Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Just an Idea....

So i was thinking up something a lil earlier. Would you guys want to have a little competition amongst us patriots die hards to see who can predict the players we will pick? I say we do a mock draft through the first three rounds, and whomever selects the most correct player picks can carry the title underneath their sig "#1 Patriots Mockster" or something better that we can think of. If you want to play for fun, i think we should submit our own mock drafts a day or two before the draft. i think we can throw out whether or not we trade for someone or not, just whomever selects the most patriots players that are selected. what do you think?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predict what Belichick is gonna do? I think that's impossible. But it could be fun to try.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think thats a great idea. Like TNPatsFan said, it is really tough to predict what our staff will do, but that will make it that much more fun.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I'm in, should be really tough ;)
Old 03-26-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it- and I'm down.

Prediction: The person who wins will have only ONE correct pick lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only correct prediction is the one that says the Pats will not use all those picks, at least not in their current slots.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-26-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao to your sig TNPatsFan

Old 03-27-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in. This should be interesting. I predict a 5 way tie. :D

I laughed at the sig, too. But you forgot Moore . . . he's climbing up boards, imo.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm in. This should be interesting. I predict a 5 way tie. :D

I laughed at the sig, too. But you forgot Moore . . . he's climbing up boards, imo.
yeah when I started realizing how many M's there were I had to draw the line and keep Moore in round 2. I also left Monroe out because he'll be long gone. Wouldn't mind getting either of Monroe or Moore though.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha! Monroe would be nice. You could sub Moore for Maclin b/c I doubt Maclin makes it past Oak/Jax.

lol - I get you though. You could hit the sig limit w/players starting with M.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea sounds like a good idea. Count me in. Im sayin at least two trades there either up or down but im not tellin you what i think. I want that prize lol

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

sdotcarter33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

HAHA, i agree sounds fun/ impossible.....when is the deadline? the day before?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

yeah im going to say the deadline is due the day before. ALSO, you can not edit your picks, i think you should be disqualified if you do. What should be the title underneath our sig to the winner? should it be "#1 Patriots Mockster" or "DC Official Patriots Mockster"? what should the title be? gimme some ideas.....

Old 03-28-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to be included as well. Thank you for aksing us.

Once you put the title "FINAL MOCK" that would lock in your picks and if you don't put the title it won't count. Is that o.k.? Deadline Midnight EST the day before the draft. Is that o.k. too?

Can we trade or sell the title you want to give to the winner?

My early prediction is that we end up with one 1, two 2's, one 3, one 4, one 5, and one 6 AND at least two picks next year from that.

I wouldn't be suprised if the PATS target a few players and go and get them with absolutely NO regard to the "draft value chart".

Should we keep all the picks for the sake of this mock so that each person has the full number of picks to try to peg those players that the PATS take? I think that would be best. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

The top 6 picks is the best way to go, I think. No concerns about trades since they could screw up everyone's board equally. Post 6 names and see who gets the most out of those 6. I doubt we'll need anything too crazy to ensure the picks are in by the right time. The time stamp is on each post and if it gets edited the time is included there as well. So any post or edit that is stamped after 11.59 pm EST on April 24th would be disqualified.

How does "Patriots Master Mockster Challenge Champion" sound for the sig line? Any other suggestions?

Something as a sig image, either a hack job (see mine below lol) or ask someone with skills in the sig thread to make something super sexy for us.

EDIT: Added pic & fixed date.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 03-31-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

lol i like that sig....... thats dope

Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Thanks. Simple, but it gets the job done. I can't recall the sig limits, but I'm pretty sure I'd need to shrink it a little if we choose to go with it.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Resized to comply with sig limits

Wording can change or another one can be done by one of our resident pros still, of course.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on board. Top six picks it is
Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This should be very interesting, can't wait.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The top 6 picks is the best way to go, I think. No concerns about trades since they could screw up everyone's board equally. Post 6 names and see who gets the most out of those 6. I doubt we'll need anything too crazy to ensure the picks are in by the right time. The time stamp is on each post and if it gets edited the time is included there as well. So any post or edit that is stamped after 11.59 pm EST on April 24th would be disqualified.

How does "Patriots Master Mockster Challenge Champion" sound for the sig line? Any other suggestions?

Something as a sig image, either a hack job (see mine below lol) or ask someone with skills in the sig thread to make something super sexy for us.

EDIT: Added pic & fixed date.

How are we going to score this?

1 point for getting the position right, 2 points for getting the player right, and an extra point for getting the position (2 total points) and/or player in the right spot (4 total points)?
________
Avandia settlements

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:19 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I didn't get the impression proshoota25 had a point system in mind, but it may be a good idea to figure something like that out as a tie-breaker should several of us hit on the same number of draftees.

We sure as hell don't want any Eagles/Bungels sytle ties. :D

Old 03-31-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

how about along the lines of..... 5 points for correct player selection...... 3 points for correct round selected......... 2 points for position selected.

so for example say (note example) that i submitted this mock draft:

1. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
2. Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
2. Rashard Johnson, S, Alabama
2. DJ Moore, CB, Vandy

..... The Patriots actually select...... Sintim in Round 1... Johnson in Round 2..... and Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

You have picked Sintim (5 points) and the right position (2 points) but not in the same round you predicted (0 points)....... Johnson you predicted (5 points), in the right round (3) and the position (2). For Byrd, he was not on your list, but he was a position you thought would be drafted (2).... so your total points for the challenge would be 19....

Is that good? Too confusing? Ideas....

Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

It's your ball. You can make the rules. I'll go with whatever you decide. It's all good to me. Thanks for bringing your ball!

Last edited by bhyg : 03-31-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

sdotcarter33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
how about along the lines of..... 5 points for correct player selection...... 3 points for correct round selected......... 2 points for position selected.

so for example say (note example) that i submitted this mock draft:

1. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
2. Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
2. Rashard Johnson, S, Alabama
2. DJ Moore, CB, Vandy

..... The Patriots actually select...... Sintim in Round 1... Johnson in Round 2..... and Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

You have picked Sintim (5 points) and the right position (2 points) but not in the same round you predicted (0 points)....... Johnson you predicted (5 points), in the right round (3) and the position (2). For Byrd, he was not on your list, but he was a position you thought would be drafted (2).... so your total points for the challenge would be 19....

Is that good? Too confusing? Ideas....
Trades??? any points for calling a trade?

also scoring for olb/de or olb/ilb could get intresting