Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

achilles109 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default college

I have been accepted and received scholarships to both The Ohio State University, and the University of Hawaii for ROTC. The scholarship requires me to decide which school I will be attending no later than the 21st, but I am not able to visit Hawaii until April. If there are any students of the University of Hawaii at Manoa that read this board could you please let me know so i can get some information about it. thanks.
achilles109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm Ohio or Hawaii, tough choice man.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

eh its not so cut and dry... my whole family is in ohio, my mom works at osu, and i dont know anyone in hawaii, but at the same time this is a really good opportunity to get out and live on my own... in hawaii..
Old 03-06-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
hmm Ohio or Hawaii, tough choice man.
im from ohio, and a couple of guys went out there for college, actually both for football, said they hated it, there on a island, and it jsut isnt what their used to. If your used to stuff liek that go there, but if your form the states, and ohio fits your bill go there, dont risk hawaii, becaus ei doubt that you would like it.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
eh its not so cut and dry... my whole family is in ohio, my mom works at osu, and i dont know anyone in hawaii, but at the same time this is a really good opportunity to get out and live on my own... in hawaii..
Well thats different, I was only looking at it as a location standpoint.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

We are not you. We do not have full details of everything going on, or all the pros and cons for you as an individual.

Really, we can only offer you superficial advice, and if that's what you want, you shouldn't be going to University.

Make up your own mind with your friends and family, not random strangers.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
snuff

I was going to say tOSU until you said you live 15 ******s from campus.

I would go to neither. Hawaii is just going to be weird and tOSU is way to close to home.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recommend going to visit each campus and staying there on your own. See if you feel at home at each. If you feel at home in Hawaii, make the move. If not, stay closer to home. This is a big decision, but it is also one you should make based on your own experiences.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that stuff you said about Ohio is great and all, but...

IT'S FRIGGIN' HAWAII.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawaii is a very expensive place to live, and perhaps not the best place to focus on one's studies. This is a very significant decision, and I can't blame anyone for having a little trouble coming to a conclusion...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

since all of us are football fans i am suprised no one has said Ohio simply based on there football tradition. that being said i am a real laid back person so i would choose hawaii in a heartbeat. 15 mins from campus is too damn close. F that. but like some other ppl have said, this should be a decision that you make on your own and really don't listen to any of us.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
snuff

you must of missed the part where he said ROTC, meaning no beach nothing. They just march around and do homosexual army things like working on gun tossing.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
jesus, go to hawaii. it's not like you can't transfer, and you'll likely never have a similar opportunity.
njx = moderator
moderator = the man

You know the saying, stick it to the man.

I've got "stickittodamonitis".

Anyways.

Ignore njx.

Last edited by frogstomp : 03-06-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

No... nor would I have to, seeing as that's common knowledge.

Fatty!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
you must of missed the part where he said ROTC, meaning no beach nothing. They just march around and do homosexual army things like working on gun tossing.
haha true, but he would have some time off to enjoy himself. its not like they are complete dock (with a c) knockers 24/7. and no i am not in the ROTC.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually trying to get into two Ohio schools. (BGSU {Accepted} and CCMS)

Is there something wrong with me?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-UNIT could help you with this. He has the most school spirit for Hawaii that anyone I have seen. I guess it depends on whether or not you are an introvert or an extravert. If you are an extravert and are not afraid to get out and meet new people then Hawaii would be cool. I'm sure Samoans are way different from than the people in Ohio. If your an introvert and dont like change that much then Ohio State might be for you. Ohio State is also a much more demanding school than Hawaii so it also depends on how much you want to study and are focused on getting a good GPA.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming from somebody that's actually in upper-academia, Ohio State is a MUCH better school academically. If you actually care about that, and the scholorships are roughly the same, it's not even close.

You can get a good job with a degree and move to the beach if you're that concerned with weather. Don't short-change the importance of a good education becuase of something like that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
since all of us are football fans i am suprised no one has said Ohio simply based on there football tradition. that being said i am a real laid back person so i would choose hawaii in a heartbeat. 15 mins from campus is too damn close. F that. but like some other ppl have said, this should be a decision that you make on your own and really don't listen to any of us.
People that choose their college based off the sports teams are the dumbest people in the world.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
on the other hand, if you're not going to grad school, as long as the school is accredited, it makes absolutely no difference where you got the piece of paper (or, often, what the piece of paper says). moreso because a fair amount of the time, the undergrad level education has more or less the same degree of worthlessness because schools seem to let in anybody who can breathe.
Well it's all relative. That being said, most people have no idea what they want to do so....

Generally just being in classes with smarter people (not that Ohio State is the academic mecca of the world or anything) can heighten the discourse.

I know for a fact that Ohio State is relatively restrictive in terms of attedance. Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of meatheads, but I've seen much much worse.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

frogstomp i was asking if anyone here had been to hawaii so I could ask them questions about it, not trying to ask what you guys think... Im pretty sure that getting scholarships is a bit difficult and that Im not exactly stupid enough to throw away my education for good weather. The other side is that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and while OSU is the better school, Hawaii has the better ROTC program..... Im undecided in a major right now and I may make a career out of the army.

also i dont live close to OSU i live in Akron, over 180 miles away
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Coming from somebody that's actually in upper-academia, Ohio State is a MUCH better school academically. If you actually care about that, and the scholorships are roughly the same, it's not even close.

You can get a good job with a degree and move to the beach if you're that concerned with weather. Don't short-change the importance of a good education becuase of something like that.

Thats true as long you want to study much more. A person that has an A at Hawaii will get more jobs than someone that got a C at tOSU. I would base it on which place you will enjoy rather than which school is more difficult. If you enjoy the place then you will be more likely to get good grades than some place you hate.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
A person that has an A at Hawaii will get more jobs than someone that got a C at tOSU.
Not necessarily... If he goes back to work in Ohio hes going to have a hard time finding anyone that knows anything about Hawaii academics, not to mention that he could get internships at tOSU that lead to places in Ohio.

If you live 180miles from tOSU then go there. It isn't even a hard decision for me and I am a michigan fan.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Thats true as long you want to study much more. A person that has an A at Hawaii will get more jobs than someone that got a C at tOSU. I would base it on which place you will enjoy rather than which school is more difficult. If you enjoy the place then you will be more likely to get good grades than some place you hate.
Do you hire? Or are you just pulling **** out of your arse?

Old 03-06-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Do you hire? Or are you just pulling **** out of your arse?
It's common sense man. I would expect more from someone that is going to graduate school. An employer will look at that C and figure you did just enough to get by so you can get the degree. Granted if you get an A then thats a whole different story. I will put it this way. If you get an A in graduate school in Minnesotta I guarantee you will get the job over someone that didnt do so well at Harvard or Yale that you are competing against.