Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Jay Cutler Now or Michael Vick Before Jail
Jay Cutler 104 74.82%
Michael Vick 35 25.18%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys are krazy, id choose vick as my madden QB, hot route every reciever to run a streak, or to one side of the field and then go all the way for a 100 yard TD :) ahh the good ol days

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always said Vick wasn't an elite or great QB. Cutler FTW.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
i take vick cause he led his bad falcons team to the playoffs 2/4 years.
That's why I voted for Vick. He carried his team to the NFCCG and to other playoff vicotries. Cutler hasn't even been to the plays. I understand football is a team game so to put that all on Cutler is unfair but the difference between the two isn't big enough so I give Vick the edge because of multiple playoff wins.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
That's why I voted for Vick. He carried his team to the NFCCG and to other playoff vicotries. Cutler hasn't even been to the plays. I understand football is a team game so to put that all on Cutler is unfair but the difference between the two isn't big enough so I give Vick the edge because of multiple playoff wins.
Give me a break. Cutler has had two full years of starting, you have to give him a chance before you fault him for not making the playoffs. What did Peyton Manning do in his first 2 years? Is Trent Dilfer really better than Dan Marino? I don't think so. The Broncos didn't make the playoffs because they had the 29th ranked defense, not because they had the 2nd ranked offense.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I take vick any day of the weak, id rather have a badass than a whiny ass *****.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBahDunka View Post
I take vick any day of the weak, id rather have a badass than a whiny ass *****.
QFT!

I just voted Vick because so many people hate on Vick.

I honestly wish the whole dog fighting thing never happened, these 2 seasons I really could have seen him develop greatly as a passer, he was making strides as a QB before this whole scandal.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick
If Cutler were in Vicks shoes hed complain that the Falcons released him

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait until everybody is hanging off of Mike's nutsack again. Jim Mora and Gregg Knapp absolutely ruined him. How do those two still have jobs in the NFL again?

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 04-05-2009 at 07:06 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i miss seeing Vick play :(

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
i miss seeing Vick play :(
Me too...
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Me too...
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
he was my favorite player in the entire league.
:(

Sig by BK

Old 04-05-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes please more vick fans.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
yes please more vick fans.
they're out there somewhere

Sig by BK

Old 04-05-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
My President is Black
Rookie

My President is Black hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was and still am a huge Vick supporter. I'm not sure there's been an NFL player in recent history who has been chastised more unfairly than Vick.

His play was always over-scrutinized because his style was so unique. Statistics don't show his true effect on the game so people constantly bash him on that basis. Plus, his uniqueness made it difficult for coaches to design the offense around him.

As far as off the field, he was a victim of the people around him like many athletes who come from humble beginnings. Vick was used constantly. Yes, it was his fault for allowing it to happen but you need to remember the situation Vick came out of. It's easy to say he should have done X or Y when you're on the outside looking in but it's completely different when you grew up as Michael Vick.
My President is Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by My President is Black View Post
I was and still am a huge Vick supporter. I'm not sure there's been an NFL player in recent history who has been chastised more unfairly than Vick.

His play was always over-scrutinized because his style was so unique. Statistics don't show his true effect on the game so people constantly bash him on that basis. Plus, his uniqueness made it difficult for coaches to design the offense around him.

As far as off the field, he was a victim of the people around him like many athletes who come from humble beginnings. Vick was used constantly. Yes, it was his fault for allowing it to happen but you need to remember the situation Vick came out of. It's easy to say he should have done X or Y when you're on the outside looking in but it's completely different when you grew up as Michael Vick.
that was the perfect post. i agree with everything you jus said
+rep

Sig by BK

Old 04-05-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That video didn't show Vick gliding across the turf to make a TD.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Depends on the team. If I have a terrible offense I would certainly take Vick because he can carry a team by himself and win games. If I've got a team with a lot of pieces in place and a pretty good offense, I'd probably take Cutler because he can run a traditional offense better and would be more consistent.

I picked Vick because it's fun.
I don't see how anyone can argue with this. If I have a bad offense I would take Vick, just because he couldn't really lose you any games if the offense was bad anyone. But he could put the team on his shoulders and win a few. In an average or good offense, I would take Cutler. In an average offense Cutler can probably win you more games than Vick. In a good offense Cutler could make it great.

If I have an imaginative coach I think I would take Vick. If my coach isn't afraid to think outside the box and utilize vick in a way that he needed to be utilized Vick could be incredibly dominant.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I can't wait until everybody is hanging off of Mike's nutsack again. Jim Mora and Gregg Knapp absolutely ruined him. How do those two still have jobs in the NFL again?
As someone whose two favorite teams are the Seahawks and Falcons, this is such a sad topic. Those two restricted Vicks progression as a passer and now their in Seattle to **** up the Hawks anyway they can.

Before all the water bottle and dog fighting controversies, Mike Vick was still the most hated on because how he would embarrass their teams. He made Alge Crumpler look like Tony G and he made Finneran look like a #1. There is a reason why he was the highest paid player in the NFL.

Hopefully Mora gives Vick a chance in Seattle since he is the reason why he is still in this damn league.

Vick succeeded aka won games with a bad O-line, inexperienced/raw WRs, and a decent D.

Give me pre- PITA Vick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vick pissed me off that he didn't make more plays in the passing game, but secretly he's one of those guys I'd want to be my starting QB.

He's a winner and if he had Michael Turner and a Braylon Edwards/Plaxico Burress/Terrell Owens big WR to throw to, he could've been a SB champ.

I hope that the NFL doesn't try to black ball him from the league and he's allowed to come back this season.
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I'm a huge Mike Vick jock sniffer, but let's be real for a sec.

He was in federal prison because he put up the cash to bankroll that entire dogfighting operation. He dragged his friends along in his hobby, not the other way around.

Still don't think it should be a federal crime.
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Nicholson now or 1974?
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I disagree with this argument. He had ample opportunity (finances, time, distance) to separate himself from that life, from what he was and he chose not to do so.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

jay cutler's #1 fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I disagree with this argument. He had ample opportunity (finances, time, distance) to separate himself from that life, from what he was and he chose not to do so.
This is what I find funny. It's easy to sit here coming from a middle or upper-class background with no athletic talent and say he should have done X, Y, and Z.

It's completely different when you're living that life. It's completely different when your parents are telling you they need money for this or that, your brother wants money, your uncle wants money, your friends want money, etc. Vick was a teenager when he began to get national exposure. You can't expect these kids to make good decisions when they're being influenced by all these people around them, talking in their ears. Do you think it is a coincidence so many athletes and celebrities get into financial trouble? They're targets. People are always trying to get into their pockets.

Even guys like LeBron James make mistakes off the field. It's a tough situation for these athletes and when a stand-up human being like James is making mistakes you can see how difficult it is.
jay cutler's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Culter, fairly easily. I want a QB who gets the ball to his WR/playmakers, not a guy who can run around and hit the occasional pass. I'm going to focus on the on the field traits rather than expand off of it. Cutler for me fairly easily.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was never a huge Vick fan. I hope he didn't drop the soap, though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote