Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Broncos' owner says that they will attempt to trade Cutler

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4031893

So I know it's getting a little old by now, but the Broncos have officially put Cutler on the block and are negotiating his trade.

I'm not sure what it would take to get him if we decide to go that route, but I'd really like the Cutler to Calvin connection for years to come.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
dabul-master
Rookie

dabul-master hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How would anyone think of a 1 for Cutler deal?
dabul-master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a good way for the Broncos to stick to Cutler..... Send him to Detroit to get beaten to oblivion hahaha.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd trade for Cutler at the drop of a hat. Denver blew it when they hired a very young inexperienced HC who obviously doesn't have people powers needed to be successful. Cutler is a steal at this point. No learning curve, proven NFL starting QB, has the arm to be very successful, and throwing to Johnson would be a dream for Detroit fans. I see little risk and a huge reward for the team that gets Cutler.
Drafting Stafford is OK if there aren't better options but he's ranked somewhere between 6 and 8 and that means he carries a huge bust factor with him. Why take the chance if you don't have to????
This is one of the worst drafts I have seen in my 50 odd years of following the draft, maybe even the worst in NFL history, and anybody who thinks because we have 2 first rounders and a high second rounder guarantees 3 top starting prospects is whistling in the wind. Mayhew has a tough road to hoe in this draft where even the more experienced, successful GM's will struggle to find talent. It is quite possible that we draft 3 flops or at least huge disappointments come the end of the month. If Cutler is there for the grabbing, go get him and put all the worry to rest and we can dare to dream with a solid starting QB in place.
People talk about Jason Smith or Aaron Curry like they are safer picks. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Smith is about a raw a top 5 pick as I have ever seen and carries an immense bust factor with him and probably at best will be a solid but unspectacular LT in the NFL. He has no experience as a run blocker and he is rated the 3rd best pass blocker in this year's draft, hardly a recipe for greatness. Curry's best position is as a SLB in a 4-3, the weakest position among LB's on a 4-3 team. SLB's help in run defense and generally cover the TE on passing plays not exactly a position that makes him an impact player and using the #1 overall pick on a SLB is ridiculous and I don't believe it has ever happened before. MLB's and WLB have been drafted high on occasion but never a SLB.

In this draft year, you'd have to be crazy not to trade it for a Cutler.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just posted this in the other thread, but I too still want Cutler but as long as it only costs one of our 1st Round picks. I am really, really high on Stafford and I wouldn't want to trade a 1st and 2nd Round pick or a 1st and 3rd Round pick because of that. If Denver accepts the #20 straight up for him then do it. I might even do #1 and #20 for Cutler and #12, but I don't know. If they ask for more, then start negotiating with Stafford.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I just posted this in the other thread, but I too still want Cutler but as long as it only costs one of our 1st Round picks. I am really, really high on Stafford and I wouldn't want to trade a 1st and 2nd Round pick or a 1st and 3rd Round pick because of that. If Denver accepts the #20 straight up for him then do it. I might even do #1 and #20 for Cutler and #12, but I don't know. If they ask for more, then start negotiating with Stafford.
I don't see anyway Denver takes just the #20 for him with all the teams that need QB's in the mid 1st round. If your the lions you have to try and trade for him. I think they will want atleast the 1st overall pick Or #20 and #33
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler if he is traded for picks alone will command a top 10 pick minimally. It will cost us about what the Giants paid for Eli. The #1 overall pick would only be the starting point. It might be enough but I doubt it.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd not give them much to go with the #1. OMFG, if they could nab him AND get to keep the number 1 for Jason Smith.... that's a nice start.

I wouldn't give up the #1 and 20 though.... I'd rather Stafford and top 20 pick than just Cutler.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I'd not give them much to go with the #1. OMFG, if they could nab him AND get to keep the number 1 for Jason Smith.... that's a nice start.

I wouldn't give up the #1 and 20 though.... I'd rather Stafford and top 20 pick than just Cutler.
And if Stafford flops what do you have then but another wasted draft. Stafford even if he succeeds will need 3 or 4 years to reach his potential and if he is a flop, it will be like Harrington all over where we won't be sure for the 1st 3 years, while a Cutler is there now and carries no risk for failure.
If Stafford flops we are looking at a minimum of 6 years before we will have a QB in place. Why take the risk if Cutler is being served up on a platter.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we start at 20 and a 3rd and work from their. But we should try very hard to get him without giving up our 1st overall.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Cutler if he is traded for picks alone will command a top 10 pick minimally. It will cost us about what the Giants paid for Eli. The #1 overall pick would only be the starting point. It might be enough but I doubt it.

Will it take a top 10? Who is in the running? Jets, Bucs, Bears, Lions. 17, 18, 19, 20th overall picks (plus Lions #1). I guess another team in the top 10 could step but who:

* Seattle - Likely no; too many other positions to fill
* KC - They just got a franchise QB for less than a 1st
* St. Louis - they have bigger holes to fill with #2
* Cleveland - that would make 3 starting QBs and one football
* Cincy - Carson Palmer
* Oakland - JaMarcus Russell- You don't give up on a Top 5 QB this early unless his name is Tim Couch or Akili Smith or Joey Harrington or David Carr or Alex Smith or JaMarcus.. oops! Plus they are inter-divisional.
* Jacksonville - David Garrad - not an immediate need but possible.
* Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers - they have other holes to fill.

The only possibilities I see there are Jacksonville and possibly St. Louis but they are not as likely candidates to want to trade as the four teams who have been spoken of already.

if it takes a top 10 pick its not getting done. Thats just what the market bears right now.

The Giants overpaid like idiots for Eli. It paid off...yes but they gave up more than they should have considering Eli stated he didnt want to go to San Diego. I don't look at that trade as a precedent.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

I really doubt the Broncos will trade Cutler to Lions if the #1 overall pick is not involved in the Deal. maybe if you give up your #20, second and third but IMO that is way to much for a team to give up that has as much rebuilding to do as Detroit does.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And if Stafford flops what do you have then but another wasted draft. Stafford even if he succeeds will need 3 or 4 years to reach his potential and if he is a flop, it will be like Harrington all over where we won't be sure for the 1st 3 years, while a Cutler is there now and carries no risk for failure.
If Stafford flops we are looking at a minimum of 6 years before we will have a QB in place. Why take the risk if Cutler is being served up on a platter.
Agreed. For everyone telling me "you can't base picking Stafford on other QB flops", I keep thinking "when you are the Lions and there is a known quantity on the table you can."

This organization should take as many sure things as they possibly can, because unlike other teams, a failed risk doesn't mean "Oh we just missed the playoffs this year." It means "our team is THE WORST TEAM EVER AGAIN THIS YEAR."

I'll take Cutler+Smith or even Curry over Stafford+BPA OT/BPA CB/Laurinitis.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to be honest i think they may not want the number 1 and the financial burden of it. But with #20 and a third they have plenty of ammo to move up to the top 8 and still probably have their choice of QB.

If we dont take a QB who would?
St. Louis? probably not with the release of Pace they will target either Monroe or Smith.

K.C.? no
Seattle? only realistic possibility but they still do have hasselbeck and it would be very expensive for them to take a QB at 4 and still hold on to him. I think they will try and take a QB late 1st or in later rounds and try to develop him.

Cleveland? no
Cincinnati? no
OAK? no
JAX: possibly

They could trade to 7 and easily have one if not both the QBs still on the board.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Agreed. For everyone telling me "you can't base picking Stafford on other QB flops", I keep thinking "when you are the Lions and there is a known quantity on the table you can."

This organization should take as many sure things as they possibly can, because unlike other teams, a failed risk doesn't mean "Oh we just missed the playoffs this year." It means "our team is THE WORST TEAM EVER AGAIN THIS YEAR."

Smith is not a sure thing either though. You can say its safe, but it may not be true.

One thing is a sure thing, we can get a very good QB prospect with the number 1 pick. Next year who knows, and who knows where we are picking. History dictates you can find a LT mid round 1 or later. QB not so much. Take the QB and end this 50 years of ****** QB play by 2010 hopefully.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
No risk of failure? Do you watch football? When you take a player from one system and move him to another there is ALWAYS risk of failure.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Will it take a top 10? Who is in the running? Jets, Bucs, Bears, Lions. 17, 18, 19, 20th overall picks (plus Lions #1). I guess another team in the top 10 could step but who:

* Seattle - Likely no; too many other positions to fill
* KC - They just got a franchise QB for less than a 1st
* St. Louis - they have bigger holes to fill with #2
* Cleveland - that would make 3 starting QBs and one football
* Cincy - Carson Palmer
* Oakland - JaMarcus Russell- You don't give up on a Top 5 QB this early unless his name is Tim Couch or Akili Smith or Joey Harrington or David Carr or Alex Smith or JaMarcus.. oops! Plus they are inter-divisional.
* Jacksonville - David Garrad - not an immediate need but possible.
* Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers - they have other holes to fill.

The only possibilities I see there are Jacksonville and possibly St. Louis but they are not as likely candidates to want to trade as the four teams who have been spoken of already.

if it takes a top 10 pick its not getting done. Thats just what the market bears right now.

The Giants overpaid like idiots for Eli. It paid off...yes but they gave up more than they should have considering Eli stated he didnt want to go to San Diego. I don't look at that trade as a precedent.
Not so, their interest is real. They are sending half the staff down to L.A. for the Trojans pro day to check out Mark Sanchez. With a new coach in town and their fragile QB situation they are very much going to make offers for Cutler. They can offer the #4 pick along with other assets so they would be in a select group that can get it done.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Smith is not as much of a sure thing as Monroe in my opinion, and the Lions have drafted plenty of busts at offensive tackle. I really like Cutler, but I'm not go jeopardize the future (giving up two of our first three picks is probably what it's going to take) for one disgruntled player. We don't even know if Cutler wants to be here. If he doesn't want to be in Denver with a pair of good receivers and a top left tackle, what makes anyone think he's going to play his heart out in Detroit? Give me the guy who wants to be here and is very similar to Cutler when he was a prospect, if it means only giving up one pick for him.

Also, I highly doubt that we get Cutler unless we give up #1 and #33. Very few, if any, teams want the #1 overall pick. I've said this in other threads, but Washington has to be in the driver's seat for Cutler's service. Jason Campbell and #13 overall is probably more appealing to Denver than #1 and #20 or #33.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009040...o+after+Cutler

I agree with Michael Rosenberg in this article ... and with most of you for that matter, on going after Cutler HARD!!! 25. Pro Bowler. Best football in front of him ... even if he's a bit of a princess ;o) I think the #20 & #65 pick are a reasonable swap with Denver. This allows the Broncos to get Sanchez at #12 who fits the wide open offense they will run in Denver, allowing him to sit behind Chris Simms for 1 year. Also, we get a LT #1 overall (Smith/Monroe) and a DT/MLB with #33 and a TE for Cutler to pass to with #84 pick.

One piece of information worth noting ... Bus Cook, who represents Cutler, also is the agent of Megatron! How about that for a hook up?!
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question to everyone here is ... do we even want Cutler? This has nothing to do with what is going on here you can even take that out of the equation. Before you hit me over the head with a trout hear me out.

My Stafford vs Cutler points.

- Does he want to be in Detroit? I doubt he would be a whinny baby about coming to the D because that is career suicide. But would he be a good soldier play his games and bolt the first chance he gets? Cutlers contract must be up soon and he knows there will be better teams offering him more money to come. See Tampa Bay.

