Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brent's Bogus Case Day Adventure

Well, as I said earlier in the week, today is the day that I attempt to drink 30 beers one one day. I'll be using Keystone Light for this because it was cheap ($18 for the 30) and any one who has had it before can tell you it's very easy to consume. I have been thinking about how to go about this, as I tend to take a scientific approach to most things. So, I figured the best thing to do would be to eat an early lunch just before starting to give my stomach a nice sponge at first. Then I'll eat dinner later with the same intent.

Foods with little to no sodium and complex carbohydrates seem to be the best idea for food, so I went and bought sodium-free, whole wheat pasta and "no salt added"/low sodium tomato sauce. I think that should make for good meals. Also, I want to try and drink at least one glass of water every hour.

Originally I was going to start at noon but I am up early so I am thinking that 10:30am will be my start time, which makes for one beer every 27 minutes. That doesnít seem fast but I am sure it will go faster than I expect. The optimal result would be that I am able to keep a nice buzz going for this long period of time but obviously that is not a guarantee. Also, as a precaution, if I feel sick or something isnít right, I'm stopping as I donít feel like throwing up all over or something equally as unfortunate.

Oh, and of course, as there seems to be a decent amount of interest in all this (still not sure why that is), I'll stick to using the IRC and forum (I am also un-bookmarking and logging out of Facebook, so I donít do any thing stupid on there).

I think a good way to make sure I metabolize the alcohol at a good rate is to do stuff around the house, so I'll probably attempt to do things while this is all going on. Example: taking my dog out to the open field behind this house and walking around, or doing some cleaning around the house. In my experience, if you're sedentary while drinking, you become drunk at a faster rate. I want to avoid that as much as possible.

I'll start in about an 90 minutes so I need get showered and start making food. I thought I should start the thread now, for time management's sake.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck. Are you doing this by yourself or do you have someone else with another 30 trying this as well?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Good luck. Are you doing this by yourself or do you have someone else with another 30 trying this as well?
One of my roommates was going to do this, too, but backed out. I guess it's good that there is at least a person here that will be sober.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you haven't seen the Kenny vs. Spenny case race you need to watch that. Some great tips in that episode, haha. Good luck though, and yes keeeep mooooving

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesnt count if its light beer...man up
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
It doesnt count if its light beer...man up
Well, from what I saw online the "traditional" way is a 24 pack of normal beer, so I figured 30 of a light beer was comparable.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Luck, I'll be checking in all day to see how you are holding up. Foods high in protein help metabolize / break down the alcohol so keep that in mind.

May the Force be with you!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's game time son.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I forgot how bad keystone tastes when you first start.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your local Longs Drugs should have Budweiser 30 packs for $17.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a few hours, you won't be able to tell the difference between them and a bowl full of rotten butt-holes. Now drink!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Your local Longs Drugs should have Budweiser 30 packs for $17.
Longs! Oh man, I havent been to one of those since I lived in CA. Conjures up memories of Raley's.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I also wrote out a schedule for my intervals, so I dont get ahead of myself.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are we doing, champ?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are doing this really measured. I would probably take an opposite tact that you have decided and started with an early 10 o'clock power hour. This would allow me to take one hour off and then proceed with nice drinking pace from there on.

But sir godspeed!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
How are we doing, champ?
I'm fine. What I did decide on is if I get to like the last 6-7 and feel okay, I am going to just start shotgunning beers.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you get some sort of alcohol poisoning.

Too mean?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I hope you get some sort of alcohol poisoning.

Too mean?
Nah, sounds about right from you. I plan to pass some time watching all of 30 Rock.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Nah, sounds about right from you. I plan to pass some time watching all of 30 Rock.
Should watch NPH in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I would probably take an opposite tact that you have decided and started with an early 10 o'clock power hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm fine. What I did decide on is if I get to like the last 6-7 and feel okay, I am going to just start shotgunning beers.
Now we're talkin'!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

It's 1pm and my stomach already hates me. I've been on that border between sober and buzzed for a bit and it's awful haha.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many have you downed?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
How many have you downed?
seven, thus far

Old 03-18-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broken the seal yet...I think that'll be key.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Broken the seal yet...I think that'll be key.
What are you talking about?