Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go to OSU personally. I just couldn't be that far away from my friends and family.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're wrong and completely underestimating the power of "connections" and "branding".

your argument is essentially "i would expect everyone to buy their suit from KMart rather than Armani if the BBB said they were better made than an Armani."
Sure, if you happen to meet a potential employer while your their and get on his/her good side then consider you one of the lucky ones. If you were an employer who would you choose? Someone that worked hard and exceeded expectations at a lesser university or someone with tons of natural ability but refused to use it at an elite college?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone gets A's in graduate school. Your GPA means next to nothing.

By the way, as someone that does educate, I can tell you that most people will rise to the discourse level that surrounds them. It's not a coincidence that education patters generally remain consistent in areas over time.

If you're a C student at Ohio State, you're probably going to be a C student everywhere else too, and if the education at another place is so low that you can get A's with the same kind of effort, it's still going to show in an interview.

Grades, like njx said, mean very little in regards to most interviews. They are much more concerned with your general level of knowledge, which can't be conveyed by a GPA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-06-2007 at 07:48 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
snuff

GPA means a lot actually, but where you went to school means a lot more.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not completely irrelevant. But it's only a small piece of the puzzle unless you're doing something academically motivated. A lot of it depends on career goals, so to speak in generalities either way is pretty pointless.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no one has ever, in the history of my having a job, cared or asked what my GPA was. no one ever will. it's irrelevant information.

again, your simplifying this too much, and likely because you haven't graduated college yet and are thus desperately trying to prove to yourself that it means something that you went to small town school X and are getting good grades there. it's just not relevant.
Your right in one aspect that over time employers will care more about what you have done in your past jobs more than where you went to college. Although, for your first job in that field employers have no information about you except for where you went to college and what your grades were. Most employers will ask for your transcript so they have your GPA which is probably why they havent asked you for it.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
snuff

GPA and dedication lead to internships which lead to jobs.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you go wrong with hawaii good college, beaches, HAWAII!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The general attitude towards foreigners in Hawaii isn't exactly ideal, and I've heard some dubious things about the school itself. Were I choosing, I'd go with OSU, but that's just me.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

achilles109 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im still very much undecided, I would rather speak to D-unit then sort through the banter on this message board.
achilles109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

or perhaps i value everyones opinion, just some more than others....
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles109 View Post
or perhaps i value everyones opinion, just some more than others....
Its sad that you ask for opinions from people that you know nothing about and could have completely different views on things. I mean if you ask Damix how Long Island is he says great. You ask we I tell you its a run down piece of trash and the only reason the Easy coast exist is because of NYC and Florida.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Its sad that you ask for opinions from people that you know nothing about and could have completely different views on things. I mean if you ask Damix how Long Island is he says great. You ask we I tell you its a run down piece of trash and the only reason the Easy coast exist is because of NYC and Florida.
its sad how you think you know more than you do, I asked if anyone from Hawaii could help me because I didnt know how many there were or who has been there. I did not make this post as a potluck for any 16 year old who has no idea what they are talking about to tell me that I should do something because "the football is better"
Old 03-06-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
its sad how you think you know more than you do, I asked if anyone from Hawaii could help me because I didnt know how many there were or who has been there. I did not make this post as a potluck for any 16 year old who has no idea what they are talking about to tell me that I should do something because "the football is better"
I am sending in NJX to explain...
Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
snuff

How do you double post when you hit edit... This board sucks!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

Quote:
I am sending in NJX to explain...
and still no one cares.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I think thats why he posted so he can get other people's opinions about the schools. Choosing a college is a tough decision and he is trying to make the best one. It's a tough decision since he cant visit Hawaii until April so he was hoping someone had some insight on the school.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I think thats why he posted so he can get other people's opinions about the schools. Choosing a college is a tough decision and he is trying to make the best one. It's a tough decision since he cant visit Hawaii until April so he was hoping someone had some insight on the school.
i feel so... understood :D jays right, im not looking for someone to say "go here because..." im looking for someone to say what Hawaii has to offer. I want to know if its boring there, if the facilities are good, how big the dorms are, things like that.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the cost of going to Hawaii will be far greater than tOSU so if money is a factor stay on this side of the pond
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
and still no one cares.
And you think we really care where you go to college? Seriously... Your clueless.

I said you shouldn't trust people talking about there own town and you spit out some nonsense about wanting to talk to d-unit and how I think i know more than I do or something... Either way I know more than you as I have gone through this

On a side note you would make a good buckeye...

Last edited by snuff : 03-06-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Question

Quote:
and still no one cares.

I care.19 characters
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

why do you care snuff, take a goddamn hint and leave. I figured you would understand that if you didnt care about it there wouls be no reason for you to post.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why do you care snuff, take a goddamn hint and leave. I figured you would understand that if you didnt care about it there wouls be no reason for you to post.
Again, when you make a thread on a forum you are gonna get everyones opinion, how do people not understand this?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
i feel so... understood :D jays right, im not looking for someone to say "go here because..." im looking for someone to say what Hawaii has to offer. I want to know if its boring there, if the facilities are good, how big the dorms are, things like that.
The school's website might be able to help you with some of that.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
snuff

And there is no reason for this thread... Thats why I am here....

Let me tell you what Hawaii is like. Its like California. Let me tell you what California is like. Its like surfing. Let me tell you what Ohio is like. Hollister and cows. East and West coast dont mix.

Why don't you make a decision for once in your life by yourself...