Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Players the Ravens have/will workout.

T.J. Lang

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...3&view=archive

Brandon Pettigrew

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,5069310.story

Lawrence Sidbury
Robert Ayers

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...9&view=archive

Chris Wells
Tyronne Green
Mike Teel

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...6&view=archive

Andre Brown

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...3&view=archive

Greg Toler

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...2&view=archive

Hakeem Nicks
Cornelius Ingram

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...9&view=archive

Kenny Britt
Pat White

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...8&view=archive

Louis Delmas

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...7&view=archive

Kevin Barnes

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...iting-broncos/

These are all the links I could find for now, but I know that Eben Britton, Alex Mack, Percy Harvin, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Sean Smith will/have worked out as well. Props to ravens24x7 and the guys that post over at FF.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 04-03-2009 at 09:02 AM.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, I've been lookin everywhere for this list. Thanks for posting it! +rep :)

glad we are working out WR's. It is far and away our #1 need for the first round and Darrius Heyward-Bey, Kenny Britt and Hakeem Nicks are all WR's that I'd love to have. I could live with Harvin as well.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it interesting that we have worked out 2 RB's, and both of them are power guys. A precursor to McGahee's future? I hope not.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I was actually kinda hoping we would consider a power back. Mainly because we haven't resigned Lorenzo Neal which means McClain may need to move back to FB. If that happens, then who's the power back for us? I'd be fine with Rice and McGahee but adding a power runner would be nice. Or we could just take Quinn Johnson late day 2 and keep McClain at RB. Johnson just flat out bulldozes linebackers and blows away puny DB's.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
No, I was actually kinda hoping we would consider a power back. Mainly because we haven't resigned Lorenzo Neal which means McClain may need to move back to FB. If that happens, then who's the power back for us? I'd be fine with Rice and McGahee but adding a power runner would be nice. Or we could just take Quinn Johnson late day 2 and keep McClain at RB. Johnson just flat out bulldozes linebackers and blows away puny DB's.
I just don't think that we would be willing to move McClain back to a primary lead-blocking role because of how good a weapon he was last year. I'd expect us to re-sign Neal or bring in another FB through the draft/FA before we take another RB.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah I agree, I'd rather us keep McClain at RB and draft a FB. But I still want McGahee to get more carries. McClain should be the starter during the november/december stretch. Thats when his style of running is at its best. McGahee should be the feature back for most of the season with Ray Rice in the 4th quarter. Throw in McClain at short yardage and goaline and its a perfect backfield.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

My favorite player for the Ravens in the draft, Brandon Pettigrew, visited Wednesday. Check the top of the first post for link.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
My favorite player for the Ravens in the draft, Brandon Pettigrew, visited Wednesday. Check the top of the first post for link.
I love Pettigrew, by far the most complete TE in this draft class and it's not even close. I highly doubt he falls to us but if he did I really hope we'd take him, he is a beast, no better word to describe him.

If I am correct and Pettigrew is long gone by our pick, I want Kenny Britt, there's a good chance he could be at our pick and he has really separated himself from Hakeem Nicks in my eyes. Britt just brings a physicality to the game that I don't think Nicks provides, not to mention Nicks has had an awful off-season and it has really turned me off to the idea of selecting him as a first round pick.

The guy is a physical specimen and if that homerun threat WR isn't there (DHB!!!!!) then we have to take Britt, he would be a great compliment to our smaller shiftier WR's in Clayton and Mason.

Last edited by ccB : 04-02-2009 at 09:05 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't think he will be there either, but my dream is that his position and less-than-overwhelming combine numbers drop him... but I doubt it. As for Britt, IDK about him. I just don't like him, and I've hear that he's not as physical when going for the ball as he's made out to be / looks like he should.

Right now my top 3 WR's are easily Crabtree, Maclin, and Heyward-Bey. I'm starting to think that DHB won't fall to us and the other 2 definetly won't. That would leave Harvin, Britt, and Nicks for potential 1st round WR's. I'd be happy with any one of them, but I'd still be wary of them at the same time. Hopefully Vontae Davis, Tyson Jackson, or Brandon Pettigrew would be on the board so we wouldn't have to worry about it...
Old 04-02-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On my WR rankings Britt has jumped Nicks and is right behind DHB, hence if DHB is gone I want Kenny Britt to be the guy at #26, more so than Pettigrew!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I've loved Britt ever since I watched some of his highlights. He's tough, physical, got great hands and gets good YAC as well. Also a willing blocker. Great attitude as well. I'd love him in Baltimore.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

T.J. Lang coming in for a visit.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I know very little on Lang, but I think he can be a very quality backup for us. Wouldn't mind him late.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Its getting down to crunch time and we have so much info on all these guys. I am just glad that I don't have Ozzie's job right now. Every year the data gets deeper and deeper. These guys all have so many talents and can add to our team but who is the perfect fit??
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote