pick one, id say james jones

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
if i had to pick one, id say james jones
On a team that has Greg Jennings and Donald Driver as starters there's a limit to what he can acheive. Not to mention that he also has Jordy Nelson and Ruvell Martin to compete with for catches. He did have 676 yards as a rookie, and I doubt he'll even match that.

If I was going to pick one I'd say Brandon Jackson. He averaged 5.5 yards per carry last year and looked so much better than he did his rookie year. He should have been getting more carries, but for some reason McCarthy wasn't giving him any. In week 13 vs Carolina he rushed 11 times for 80 yards. How does he get rewarded? 1 carry the rest of the season.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
On a team that has Greg Jennings and Donald Driver as starters there's a limit to what he can acheive. Not to mention that he also has Jordy Nelson and Ruvell Martin to compete with for catches. He did have 676 yards as a rookie, and I doubt he'll even match that.

If I was going to pick one I'd say Brandon Jackson. He averaged 5.5 yards per carry last year and looked so much better than he did his rookie year. He should have been getting more carries, but for some reason McCarthy wasn't giving him any. In week 13 vs Carolina he rushed 11 times for 80 yards. How does he get rewarded? 1 carry the rest of the season.
Donald Driver is 34 and not getting any younger, Jordy Nelson looks like a pure slot receiver to me. James Jones was slowed this past season by early injuries in which he lost his place on the depth chart. I believe he can be a solid receiver for the pack

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Gotta agree with this one. McClain looked really good late in the season when he got his opportunities. Definitely a disruptive force off the edge.
What about Tavares Gooden??
Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to say AJ Hawk, Justin Harrell, and maybe Brady Poppinga, I think the 3-4 is going to help them all
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
What about Tavares Gooden??
That would be my number 2 option after McClain, whoever gets plugged into that LB core as a starter will break out.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I'm going to say AJ Hawk, Justin Harrell, and maybe Brady Poppinga, I think the 3-4 is going to help them all
Poppinga won't even be a starter, Harrell has to stay on the field in order to breakout, and I expect pretty much the same AJ Hawk in the new scheme no better no worse.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, God, let it be Trent Edwards.
McKelvin should be in a good spot to break out (or get picked on, whatever). Stevie Johnson got pushed down the depth chart, so there aren't many other options. Maybe a loooongshot in Derek Fine.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For New England, I would say Maroney but he won't get as many opportunities. I think Meriweather will go to the Pro Bowl or play at a Pro Bowl level.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
For New England, I would say Maroney but he won't get as many opportunities. I think Meriweather will go to the Pro Bowl or play at a Pro Bowl level.
100% agree and i was gunna say the same thing ROP

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meriweather is a good one, but he kinda already broke out for me last year. Should be even better next year. I have pretty big expectations.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote