Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-27-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Favorite College Football players from the past..

Who were some players that you just had to watch, you didn't really care much about the team but you knew when this guy was playing, it was a must watch event? For me, Donovan McNabb at Syracuse defined that role. He was so amazing in college, it was kind of a new thing to me that a QB could be like that. To me he is still the most exciting college football player of all time. Funny though that I don't find him that fun at all in the NFL.

Drew Brees at Purdue was another one. He was amazing on the college level and I was very upset the Dolphins passed on him because I knew he would be this good at the NFL level. He had "it".

As for the U, the first is of course Sean Taylor. Taylor was the best athlete I have ever seen in college, I truly believe if he wanted to he could have been an All Pro WR. What a freak he was and the most memorable game I have ever seen from a single college football player was against Pittsburgh when he completely single handily shut down Larry Fitzgerald.

Warren Sapp was my next most electrifying player from the U. Didn't know a DT could take over a game from that spot like he did, but wow could he ever. I've never seen a DT collapse the pocket like every single time consistently like he did in college, didn't matter that he was always double teamed, at the least.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Williams USC- I never saw anybody who made football (at the college level) seem so easy like BMW.

Kellen Winslow II "U" - He was a ****** soldier!!!

Vince Young UT - as a USC fan I don't want to talk about him, but I'll give him his props.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Mike Williams USC- I never saw anybody who made football (at the college level) seem so easy like BMW.

Kellen Winslow II "U" - He was a ****** soldier!!!

Vince Young UT - as a USC fan I don't want to talk about him, but I'll give him his props.
Good ones. I still remember the Mike Williams recruitment very clearly; every teams fan base wanted their teams (especially the UF fans) to recruit him, but every team was offering him as a TE.

I'm also going to add one more that I forgot: Mike Vick. I still love Mike Vick and IMO he may have the most elite set of tools to ever play QB, college or NFL.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ken Dorsey and Kellen Winslow.
Outside of Miami I would have to pick Carson Palmer. The guy was unbeilevable.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll do some non FSU guys..

Sean Taylor - Was at the game in the rain where he picked off Rix twice, he absolutely dominated that game. But not to be nit picky, he didn't single handedly shut down Fitzgerald, top 10 pick Antrell Rolle was the corner on him.

Vince Young - Made college football look easy, I remember seeing his long run against OU as a freshman and being wowed.

Reggie Bush - Obviously electric, I would have to fight to stay up and watch USC's late games on TV here in the east coast.

Phillip Rivers - I still feel like he's the best college QB I ever saw in person. I saw him single handedly dismantle some good FSU defenses. The way he moved around in the pocket was maddening. I always knew he would be great in the pro's.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just name a few in no order.

Larry Fitzgerald

Jeremy Maclin

Darren Sproles

Willis McGahee
Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some of my personal fav non-USC guys:

619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe that I fogot;

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Braylon Edwards
Reggie Bush
Vince Young
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's blasphemous, but I sorta enjoyed watching Chris Wells. Was a threat to take it to the house on every play and had maybe the best stiff arm in history. =\
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
It's blasphemous, but I sorta enjoyed watching Chris Wells. Was a threat to take it to the house on every play and had maybe the best stiff arm in history. =\
reggie bush and matt leinart are both in my top list. Add vince young and brady quinn (the most natural leader I've seen on a college level) and you have my top.
Way less spectacular but Jacob Hester also deserves a mention for me, i love guys just playing flat out as hard as they can.

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

SOMEBODY STICKY THIS THREAD

1. Donovan McNabb. i STILL have his Syracuse jersey
2. Andrew Zow and Freddie Milons.
3. David Terrell
4. Rex Grossman
5. Derrick Strait

One of the best threads on here...ever
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me too. :(

Some non-Michigan players...

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Im not a big fan of his, but im suprised nobody has mentioned Tebow

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
thread title:
Favorite College Football players from the past..

Saints 2014 draft

Old 03-28-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
thread title:
Favorite College Football players from the past..
LOL good call, its early and Im at work gimme a break, LOL

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
LOL good call, its early and Im at work gimme a break, LOL
well its not early here and I've been working all day so i am wide awake, maybe it is not fair from people across the pond to be the same.

Saints 2014 draft

Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think anyone likes watching Tebow. Except maybe Thom Brennaman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ5SVMK3mOM
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD is easily my favorite college player ever. ST was my favorite from UM, followed my McGahee.

Reggie Bush, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are some other guys.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:

that comment about spending 5 or 20 minutes with TT and being a better person for it (something like that at least) made me throw up in my mouth AGAIN.
and that is whilst i actually do like him as a player.

Saints 2014 draft

Old 03-28-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Umm...Gary Danielson and Verne Lundquist say hi.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis can be added to my list as well as Derrick Johnson.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

10.LaVar Arrington
9. Darren McFadden
8.Roy Williams (Oklahoma)
7. Ricky Williams
6. Peter Warrick
5. Adrian Peterson
4. Charles Woodson
3. Vince Young
2. Ed Reed
and my number 1...drumroll please...
1. Larry Fitzgerald!
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

...I love watching Tim Tebow.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote