Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Bly to washington...Rumor

The Washington Post's Redskins blog believes a Dre Bly deal to Washington is still in play, and it could involve the team's No. 6 overall pick.
Denver has destroyed Washington in a few previous trades. In this scenario, Denver would send Bly, their first-round pick, a mid-round pick and change for the No. 6 overall pick. Shawn Springs would then be moved from Washington. It appears the two sides continue to talk.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx
Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

very interesting... i'm guessing this would be to get adams or anderson

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The annual Broncos 'rape and pillage' of the Redskins' front office, not too surprising.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Denver with a top 10 pick?...no thank you.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

If the Skins give up the #6 pick for a mediocre #2 CB, I'd be shocked.

Ok fine, I wouldn't be,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The annual Broncos 'rape and pillage' of the Redskins' front office, not too surprising.

Spek
Old 03-06-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Redskins could get that deal, they need to pull the trigger ASAP. Why?

Value wise, it's okay. I liked Shawn Springs ... in his prime. I'm not a big fan of Dre Bly. But Bly has better value than Springs right now. The difference between the 6 and 21 picks is around 800 points, and depending on the midround pick, the value is fine.

But the main reason is, there's been indications that Springs isn't going to rework. Bly gives them a better player, and coupled with the Smoot signing, gives them some secondary depth that they lacked last year. I didn't like the Fletcher-Baker signing, but the one thing it did do was to provide depth, as Rocky McIntosh likely waits another year to become a starter. That gives them depth at 2 key areas where it was somewhat lacking last year at times (CB moreso than LB).

The midround pick would summarily give them the chance to add a solid guard talent, and the first rounder could still be used on DL talent.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
very interesting... i'm guessing this would be to get adams or anderson
I don't see Adams being there at 6. If the Broncos want to roll the dice on Anderson at 6 ...
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins are ******** if they go through with this
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
If the Skins give up the #6 pick for a mediocre #2 CB, I'd be shocked.

Ok fine, I wouldn't be,
they would give up their 1.21, maybe 3.86 and Dre Bly to the Skins for 1.6. That gives the Skin immediate help at Cb along with another draft pick since they only have 1.6 a 5,6,7th round draft pick.

denver still has a 2,3,5,6,7 after that trade but that trade would allow them to get Jamaal Anderson, maybe Gaines Adams or reach for Carriker. Then line them up for a DT later. or grab Branch or Okoye then grab a DE later like: Crowder, Woodley, Moses or Atkins maybe even Abimari or C Johnson.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever makes Gaines Adams still there for us at 7 makes me happy.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

I'm reading the Jason LaCanfora blog on the situation (very solid beat writer, replaced another good one in Nunyo Demasio).

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk...l?nav=rss_blog

The trade that LaCanfora speculates on is

"So, I still think there is a very good chance we see Bly come to DC, along with Denver's first-round pick, and second- and/or third-round pick, plus maybe a conditional late round pick, in exchange for the 6th overall pick."

which is a heck of a deal for Washington. He comments that Springs would later be dealt to Detroit, Arizona, Baltimore, with Washington hoping for Okoye at 21 (I doubt he's there unless I've gotten a tremendously horrid read on everything, which is possible since I haven't been as in tune this year, but I still doubt it). He closes with the intriguing comment of

"And trust me, I am not going to put everything I know out there right now, but the Skins could make this happen cap-wise, with little problem."

He seems fairly certain that there's a high probability a deal between the two sides will go down. I will say this - if the deal is as he's speculated, the Redskins need to pull the trigger ASAP ... even if it's the 3rd and not the 2nd. And if the Skins could subsequently pull another deal off for Springs, that'd be a heck of a offseason when things were supposed to quiet. For a change, these would be somewhat smart moves for the Skins, which may go in line with the rumors that the personnel power in the FO has somewhat shifted itself.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Um, it's not a deal I suggested. It's what LaCanfora wrote in his blog.

And for all the bashing of the Bailey deal at the time, I still believe it was a solid value deal for the Redskins (people always forget to factor in future value in the equation).
Old 03-06-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True toonster, Portis at that time was on the same or greater level at the time as Bailey . esp in the future.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

very interesting. This FA period is becoming more in interesting everyday.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
True toonster, Portis at that time was on the same or greater level at the time as Bailey . esp in the future.
People forget now that, at the time, in that final year in D.C. (2003), most observers felt that Fred Smoot had a better year than Champ Bailey, and that Fred Smoot was better in coverage. It's laughable now, and it's fair to ask how much Bailey helped Smoot, but, if you go over that year again, Bailey wasn't as dominant. People have off years, though, and that was certainly looking to simply be a hiccup in Champ's career.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie

goblue8888 smells like sex panther.goblue8888 smells like sex panther.

If the skins give us the 6th for our 1st, early 3rd, and bly i would do it.
goblue8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie

Another thing if the broncos do get that pick and peterson falls i could see shanny taking him.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awful deal for the Redskins
Old 03-06-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

#6? hhmmm I would like Branch,Adams, maybe even Landry... :)
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
for our entire draft? no thanks.

It would just be either our second or early third.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get a 2nd we should take it without hesitation
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Rotoworld.com

Ladell Betts-RB-Redskins Mar. 6 - 7:28 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Broncos have asked for Ladell Betts in exchange for Dre' Bly.
The Broncos are also reportedly talking to the Saints. Other reports say Denver is interested in Washington's first-round pick. The news about Betts is interesting considering Denver just paid big money to Travis Henry. But it's a typical Mike Shanahan move; He's not afraid to acquire an extra quality running back.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ladell Betts for Dre Bly? lol that's garbage, we just signed Travis Henry.It would have to come with a pick.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Haha. I agree.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote