Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-03-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
He didnt step up as a WR like I had hoped he would, but he was a very good special teamer.
true, but with all the playing time he got, I was suprise at how little production he had. As of now, I'm not to high on him, and I have Demetrius as the #3, with Clayton a #2 and Mason #1. We need a WR round 1 badly lol.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont remember any significant drops, I think he just had trouble getting open. We saw a lot of physical potential in him. Here is his scouting report from NFLDC of last year

Positives-Big strong, terrific ball skills and body control, soft reliable hands, adequate speed and quickness, decent after the catch. Is a fine blocker and still has upside

Weaknesses- Not very quick or explosive, may struggle to seperate, needs to work on routes, Not a finished product.

I think he can develop into a nice #4 possesion WR, but he did nothing as our #3, not even a catch. so don't count on him being a significant part in our passing game
Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just another mock I threw together because I am really bored.

1st-Britt WR
2nd-Nelson TE
3rd-Ellerbe LB
4th-Barnes CB
5th-Shipley C
6th-Fiammetta FB
7th-Gano K
Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im representing the ravens in the final forum mock, I will make you all proud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Just another mock I threw together because I am really bored.

1st-Britt WR
2nd-Nelson TE
3rd-Ellerbe LB
4th-Barnes CB
5th-Shipley C
6th-Fiammetta FB
7th-Gano K
I would be thrilled with this draft, getting 3 of my favorite players (Britt, Nelson, and Barnes) or the one Lordquas posted on the previous page (though I am not as high as most on Loadholt)
Old 04-04-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't see us drafting a TE. We've already got 3 on the roster, I doubt we add another, unless we use Sypnewski as a HB/TE/FB kinda wierd hybrid.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya I like Loadholt because he is enourmous and athletic. I think he would do good sitting behind Willie. But I think we can get 1 more year out of Willie then focus on RT next year. I amd really high on Ellerbe I think he can do well in our system. He is athletic mean and can blitz and can shed blockers well.

Also we get Flacco to legit weapons and a C that is like Matt Birk.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I really can't see us drafting a TE. We've already got 3 on the roster, I doubt we add another, unless we use Sypnewski as a HB/TE/FB kinda wierd hybrid.
Quinn is the blocker, LJ is on a one year, and Heap has no long term value. Add to the fact that Ozzie wanted a TE early last year and didn't get it could easily = TE in rounds 1, 2, or 3.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
that is my theory, but Heap is at the end of his career, LJ sucks and Quinn is a blocker. I think Cameron would want a legit passing option at TE like he had w/ Gates. I think Nelson does that, him or Cook would fit our team as a pure reciever better then Pettigrew.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true, but with all the playing time he got, I was suprise at how little production he had. As of now, I'm not to high on him, and I have Demetrius as the #3, with Clayton a #2 and Mason #1. We need a WR round 1 badly lol.
No doubt, DWill is miles ahead of Smith as the #3 on the depth chart IMO.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

does anyone have any faith in Smith becoming something? He didnt have a darn catch all season. Granted this was his 2nd or 3rd year at WR since he was a RB originally at college. he had that one OMG catch that was ruled incomplete against TEN. But I dont think we threw to him at all. I hope a coach can work on his routes so he can be open more.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he'll ever develop into a consistent reliable target. But, he's a good special team player and a solid blocker, so he should be able to stick on the roster and get some snaps in every game.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

not a fan of Smith at all. He had way too much playing time and not enough production. I wish we used Todd Heap in the passing game as much as we used him. We use Heap is the wrong damn way!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not a fan of Smith at all. He had way too much playing time and not enough production. I wish we used Todd Heap in the passing game as much as we used him. We use Heap is the wrong damn way!!
We really didn't have another option as far as keeping a blocking TE in. I think Wilcox was hurt, but he couldn't block anyways so Heap was our best option. If Sypniewski stays healthy this year, we should see Heap come back a bit, but I don't think he's ever going to be great again.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
We really didn't have another option as far as keeping a blocking TE in. I think Wilcox was hurt, but he couldn't block anyways so Heap was our best option. If Sypniewski stays healthy this year, we should see Heap come back a bit, but I don't think he's ever going to be great again.
I still think he can be a reliable pass catcher for us. I know I'm in the minority here but if he wasn't asked to block so much his catching would improve dramaticaly.