Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Orlando Pace coming to Baltimore?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ing-baltimore/

it was on NFL network ticker too.

I think we can all agree on this one, WTF is the point of this.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK, i think we'd have to let go of Willie for cap and roster size problems if we were to keep Pace for next season. I'd rather stand pat on this and draft a RT.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sure Orlando Pace would be great in the 10 minutes before he hit IR.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Im sure Orlando Pace would be great in the 10 minutes before he hit IR.
That's another concern... I kinda like our starting tandem for next year with Terry backing up both spots.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are fine at tackle for now. We need to get younger at that position, not older. I wouldn't mind Pace if he came cheap but I highly doubt he can survive John Harbaughs training camp.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I think we are fine at tackle for now. We need to get younger at that position, not older. I wouldn't mind Pace if he came cheap but I highly doubt he can survive John Harbaughs training camp.
I highly doubt he could survive a tour of the training facility without some sort of injury.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only guess is we plan to release Terry or Willie Anderson. This is still a big mystery why we even consider it.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind he is just visiting. There has been nothing said that we are interested big time. But I am still going to question it, only because this is the second time we are bring in a tackle, first it was Marvel. I wonder why Ozzie is trying to add another Tackle, we'd be better off drafting someone.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I highly doubt he could survive a tour of the training facility without some sort of injury.
haha, I can only imagine the headlines on that:
"Free Agent OT Orlando Pace, formerly of the Rams, is expected to miss the entire 2009 season after tearing his ACL at the Ravens Headquarters in Owings Mills, MD during a tour of the facility while walking up a flight of stairs."

But seriously, I'm with you guys, I don't get why we're trying to get older on our o-line as opposed to younger.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
My only guess is we plan to release Terry or Willie Anderson. This is still a big mystery why we even consider it.
Bye Bye Big Willie...

I think this is a move more for the benefit of Gaither.. what better to learn from then JO and Orlando Pace?! I think it would be a good fit for us...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Pace was better than Willie in his prime but I think now, Willie might be better since he will probably play more than Pace. I say, if Pace is cheaper than Willie, go ahead and cut Willie and sign Pace.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

okay, I think Pace being a Ravens is becoming more and more of a possibility. I really liked Willie Anderson and I'm not a huge fan of this. Only reason I'm not totally PO'ed is that Pace should be cheaper AND has more to offer when healthy.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what are the chances he will be healthy? I would prefer Willie and we draft Phil Loadholt or a RT
Old 03-21-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
what are the chances he will be healthy? I would prefer Willie and we draft Phil Loadholt or a RT
Im all about this right here!!! Loadholt in rd 2, Gaither and Loadholt FTW!!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-21-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

that would give us the biggest and baddest set of tackles in the NFL
Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

That would be JO and Orlando all over again...now if only we could keep the refs from throwing a flag in Loadholts eye??? hmmm
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

and keep Loadholt from throwing temper tantrums in a playoff game resulting in 2 15 yard penalties and costing us the damn game!!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

just read on the Baltimore Sun that we are the most aggressive team for Pace. I can't see why since we've already got Willie. I guess its a money issue. Also, what do you guys think about James Laurinatis? Alot of so called "experts" are giving him to us in there mocks. whats yalls take on him?
Old 03-22-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
just read on the Baltimore Sun that we are the most aggressive team for Pace. I can't see why since we've already got Willie. I guess its a money issue. Also, what do you guys think about James Laurinatis? Alot of so called "experts" are giving him to us in there mocks. whats yalls take on him?
No James L. They seem to think that since we lost Scott we are in dire need of an ILB, but in reality we've got Gooden and Burgess who are our future at ILB (Gooden more so than Burgess). Laurinitis doesn't really fit the 3-4, and in ours you need to be strong to shed blockers which he really struggles with.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
No James L. They seem to think that since we lost Scott we are in dire need of an ILB, but in reality we've got Gooden and Burgess who are our future at ILB (Gooden more so than Burgess). Laurinitis doesn't really fit the 3-4, and in ours you need to be strong to shed blockers which he really struggles with.
yeah that was exactly what I think, I can't see how he is being projected as a Raven on many mock drafts.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Well I think we should bring in Orlando... Still think he can add value to us.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Well I think we should bring in Orlando... Still think he can add value to us.
The only REAL reason I can think of is that they are worried about the RT play and depth at the position. RT play wasn't horrible(especially with the unbalanced line schemes of Cam), but maybe Tackle depth is a bit slim, with Terry not proven a good LT or Anderson being way too old to play anything but RT. If something serious happened to Gaither, our line would be in trouble.

That brings me to another point, maybe they don't think David Hale and/or Oniel Cousins are developing well at this point, especially if they wanted either one at tackle.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
The only REAL reason I can think of is that they are worried about the RT play and depth at the position. RT play wasn't horrible(especially with the unbalanced line schemes of Cam), but maybe Tackle depth is a bit slim, with Terry not proven a good LT or Anderson being way too old to play anything but RT. If something serious happened to Gaither, our line would be in trouble.

That brings me to another point, maybe they don't think David Hale and/or Oniel Cousins are developing well at this point, especially if they wanted either one at tackle.
I think they viewed Cousins as a potential RT, but IDK. I think his arms are too short to play on the outside, but he could make a great guard IMO. Especially with Yanda's injury I think he would be good for depth and maybe even a starter one day (he's still pretty ray for an OL). I don't have much Hope for Hale because most NFL teams only carry 8 or 9 OL on the roster at a time. That would be Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Yanda, Anderson, Terry, Cousins, and Chester at this point if we sticked with 8. I think that we really only need to upgrade the RT position, and Pace may be able to do that.