Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-29-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

ShoeLB50 needs more cowbell.
Default A Lion Catch In Pictures

Colorful Lions Mock...

#1...

Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

#20...

Rey Maualuga LB USC

#33...

Evander "Ziggy" Hood DT Missou

#65...

Rashad Johnson S Bama

#82...

Kraig Urbik G Wisconsin

#174...

Joe Burnett CB/RET UCF

#192...

Roy Miller DT Texas

#255...

Jeremy Childs WR Boise

Comp Pick

Random Fat Kid

"God only put one pair of feet like that on a human being."
- Fritz Shurmur, Defensive Coordinator, Green Bay Packers
ShoeLB50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perfect mock for the Lions.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like every pick except Roy Miller. Ziggy is enough for our DLine we already have 2 DTs that we drafted last year i dont think there's enough room o our roster for them along with Darby and Jackson.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

besides for Staff, I only liked Urbik and random fat kid.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it very hard to believe that Rashad Johnson will fall to the 3rd round.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i like every pick except Roy Miller. Ziggy is enough for our DLine we already have 2 DTs that we drafted last year i dont think there's enough room o our roster for them along with Darby and Jackson.
I will be surprised if Darby and/or Grady Jackson make it through half the year... Cohen and Fluellen are decent depth picks but we could really use somebody that can get to the QB as well as a guy that can step in for Grady and plug up the line a bit. Good football teams are built solid up the middle of their defenses.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I find it very hard to believe that Rashad Johnson will fall to the 3rd round.
I thought for sure he wouldnt but with William Moore, Delmas and Chung sitting around in the second there is a possibility. I was thinking the Pats would snach him up but internet chatter has them looking at the other 3 guys, havent seen much on Johnson...

Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
besides for Staff, I only liked Urbik and random fat kid.
Pretty Harsh Man! hahaha why dont you like the other picks? what are you thinking?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it. The first three picks are perfect. I also love Joe Burnett, so that's a good pick too.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeLB50 View Post
Pretty Harsh Man! hahaha why dont you like the other picks? what are you thinking?
Maualuga- as a USC fan I don't see rey doing well with a bad supporting cast. Ernie and him over running plays would make me grow greys.

Hood- DO NOT WANT, I feel that he's more of a 3-4 DE than an actual 4-3 DT. We need some stout guys upfront, stopping the run...Ziggy is like the opposite.

Johnson- Rashad Johnson isn't bad and I like him, but I feel we have greater needs at other posistions.

the others are just decent (IMO).

Last edited by BRAVEHEART : 03-29-2009 at 10:19 PM.
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap we get Andre Smith as a comp pick? Sweet. I like the Ziggy Hood pick Stafford seems like a lock could change but that seems to be right.

I don't see Rey Rey being our pick I think the team is going to go somewhere else and take that ILB in the 3rd

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Holy crap we get Andre Smith as a comp pick? Sweet. I like the Ziggy Hood pick Stafford seems like a lock could change but that seems to be right.

I don't see Rey Rey being our pick I think the team is going to go somewhere else and take that ILB in the 3rd
hahaha... yeah i dunno i think we need backers that can blitz with Gunthers defense coming in and Maualuga would be the perfect fit and itd help our weak run defense. I think the MLB group is real weak this year so i expect to get a MLB either at 20 or 33.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maualuga- as a USC fan I don't see rey doing well with a bad supporting cast. Ernie and him over running plays would make me grow greys.

Hood- DO NOT WANT, I feel that he's more of a 3-4 DE than an actual 4-3 DT. We need some stout guys upfront, stopping the run...Ziggy is like the opposite.

Johnson- Rashad Johnson isn't bad and I like him, but

I think Ziggs can be stout at the point he probably strong enough he did 34 reps (3rd amongst DT's) and it isn't like he has short arms either his arms measure out to 33.25" which is average to above average for a DT

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

Quote:
Maualuga- as a USC fan I don't see rey doing well with a bad supporting cast. Ernie and him over running plays would make me grow greys. well thats what usually happens, good players get drafted to bad teams hahaha. but in all honesty i think hed thrive under Gunther/Schwartz in an aggressive scheme. Plus he would be playing next to Ernie Sims and Julian Peterson, alot of energy and experience there.

Hood- DO NOT WANT, I feel that he's more of a 3-4 DE than an actual 4-3 DT. We need some stout guys upfront, stopping the run...Ziggy is like the opposite. i almost agree here but there are two pressing facts... 1. there are no solid big DT's in this draft outside of Raji IMO and 2. We really need 2 DT, Grady and Darby are old and break down halfway through the year and were stuck with Fluellen and Cohen? Ziggy isnt a run stuffer but hese strong and stout at the point of attack (i believe he put up 33 reps at the combine this year?). Thats sortof why i took two DT because were old and inexperienced might as well develop a solid rotation.

Johnson- Rashad Johnson isn't bad and I like him, but I feel we have greater needs at other posistions. sure i can accept that but i guess i feel like S is a more pressing need than most fans. consider Alexander isnt even running yet after a pretty wicked injury last year and Bullocks has had injury problems in the past also. I also dont thin either guy is a true FS, we need to be solid in coverage if we are going to be blitzing alot.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Johnson- Rashad Johnson isn't bad and I like him, but I feel we have greater needs at other posistions.

But we need a 3 technique penetrator as well, and Hood can do that. And at least in the strength department, the guy is very stout. He squats something like 700+ and power cleans well over 300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you don't mind me using that avatar. I tried to make one similar the other day, but then I realized that I failed at graphics. I'm not a big fan of Maualuga, but overall I would be content with that draft.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

That is a very good draft. Replace Rey with Laurinaitis and it would be better. Laurinaitis is a better thinker and knows how to play the passing lanes better. He has experience rushing the quarterback. He is mentally sound and has no character issues. He does not hit has hard but does enough to get the man on the ground. His REPs at the combines were equal to Rey's. Which means both mean are equal in terms of strength. Rey is crazy and some people love that. I would look a sounder mind at middle linebacker.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like laurinaitis as a prospect and think Rey would be much better. The only knock i hear on him is that he over pursues sometimes. That can be fixed. We have some very good defensive minds on our coaching staff and they can only make him better. Rey is definitly a better ILB prospect than JL. JL cant shed blacks and IMO will struggle a lot in the NFL. Rey is a beast and will punish everyone. He'll have two great LBs playing with him as well.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

I agree with the above. If we take a MLB early (and I personally would prefer taking a Mike backer in round three) I would prefer Laurinaitis over Maualaluga.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
I dont like laurinaitis as a prospect and think Rey would be much better. The only knock i hear on him is that he over pursues sometimes. That can be fixed. We have some very good defensive minds on our coaching staff and they can only make him better. Rey is definitly a better ILB prospect than JL. JL cant shed blacks and IMO will struggle a lot in the NFL. Rey is a beast and will punish everyone. He'll have two great LBs playing with him as well.
I don't like the fact that Rey is being greatly outshined by Cushing and Matthews.

I like Laurinaitis for the qualities that can't be measured - his football IQ, his passion, his leadership skills.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like the Ziggy pick and your mock as a whole. It sounds like Ziggy could step into Reddings spot and would be a solid starter for a while. For a second round pick you have to land solid players who will be with the team for a while.

I also liked the flow of your Lions mock. Grab Stafford at #1 and then commit to defense with 3 straight D picks. I like.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ShoeLB50
Rookie

The reason i have Rey going over JL is because we need to sure up that run defense with some size in the middle. Plus Rey is better at getting to the QB. I just was never impressed by JL ability to take on blocks or rushing ability. If we did get JL I would hope itd be in the second rnd.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't want Laurinaitis at all. He's a damn pile jumper! I don't think he'd be any better for us than Teddy Lehman.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was creative and well done ... I think the random chubby kid could play NT, he's about Grady Jackson's build (lol!)
Potentially 3 teams #1 picks in Stafford, Rey Rey & Ziggy ... I do not want a QB this year but most love Stafford. Whatever? Those 2 plus Johnson would start day 1 and improve that defense BIG time. Maualuga @ 20 would be great value.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote