Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stallworth news on the draft pick in the trade

from profootballtalk:

If the Eagles re-sign Stallworth, they won't be required to upgrade the fourth-round pick that they sent to the Saints as part of the 2006 trade for the receiver to a third-round pick. The enhancement was required, we're told, only if Stallworth had been re-signed before becoming a free agent.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't worry about it. It's a 4th. He signed with New England.

Supposedly.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Last edited by Dillen : 03-06-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where did you here he signed with New England, do you have a link or where you heard it?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stallworth was given an OFFER. He didn't sign. He still has scheduled visits with Tennessee tomorrow and Miami on Thursday. He will make his decision on Friday. Dillen, you scared the sh*t out of me. I checked all over the place, but the bad news is that New England offered him a 6 year, 32 mil contract, we couldn't match that even if we wanted to. Lets just hope Donte REALLY, REALLY likes Philly.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he left NE without a deal, that means it wasn't that impressive an offer. Generally, players tend to shop themselves until they get the money, terms, and team they want.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Dillen, you scared the sh*t out of me. I checked all over the place, but the bad news is that New England offered him a 6 year, 32 mil contract, we couldn't match that even if we wanted to. Lets just hope Donte REALLY, REALLY likes Philly.
The headline said Stallworth signed but the story didnt. That's why I put supposedly.

Um...yeah, the Eagles could DEFINITELY match that contract. I have no idea why you think they couldn't.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-07-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thats roughly 5.3 mil per year. Maybe we could afford it, but do you think the FO would pay that much for Stallworth. I don't think so, especially because they are in love with their young WRs. We had 12.4 mil at the beginning of FA. Both the Mikell, and Thomas signings were for 2.5 mil per year I think, could be wrong though. That leaves 7.4 mil in cap space. Our FO likes to keep 4 mil of "cushion" space. Yeah I could see us doing that, but it goes against what our FO does, plus it leaves very little room for draft signings.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 03-07-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we plan on restructuring contracts, that would make the cap pretty tight, but I'm sure we will restructure a few of our players' contracts, so yes I expect the Eagles will be able to afford to make Stallworth a good offer.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It would be tight, and thats why I don't think our FO would put a deal like that forward, that is why I am thinking that.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
HustlinOwl

I heard that the Eagles have signed Bethel Johnson and scheduled Kevin Curtis for a visit. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Yep, it's official. Interesting on Bethel Johnson. I'm kinda glad it's only a one year deal for him, he's definitely a speed guy who could help us, but he got himself into trouble in New England for his poor work ethic and basically being hard-headed. But if AR can get him to get it together, it may be a big help. Kevin Curtis I'm interested, but we'll have to wait and see. This may be a sign that the Eagles are leaning towards just letting Donte go completely though, which disappoints me. But we shall see....
Bigp5437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
dobe12

I love the Eagles as much as the next guy and I would love to see them resign stallworth, but do you honestly think they will with the $'s he's been offered? They would have signed him a month ago if they were going to. Come on! Don't you understand how this management works by now? They are cheap. That's why they signed Bethel Johnson and are looking at K.Cutis. Would have loved to see them look at one of the middle LB's and RB's that were available.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobe12 View Post
I love the Eagles as much as the next guy and I would love to see them resign stallworth, but do you honestly think they will with the $'s he's been offered? They would have signed him a month ago if they were going to. Come on! Don't you understand how this management works by now? They are cheap. That's why they signed Bethel Johnson and are looking at K.Cutis. Would have loved to see them look at one of the middle LB's and RB's that were available.
Thats why I don't think Donte will be back next season, after what I saw New England offer him. The only way I see him back is if he would settle for less to stay in Philly, because he was telling the truth that he really did like it here in Philly.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
JackieDan
Rookie

JackieDan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With the signing of Bethal Johnson what other knock on effects are there?

We now have Brown, Avant, Baskett, Lewis, Bloom and Johnson. With us also bringing Curtis in for a visit that is potentially 7 players for only 5(?) roster spots.

From that group I guess the only definates would be Brown and, if he signs, Curtis. From last season it looks like the FO likes Baskett a lot, and they invested a 4th round draft pick in Avant last time round.

That leaves Johnson, Bloom and Lewis fighting over one spot. I see Johnson and Bloom as the likely candidates to compete for kick return duties, so does this mean that Lewis is the first man out? But his number was often called for third down passes showing faith in him from the coaches.

It all seems like a bit of a log jam with several plays all of similar quality to my eyes.

With Curtis being brought in to visit what do you think the impact on Stallworth will be? Is there an element of trying to force his hand one way or the other with the possiblility that an offer isn't going to be there for long? I assume that we couldn't find the cap space to sign both Curtis and Stallworth?

Still if we do sign Curtis or Stallworth I see three first day picks spent on the D.
JackieDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If we would sign Curtis or Stallworth we would have to go D for most of the draft. Although I could see us drafting a power RB early if we don't get one in FA.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Thats roughly 5.3 mil per year. Maybe we could afford it, but do you think the FO would pay that much for Stallworth. I don't think so, especially because they are in love with their young WRs. We had 12.4 mil at the beginning of FA. Both the Mikell, and Thomas signings were for 2.5 mil per year I think, could be wrong though. That leaves 7.4 mil in cap space. Our FO likes to keep 4 mil of "cushion" space. Yeah I could see us doing that, but it goes against what our FO does, plus it leaves very little room for draft signings.
There are no "averages." As an Eagles fan you should definitely know that a lot of the contracts are backloaded and the bonus is spread out early in the contract so you can cut the player towards the end of his contract when there is no hit but 1/2 of his original contract money left.

The Eagles have about $10.5M right now.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I know there aren't averages, but that is basically all I could go by. So what your saying is we could sign Donte to a similar contract the Pats are offering, but Donte would get around 2-2.5 mil this year. The problem is, I still don't think the Eagles would pay that much for him. That value is too high, but they may be willing to do something like that. Where did you see we have 10.5 mil in cap room? Could you post a link or tell us where you found the info. That would be great if we do. We would be able to get either WR (Stallworth or Curtis) or Ken Hamlin. A run stuffing DT or power RB for cheap would probably go along with either the WR or S signing. If 10.5 is the case, I am all for us looking to get back Stallworth

Old 03-08-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Juqua is only making $1.4M this year.

Mikell is only making 845K. His deal was 4 years for $3.93M.

Consider that Bethel Johnson's contract is about $1M at most.

Take off $3M from that $14.8M number or whatever it was.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-08-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen View Post
Juqua is only making $1.4M this year.

Mikell is only making 845K. His deal was 4 years for $3.93M.

Consider that Bethel Johnson's contract is about $1M at most.

Take off $3M from that $14.8M number or whatever it was.
Thats great, but could you please post a link so any other person could clarify it?

Old 03-08-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

www.geocities.com/eaglescap

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-08-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thanks, I am glad to have seen that, but the site says our cap room is 9.85 mil.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

It could be. I forgot to realize that 3/3 was the start of FA, Mikell's deal gone done after that and so was Johnson. Either way, $10M is enough money to play around with.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Old 03-08-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yeah I agree. We could still make a major move in FA and a minor one or two.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take out Bartrum since he's retiring that puts the figures up about where Dillen was saying.

As for the receivers we will keep: Brown, Baskett, Avant, Bloom- for special teams ability, Lewis, and Kevin Curtis if he signs. I don't see Bethel Johnson making the team.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Take out Bartrum since he's retiring that puts the figures up about where Dillen was saying.

As for the receivers we will keep: Brown, Baskett, Avant, Bloom- for special teams ability, Lewis, and Kevin Curtis if he signs. I don't see Bethel Johnson making the team.
That makes more sense now.

I could see the receivers working out like that next year.