- Stafford has said publicly and on multiple occasions "I want to be in Detroit"

- Cutler is a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB with a cannon arm who could stretch the field which (I imagine) is exactly what our OC is going to do with Megatron.

-Stafford is really a Cutler clone big armed gunslinger but is not a proven commodity like Cutler.

- Some have said Cutler has been given the bad team mate label and if true that would make me question his leadership abilities.

- Stafford is a great leader and showed it in Georgia.

- With Cutler we would be able to keep the #1 overall pick.But would cost us multiple other picks lets assume #20, #33, 2010 2nd. (Splitting the difference between our last offer 20, 3rd, and 2010 2nd and 20 and 2010 1st)

- Stafford costs us only the #1 pick.

-Cutler is a sure thing

- Stafford is 50/50

- Cutler is diabetic but no other health concerns

- Stafford has no health concerns

So assuming that the trade would be 20, 33, 2010 2nd

Which would you rather have day 1 (well OLD day 1)

Cutler, (Smith, Monroe or Raji) , Sen'Derrick Marks, Jasper Brinkley

-or-

Stafford, (Beaty Pettigrew, Mau, Brace),Hood,2 3rd rounders

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

It sounds like Jason Campbell may be traded for draft pick bate in the Cutler sweepstakes.

How do people like this idea: 13, Colt Brennan and Campbell compensation for Cutler.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
It sounds like Jason Campbell may be traded for draft pick bate in the Cutler sweepstakes.

How do people like this idea: 13, Colt Brennan and Campbell compensation for Cutler.
As a Lion fan I wouldn't like it 'cuz that would mean we didnt get him, but one question I have is why Denver would want both Campbell and Brennan?
Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped in to see what you guys were saying about the possibilities of the trade, and I had to weigh in...

I would not trade the first pick for Cutler.

Cutler is not a sure thing in Detroit. Yea, he would have the best young WR to throw to, but I would say not much can be expected next year. Regardless of if it is Cutler or Stafford throwing the ball.

If I could trade #20 and a 3rd for Cutler I would. But I would try and trade down out of #1 pick.

I would STRONGLY disagree that this is the worst draft in the last 50 years. There may not be a clear cut #1, but there is plenty of talent into the second round.

If I could not work a deal for Cutler(once again, not the first pick) I would...well, I am not sure what I would do. Probably trade down anyway, or trade down and try to pick up additional picks next year. But if you can trade down, you do it. Nothing says Stafford (who I like) wont be there later. He could fall. It has happened before.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Chris Mortensen said that the Broncos want two Round 1's for Cutler.. so it'd be #20 and our first next year.

That's a lot of money for us to invest.. The #1 Pick would be an OT signed to a big ass contract, along with a new monster contract extension for Cutler.. Not to mention, we've got Jeff Backus on a damn big contract too..

With that cost, don't you think we'd be better off taking Stafford #1?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind that Cutler isn't really making that much money per year. He doesn't make over 2 million in base salary between now and 2012 when he becomes a free agent, excluding the 12 million dollar roster bonus that he would be due in 2011. Of course, that's all null because he'd be getting a new contract as a Lion anyway.

However, think of the money being saved in those two picks you brought up. The 20th overall pick is going to garner at least 7 million in guaranteed cash (and probably closer to 10 million) while a top 10 pick next year from Detroit would cost an average of 23 million. So that's somewhere between 30 and 35 million guaranteed dollars between those two picks for an established NFL quarterback who was an MVP candidate for a portion of the 2008 season. That itself would probably neatly balance against Cutler's new contract anyway.

The real question is whether you want a quarterback who was so easily butt-hurt by McDaniels less than offensive action. I know everyone is jumping all over McDaniels too, and as a Raider fan I'd like to believe that the Broncos have hired a dud, but I can't convince myself of it. How much of this is Bus Cook and how much is Cutler is a mystery not likely to be solved, but the reason this situation is where it is can be rooted in that site of the dispute. And you'd be getting Cook as well in any trade unless Cutler fires him.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote