Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Napoleon Harris to the Chiefs

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/16845167.htm

The Chiefs and unrestricted free agent linebacker Napoleon Harris agreed to terms this morning on a six-year contract.

Financial details were unavailable. Some still were being finalized.

The Chiefs plan to use Harris, a five-year NFL veteran with the Raiders and Vikings, as their starting middle linebacker. He would replace Kawika Mitchell, an unrestricted free agent.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart move to nab a guy who has recent experience in the scheme. Should be able to be solid for them.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Smart move to nab a guy who has recent experience in the scheme. Should be able to be solid for them.
I believe he is a good pick up maybe not great but good like you said I believe he will fit our scheme better then KM.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Donnie Edwards not Harris
Old 03-06-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I liked him more than most Raider fans. Not going to set the world on fire but he can be solid.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid MLB. He made a lot of plays for us last year when he was healthy. I think we will be able to replace him.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

solid pickup and stays with the youth movement
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I agree Edwards would be nice but I don't want to over pay for a 34 year old LB.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I agree Edwards would be nice but I don't want to over pay for a 34 year old LB.
I'm sorry but Harris sounds like Kawika Mitchell v 2.0 and if that is the case we've been better off re signing him then getting Harris
Old 03-06-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'm sorry but Harris sounds like Kawika Mitchell v 2.0 and if that is the case we've been better off re signing him then getting Harris
Harris is a much better fit for the Tampa 2
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I hope he is cuttable after the first couple years because I don't want another Bell situation.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty good pick up,nothing nuts, but defitnaly a good pick up for the chiefs
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this signing a lot more than the Kendrell Bell signing from two years ago. I don't know why they didn't sign Edgerton Hartwell in the first place.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I like this signing a lot more than the Kendrell Bell signing from two years ago. I don't know why they didn't sign Edgerton Hartwell in the first place.
True my list was like this.

1.Trotter
2.Hartwell
3.Bell
Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
True my list was like this.

1.Trotter
2.Hartwell
3.Bell
If only DV had not talked Trotter out of signing with us which is a rumor that I heard
Old 03-06-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind mitchell coming to backup morgan.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I wouldn't mind mitchell coming to backup morgan.
No way that would happen he might not be a pro bowler but KM is a starter and we didn't keep him because he wants crazy money that and he was not a good fit in the cover two.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I may not be a fan of Harris but I give Carl Peterson credit for targeting players at a posistion of need and aggressively going after them.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No way that would happen he might not be a pro bowler but KM is a starter and we didn't keep him because he wants crazy money that and he was not a good fit in the cover two.
If he is backing-up Morgan he will be a starter.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

thats a great move
he played in mike tomlins cover 2 and herm edwards runs something similar
plus now we dont have to have kawika mitchells slow self in the middle
i am not saying he bad but harris is fast and will work better in our system.

Last edited by #1chiefs_fan : 03-06-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is it official that Vikings traded Randy Moss for peanuts?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post

Basicly, but moss isnt doing anything anyway
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post

the trade was pretty much...

raiders got: a drugy who admitted to smoking weed and doesnt try on the field

vikings: a bust wr would is only fast and a okay LB

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good signing as now they have two of their LBs set for the next couple of years
Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

I'm just glad the Chiefs didn't get a dominant LB [yet]....Harris isn't that bad tho...like most everyone is saying, he gets the job done, just not at the highest level....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote