Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-27-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Romeus had a pretty good season last year for Pitt (7.5 sacks) but I think he is going to be one of the elite DEs next season. The other Pitt DE Jabaal Sheard is pretty good too.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Marvin Austin, UNC
I hope so, i want him to beast it out. Good pick.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Bailey can make himself a massive amount of money this year if he starts producing. He's one of the best physical specimen to ever play at Miami and has all the talent in the world.

Bowers from Clemson is a man amongst boys and he's the easy pick here.

He'll finish with around 10 sacks or so, but that's just because teams will have to understand that you can't single block this guy or he's gonna punish you.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give a homer pick and say Mike Martin from Michigan. I know he was already recognized as a freshman all american by a few places, so you could say he's already broken out. But I think he could have a much better year this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Jason Worilds already broke out though he won't get drafted that high because of his size.

Everson Griffen from USC had a alright season but he should break out with that ridiculous physical ability.

There are several guys from The U who could have breakout seasons. They are stacked at DE but the guy to look out for is Marcus Robinson. He's a great natural pass rusher. Also Allen Bailey is moving inside to DT where he should be able to penetrate and use his power to rush the passer. With the DE's and Fortson drawing double teams, Bailey will see a lot of one-on-one match-ups. If Bailey can improve his technique he should be a force in the middle with his freakish abilities
The Hurricanes are stacked at end? Other than Robinson who are the other guys. I'm kinda surprised that they are talented enough to push Bailey inside, he was really starting to play very well at the end of last season.

I'm gonna go with Buckeye Thad Gibson at DE and LSU Tiger Drake Nevis at DT.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Seriously Allen Bailey the kid who killed a Crock with a shovel, recruited as LB is being moved to DT. Damn that is some journey, what was it MLB, then OLB, then DE, and now DT. Bailey is a beast, if there wasn't so much depth he probably would stay at DE like Campbell did.
If he killed a croc with his bare hands, THATD be impressive

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
The Hurricanes are stacked at end? Other than Robinson who are the other guys. I'm kinda surprised that they are talented enough to push Bailey inside, he was really starting to play very well at the end of last season.

I'm gonna go with Buckeye Thad Gibson at DE and LSU Tiger Drake Nevis at DT.
Stacked might be a bit much, but there is a lot of potential there. Moncur is coming back, Adewale Ojomo looked great at times, Steven Wesley is kinda good, Andrew Smith was ok last year but looks a lot better this spring, Oliver Vernon is a freshman that is already on campus and looks great, Gavin Hardin is another guy that should contribute this year. DE is probably the deepest position on the team (along with WR). DT has some guys but the depth chart there isn't nearly as impressive, even with Bailey inside.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Dunlap from Florida. I have high hopes for what Ben Martin can do at starting DE in a Tampa 2, and am hoping Dan Williams can continue off of his impressive junior season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting great things from Gerald McCoy, and DeMarcus Granger isn't bad himself.

Thaddeus Gibson and Cameron Heyward are ready to take it to the next level. Gibson especially.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
unfortunately, I think Sheldon isnt getting in and Kennard is gonna take awhile to get into form.

If I had to pick a freshman DE, it would easily be Donte Moss. He's gonna see the field right away at UNC.
I'm not a big fan of Moss. I don't wanna sound like a homer, but Dyron Dye is up there with Kennard in terms of being ready to contribute immediately. Dye probably won't see much time though because of our depth.

We are stacked with talent at DE. The talent just has to translate itself on the field.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Carlos Dunlap from Florida. I have high hopes for what Ben Martin can do at starting DE in a Tampa 2, and am hoping Dan Williams can continue off of his impressive junior season.
I <3 Dan Williams.

Carlos Dunlap and Ben Martin aren't bad choices. I like the Marvin Austin pick as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to add that I like love the potential of both Griffin and Dunlap. Both look like future studs.

I have my eye on Texas Freshman DE Alex Okafor as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be a homer and say Justin Mincey at FSU, DT. We have a tradition of great DT's but have been lacking a little bit the past couple years, but this guy is very athletic and could have a big year.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

I'll also be a homer at say Karl Klug.

He's been an absolute monster so far in spring drills and he's not exactly your conventional DT.

6'4 barely 260 mid 4.6, but somehow the guy has great leverage and uses his hands quite well.

He was the Big Ten player of the week as a back-up last year. Our DL is going to be stout up the middle apparently, it's pretty exciting, even with the defections of King and Kroul.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I <3 Dan Williams.

Carlos Dunlap and Ben Martin aren't bad choices. I like the Marvin Austin pick as well.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

[Homer Alert] I'll agree with some others an say Da'Quan Bowers
Old 04-02-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
13.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks isn't a breakout year?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Name a starter for a BCS team and I'm probably pretty familiar with most of the things he brings to the table.

I just push my Hawkeyes.

Potential Breakout DL??

Jared Crick, Nebraska
JJ Watt, Wisconsin
Omar Hunter, Florida
William Campbell, Michigan
Mike Daniels, Iowa
Armond Armstead, USC
Ian Williams, Notre Dame
NT

Eddie Jones, Texas
Malik Jackson, USC
Thad Gibson, Ohio State
Ben Martin, Tennessee
Marcus Robinson, Miami
End
Good pick, he is looking great in spring practices imo. Our DLine is gonna be sweet although a bit thin. Ethan Johnson and Ian have looked as good as any DLinemen in the recent past at ND and they are still young. Kapron Lewis Moore has pretty much cemented a starting spot and the last spot will be a nice fight between kerry neal and hafis williams (both of whom I'd feel more than comfotable starting with) with EJ filling up he other spot.

With regards to your other picks (non ND) I really like the other bolded picks.

PS I think this is the first time I post something publicly agreeing with you, might be that Im drunk but wth.

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote