Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Uhg, I disliked watchmen because it was TOO annoyingly line for line with the novel, at least the first half. Its like, why watch it if youve already read it and it just repeats every single line (but in... motion!)? Not my thing at all. No thanks.

Id rather watch something like Harry Potter and discuss and whine about the differences from the books than have nothing to talk about afterward besides "yea, he played the part well, i suppose."
To each his own. More times then not while watching the Harry Potter movies I wanted to gauge my eyes out and then burn off my ears. Even the new supposedly better ones didn't really do it for me.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
To each his own. More times then not while watching the Harry Potter movies I wanted to gauge my eyes out and then burn off my ears. Even the new supposedly better ones didn't really do it for me.
Same here! And I've never even opened one of the books~
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You think anyone knows that the entire manga (all 42 volumes from Goku first meeting Bulma up until Goku flies off with Uub) is really called just Dragonball and that Dragonball Z was just something made for television?
Oh and the manga dominates the animated series from start to finish. Even Dragonball KAI, which was supposed to be a lot closer to the manga by taking out the filler, disappointed me a little bit. They still had some filler in it. At least in the first episode that is.
Actually I didn't know that myself, I just knew that the story got boring and repetitive after the freeza saga ended.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uhg, i never said i liked them. I just said Id rather watch something like that than watch something that takes every single line from the source material.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uhg, i never said i liked them. I just said Id rather watch something like that than watch something that takes every single line from the source material.
But do you not agree that if Watchmen had strayed too far from the source material it would have been pretty ******* bad?

I was a big fan of Watchmen even though it was a very literal translation. While it doesn't work for every adaptation I think sticking so close to the source material greatly benefited Watchmen. Apparently it didn't help endear the movie to the general public though.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

the watchmen was great because it stuck so closely to the source material. They weren't going to improve the story and at best they could only reproduce the story with cool visuals, so that's what they did and I loved it.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But do you not agree that if Watchmen had strayed too far from the source material it would have been pretty ******* bad?

I was a big fan of Watchmen even though it was a very literal translation. While it doesn't work for every adaptation I think sticking so close to the source material greatly benefited Watchmen. Apparently it didn't help endear the movie to the general public though.
Youre assuming that it wasnt "pretty ******* bad" to begin with

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So sadly true...I thoroughly enjoyed it but I've heard so many "casual" movie watchers ***** up a storm......
Old 04-09-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Youre assuming that it wasnt "pretty ******* bad" to begin with
I personally loved the film so I don't assume it was pretty ******* bad to begin with but I did not feel that way about the movie. If you thought it was **** fine, I am just saying it would have been pretty horrible if it hadn't have stuck to the source material because it would have not been good in the eyes of people like you or in the eyes of people like me.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
So you see no possible middle ground between not paying any attention to the original story what so ever and not following it event for event? Or are you just trying to be dramatic.
Oh no, I definitely do. Just look at the first two X-Men movies as an example of how you don't need to follow comics line by line and still have an entertaining movie that still stays true to the spirit of the actual story.

But at the same time, I think Watchmen showed that staying event for event can be done.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:04 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So sadly true...I thoroughly enjoyed it but I've heard so many "casual" movie watchers ***** up a storm......
Unfortunately, the biggest complaint I've heard from people that didn't like it was the blue *****. I loved the movie, but seriously, anyone I know that doesn't like it, that's always the one damn reason.

"So did you like the storyline?"
"Yea, it was good."

"Did you like the visuals?"
Yea, they were awesome."

"So you didn't like the acting then."
"No, it was good."

"So what didn't you like then?"
"Too much blue dick!!"

Could people pick a stupider thing to focus on as a reason not to like a movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Actually I didn't know that myself, I just knew that the story got boring and repetitive after the freeza saga ended.
It does, but reading the manga will remedy so many annoyances if you were to proceed after the Freeza saga that way, instead of watching the cartoon with filler after filler.

I have all volumes from 26 up to 42. Or rather, "Dragonball Z" to make it simple. And after a long while, I find myself dusting off the manga books and rereading them again. And it is still interesting even to this day. Dragonball is also my all time favorite manga, so that might help too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-09-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It does, but reading the manga will remedy so many annoyances if you were to proceed after the Freeza saga that way, instead of watching the cartoon with filler after filler.

I have all volumes from 26 up to 42. Or rather, "Dragonball Z" to make it simple. And after a long while, I find myself dusting off the manga books and rereading them again. And it is still interesting even to this day. Dragonball is also my all time favorite manga, so that might help too.

It's a whole lot better than the show so far, one of the only mangas that can make me laugh (jap humor is sorta awkward sometimes).
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

I come bringing gifts, DBKai ep.2. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBJlZwKYoGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDOnIh4O9MQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7697mDA-TY
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Excellent. I'll have to watch it later though. Thanks.

That reminds me, although this is a great series, there are so many plot holes it's sad.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone played DBZ Burst Limit for 360? Any good? I love the demo.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Just downloaded the entire 3 CD box set of Shunsuke Kikuchi's original BGM score for Dragonball Z, which includes the film scores as well. So awesome. A lot better than Bruce Faulconer's score for the English dub. I wish they reused Shunsuke's score for Dragonball KAI instead of the new BGM they have. Oh well.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just downloaded the entire 3 CD box set of Shunsuke Kikuchi's original BGM score for Dragonball Z, which includes the film scores as well. So awesome. A lot better than Bruce Faulconer's score for the English dub. I wish they reused Shunsuke's score for Dragonball KAI instead of the new BGM they have. Oh well.

That reminds me....

5:47 is probably my favorite of all time.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
That reminds me....

5:47 is probably my favorite of all time.
Hahaha, yeah I've had that video favorited on my YouTube account for a while.

Oh my goodness that part at 5:47 is my favorite track as well and always has been out of all of Kikuchi's work for Dragonball. Well...except for one track maybe. For some reason I really like the opening prolouge for each episode of Dragonball. Basically at the beginning of each episode there is the "what happened last time on Dragonball" sequence that usually lasts a minute. Just like in the English version. But the original Japanese score for this is pure gold.

Kikuchi's score for this film really helps black out the major plot holes of the movie.

That reminds me, I was just thinking today of all the terrible English substitute names they used for the techniques. Like "Tri Beam", "Special Beam Cannon", "Solar Flare" or "Destructio Disk". So sad.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the Dragonball movie yesterday, and I didnt think it was terrible. I read nothing but bad reviews, so I didnt expect much, but it was not that bad to me. Of course it wasnt as sweet as the tv show, and I didnt start with dragonball z until around the freiza saga, so how close it followed...idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Piccolo used to be so cool, It's terrible how all of OG characters were made useless by the second half of DBZ.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Piccolo used to be so cool, It's terrible how all of OG characters were made useless by the second half of DBZ.
Its all about the Sayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Its all about the Sayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.
"Look Vegeta, its a pokemon."

"I'm not a pokemon, I'm Choutsu, Choutsu!!!"

"Look Vegeta, its a Choutsu".
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Its all about the Gayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.

fixed :10 chars:
Old 04-17-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
fixed :10 chars:
The DB enemies were lame as ****. No idea why youre so enamored with scrubs like Choutsu, Yamcha, Tien etc etc. Those guys were weak & boring.

Though I guess I also find you rather lame & boring, so it fits !
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote