Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O IDK that Quinn was coming back. Then I would change that pick to a TE who can be a red zone threat and a passing option. and Quinn can be the main blocker.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I love the first three picks. I'm not so sure we need Hill after signing Smith and Quinn coming back, but I guess both could be gone after this year so I'd be alright with that. McKillop is in the same position. We just have a lot of young guys right now who we need to develop, so I don't know if he would ever even get reps in practice. I agree on going with a kicker too.
Where did you see Quinn was coming back? I haven't seen any reports that say that..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Where did you see Quinn was coming back? I haven't seen any reports that say that..
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,7025233.story
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
Here's the part he's referring to if you don't want to read lol:

Quote:
... Three other restricted free agents (safety Dawan Landry, receiver Demetrius Williams and tight end Quinn Sypniewski) received low tenders. The Ravens will tender them one-year, $1 million deals and would receive a draft pick from the round the player was drafted as compensation. ...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:06 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hadn't seen anyone post this yet, if I missed it sorry but........we got 0 compensation picks, so unless a trade is made we have 6 picks and no more.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so what would everyones thoughts be if we trade? Whether its up/down etc. I wouldnt mind trading up for DHB but it really depends on what we give up. I also wouldnt mind trading back to the early second we can still end up w/ Nicks or Britt and pick up another pick or 2.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade down. The value of the #25-45 prospects are pretty similar.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If DHB is gone I say trade down and acquire more picks since we only have 6. Although staying at 26 and taking Kenny Britt wouldplease me also!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

After a very long hiatus thought i might as well try a ravens mock

1st Rd #26 (overall) - Alphonso Smith | CB | Wake Forest
I dont think he will be the guy we are wanting here and with that being said i don't see DHB being there. If Pettigrew was there i think we take him also, but i think we will have the choice between alphonso smith, kenny britt, hakeem nicks and possibly vontae davis. Alphonso has everything except height and under the tutelage of Reed and Lewis (both also coincidently undersized and late round firsts) is the safest pick at this point. If Vonate is there we would prolly go him but my realistic big board would be: Pettigrew, DHB, Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, Kenny Britt. If we get any of those guys or Larry English i would be ecstatic and i really hope that the recievers drop as usual and DHB will be there for us, i have an odd feeling he will, much like when we got Ngata, shoulda easily been in top 10 and much better then anything BJ Raji could become, just saying we got a steal.
Wouldnt be surpised if we trade back a little and take Clay Matthews or a Connor Barwin type guy. I expect us to look hard at LB early on.

2nd Rd #57 (overall) - Phil Loadholt | OT | Oklahoma
I pray that he is there for the pick but would not be surprised at all should he be picked earlier. Fits our scheme nicely and could be a very dominant RT for us while he is given time to develop. if not there I expect us to look LB like Beckwith, Cody Brown, Paul Kruger and Sidbury Jr.

3rd Rd #88 (overall) - Kyle Moore | DE | USC
We need depth and help on the DL i like Chris Baker at NT and inside with scheme versatility and the same can be said with Kyle Moore but on the outside. I lean Moore as he doesnt have the character concerns, gotta love the potential with the body type he has and the great senior year. future starter and replacement of Pryce. again Depth is needed!

4th Rd #119 (overall) - AQ Shipley | C | Penn St.
Shipley screams ravens type player to me. Has everything you look for in a centre and really showed it off at the combine where in my mind he really impressed me in every drill and his film only solidifies it. Extremely underrated especially within this strong C class. One of my fav prospects and in my opinion will be the have the most productive career of the C prospects.

5th Rd #154 (overall) - Quinn Johnson | FB | LSU
Fits our scheme and allows us to utilize McClain at RB and FB. powerful player who could go higher but is very one dimensional and think he will be here and i dont think Ozzie will pass up the opportunity to get such a good role player on offense and special teams.

6th Rd #185 (overall) - Graham Gano | K | Florida St.
The kid has a leg, may go earlier with the power he posseses but i do think we should address the K situation, it showed last year and will continually get worse. Honestly as much as i love Stover he has gotten to the point where we need to be around the 25 to get him out there..i cant handle that any longer especially with our low scoring pound it out every point counts playing style

havent done one of these in a while so give it heck

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I still dont know if a Nickel back would be worth using a 1st round pick, especially w/ how deep the WR class is and our need for a WR.

But its good to know you are alive you haven't been on here in ages.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

I think he would quickly move from nickel to starter but on that i was switching back and fourth between him and Britt. I love evrything about Britt and would be the perfect compliment in our offense but i think Alphonso is an extremely safe pick and is just really hard to pass up and i dont see us picking Britt or Nicks over a corner like Smith who is a true playmaker and football player in every way of the game. Also i am very iffy on WRs and where they will go in the draft and think we will be in a big surprise come draft day

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes that is what I agree on. it will make the draft wild. Unfourtanetly for me I got prom that night, so I will be missing a fun time no matter what I do.

About WR Ozzie did say, I challenge you to go to the WR working out right now and tell them we need a WR, I am fine with them(a paraphrase). But that could very well be a smoke screen
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post
After a very long hiatus thought i might as well try a ravens mock

1st Rd #26 (overall) - Alphonso Smith | CB | Wake Forest
I dont think he will be the guy we are wanting here and with that being said i don't see DHB being there. If Pettigrew was there i think we take him also, but i think we will have the choice between alphonso smith, kenny britt, hakeem nicks and possibly vontae davis. Alphonso has everything except height and under the tutelage of Reed and Lewis (both also coincidently undersized and late round firsts) is the safest pick at this point. If Vonate is there we would prolly go him but my realistic big board would be: Pettigrew, DHB, Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, Kenny Britt. If we get any of those guys or Larry English i would be ecstatic and i really hope that the recievers drop as usual and DHB will be there for us, i have an odd feeling he will, much like when we got Ngata, shoulda easily been in top 10 and much better then anything BJ Raji could become, just saying we got a steal.
Wouldnt be surpised if we trade back a little and take Clay Matthews or a Connor Barwin type guy. I expect us to look hard at LB early on.

2nd Rd #57 (overall) - Phil Loadholt | OT | Oklahoma
I pray that he is there for the pick but would not be surprised at all should he be picked earlier. Fits our scheme nicely and could be a very dominant RT for us while he is given time to develop. if not there I expect us to look LB like Beckwith, Cody Brown, Paul Kruger and Sidbury Jr.

3rd Rd #88 (overall) - Kyle Moore | DE | USC
We need depth and help on the DL i like Chris Baker at NT and inside with scheme versatility and the same can be said with Kyle Moore but on the outside. I lean Moore as he doesnt have the character concerns, gotta love the potential with the body type he has and the great senior year. future starter and replacement of Pryce. again Depth is needed!

4th Rd #119 (overall) - AQ Shipley | C | Penn St.
Shipley screams ravens type player to me. Has everything you look for in a centre and really showed it off at the combine where in my mind he really impressed me in every drill and his film only solidifies it. Extremely underrated especially within this strong C class. One of my fav prospects and in my opinion will be the have the most productive career of the C prospects.

5th Rd #154 (overall) - Quinn Johnson | FB | LSU
Fits our scheme and allows us to utilize McClain at RB and FB. powerful player who could go higher but is very one dimensional and think he will be here and i dont think Ozzie will pass up the opportunity to get such a good role player on offense and special teams.

6th Rd #185 (overall) - Graham Gano | K | Florida St.
The kid has a leg, may go earlier with the power he posseses but i do think we should address the K situation, it showed last year and will continually get worse. Honestly as much as i love Stover he has gotten to the point where we need to be around the 25 to get him out there..i cant handle that any longer especially with our low scoring pound it out every point counts playing style

havent done one of these in a while so give it heck
Not a fan of Alphonso as a raven. I love him as a player but he is just not the type of corner we need. I'd prefer Vontae Davis or Sean Smith. We need a taller, physical guy to compliment Washington and Foxworth. I love Quinn Johnson, Gano, Shipley and Loadholt,(don't know much about Kyle Moore) just not Smith, he's a great player, with a great talent, just not the best fit for us. Good overall draft though.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I still say we go WR. Even if DHB isn't there. Since we got flacco we need to invest into him and not leave him hanging all by himself on offense. Both Britt and Nicks have upper echelon #1 WR potential. I think they will be at our pick. I think we gotta take one of them.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ No doubt, well said.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yes that is what I agree on. it will make the draft wild. Unfourtanetly for me I got prom that night, so I will be missing a fun time no matter what I do.

About WR Ozzie did say, I challenge you to go to the WR working out right now and tell them we need a WR, I am fine with them(a paraphrase). But that could very well be a smoke screen
I severely hope thats just a smoke screen. We are far from fine with the WRs we have.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I hope he is joking. If we don't get a WR day 1, we have to put all our hope into Demetrius Williams coming back healthy and being our deep threat. I would HATE to be in that situtation.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I hope he is joking. If we don't get a WR day 1, we have to put all our hope into Demetrius Williams coming back healthy and being our deep threat. I would HATE to be in that situtation.
It would be nice to draft DHB and Williams still comes back healthy and is a deep threat.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
It would be nice to draft DHB and Williams still comes back healthy and is a deep threat.
yeah, but if we have enough confidice in D-will to come back healthy, I think we should look for Nicks or Britt instead of DHB. If we get our deep threat, we need a Boldin/Bowe/Marshall type WR. Tall, physical, good hands and YAC. Also contribute early, I'd love Britt, assuming D-Will can be our deep threat

WR1- Derrick Mason
WR2- Kenny Britt
Slot- Demetrius Williams on deep pass situations or when we want to stretch the field, and Mark Clayton for the shorter interdimediate routes.
WR4- Mark Clayton
Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I really think we overrated Dwill severly on this board. I think he can be a decent average to above average WR but I think at one point everyone on here thought he was going to be a pro bowler.

But I would like our WR core, Clayton,Britt,Dwill,Smith are all talented guys. Lets keep our fingers crossed that they develop
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I really think we overrated Dwill severly on this board. I think he can be a decent average to above average WR but I think at one point everyone on here thought he was going to be a pro bowler.

But I would like our WR core, Clayton,Britt,Dwill,Smith are all talented guys. Lets keep our fingers crossed that they develop
I think had injuries not derailed him DWill would have taking a starting job away from Clayton.

Another guy we all forget about coming back is Justin Harper. I know he was on IR last year so thats not a good start, but he was a WR I was really excited for us to get. If we were to get DHB, or Britt, and then have DWill come back healthy and Marcus Smith find some semblance (spelling?) of playing WR, and Harper live to his potential and stay healthy, we could be very dangerous for years to come.

I mean a future WR team of DHB, DWill starting, with Clayton in the slot and Marcus Smith and Harper as your 4 and 5 could be deadly!!! Especially should Flacco progress and get more comfortable and play better and better.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya Harper can be a red zone threat. I think he can be a good situational type player. I think Smith has potential he is a big strong player, but he is extremly raw, I think he can develop into a nice possesion WR but he also has a high bust potential.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

1st: Kenny Britt WR
2nd: Phil Loadholt RT
3rd: Frantz Joseph ILB
4th: Kyle Moore DE
5th: Bernard Scott RB
6th: Tony Carter CB

No explanation needed.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

anyone know why the coaches are so high on Marcus Smith? The guy did absolutly nothing last year and didn't step up when Demetrius Williams went down. He dropped passes and all I can remember from his was 1 spectacular catch that was ruled a drop.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
anyone know why the coaches are so high on Marcus Smith? The guy did absolutly nothing last year and didn't step up when Demetrius Williams went down. He dropped passes and all I can remember from his was 1 spectacular catch that was ruled a drop.
He didnt step up as a WR like I had hoped he would, but he was a very good special teamer.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999