Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alfredo Simon left early in the game due to shoulder discomfort, if he ends up on the DL I really hope we bring up Brad Bergensen, inject some youth in the starting rotation.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Even if you did I didn't see them. Also I love your sig and I would be jealous but my sig is awesome as well ;)
Your sig is awesome as well, Adam Jones is my favorite Oriole!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be at the game tonight fellas, T Shirt Tuesday (KOJI!) + Brad Bergensen's first start = WIN! (unless Bergensen sucks, then it's only half win)
Old 05-01-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pie is batting horrible, I thought he was going to do a lot better.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea that is why we need some more Montanez!!!!!
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea that is why we need some Reimold!!!!!
fixed it for you.

At AAA Reimold is currently batting .408 7 HR 22 RBI .482 OBP .775 slug 1.257 OPS
That is a sick line, it's time we give Nolan his shot at the big leagues.

In reality, Montanez isn't fairing much better at the plate than Pie, albeit in less AB's. I'd rather give playing time to Pie than Montanez, he's younger and has better physical tools. He'd be a better 4th OF than Montanez when we bring up Reimold, since Pie can play any of the 3 OF positions. Montanez and Reimold are too similar to keep both on the roster at the same time.

Even with Pie underperforming I think the club gives him until at least mid-June to start improving his approach at the plate. He is out of options so we can't send him down to AAA without subjecting him to waivers and risk losing him to another team. We knew he was a project when we traded for him. Pie has nothing left to prove at the minor league levels, and his numbers show that, he needs Major League playing time if he is ever going to develop, so that's what he's getting.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Went to the game tonight, Adam Jones is a superstar, there is nothing more you can say.

Also the Orioles are 6-1 when I am in attendance, someone from the front office needs to hook me up with some season tickets, I am a good luck charm!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can only imagine how rock solid our team would be with some AVERAGE starting pitching........i think our staff is pathetic. Koji and Jeremy are decent, but they are Number 3 and 4 starters at best, not 1 and 2. Our front office really needs to do something about our pitching cause i dont see any help in our farm system coming anytime soon

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
I can only imagine how rock solid our team would be with some AVERAGE starting pitching........i think our staff is pathetic. Koji and Jeremy are decent, but they are Number 3 and 4 starters at best, not 1 and 2. Our front office really needs to do something about our pitching cause i dont see any help in our farm system coming anytime soon
Well, Rich Hill should be added to the rotation soon, which will move Hendrickson to the bullpen. He's no ace but I think he's a solid #3. I mean we have one of the best groups of young pitching prospects in the league, we just have to sit and wait for them to come up. Guys like Chris Tillman, and Troy Patton should be up by the all star break. Tillman has #1 starter potential but I think he will level out to be a great #2. We all should pray everynight that Brian Matusz develops, IMO the guy has legit ACE Potential.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Well, Rich Hill should be added to the rotation soon, which will move Hendrickson to the bullpen. He's no ace but I think he's a solid #3. I mean we have one of the best groups of young pitching prospects in the league, we just have to sit and wait for them to come up. Guys like Chris Tillman, and Troy Patton should be up by the all star break. Tillman has #1 starter potential but I think he will level out to be a great #2. We all should pray everynight that Brian Matusz develops, IMO the guy has legit ACE Potential.
I really like Brian Matusz, I feel like he is one guy in our farm system that can be an ace in the future.
I guess im kinda tired of years of losing with false hopes (hayden penn, daniel cabrera, etc). I guess it shows up more because our hitting is actually really good now but we dont see any benefits from it because of our pitching

Go Ravens!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well we have a lot of promising arms down there with tillman, arieta, patton, hernandez, and matsuz...

bergesen is doing decent for us... i think we'll be alright in a year or 2.... or 9

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
well we have a lot of promising arms down there with tillman, arieta, patton, hernandez, and matsuz...

bergesen is doing decent for us... i think we'll be alright in a year or 2.... or 9
I think Bergesen can be a solid #5 pitcher, it's just too bad he is our 3rd best pitcher at the moment.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will see how he pitches tonight.

JW who do you all think is better? Markakis or Jones? Looking at there stats they are pretty darn even.

. N Markakis
BAL OF 33 126 33 44 11 0 6 30 73 17 15 1 1 .429 .579 .349
4. A Jones
BAL OF 31 124 35 45 12 1 8 25 83 10 25 3 2 .420 .669 .363
Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We will see how he pitches tonight.

JW who do you all think is better? Markakis or Jones? Looking at there stats they are pretty darn even.

. N Markakis
BAL OF 33 126 33 44 11 0 6 30 73 17 15 1 1 .429 .579 .349
4. A Jones
BAL OF 31 124 35 45 12 1 8 25 83 10 25 3 2 .420 .669 .363
IDC who's better, they're both on my fantasy team! :D
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think when its all said and done after this season... markakis will have the better stats, both offensively and defensively...

jones is playing great now, but markakis has just been so consistent that its hard to bet against him

Old 05-13-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I agree, Markakis is a notoriously slow starter and this year he came out on a tear, so he should be pretty consistant throughout the entire season.

Jones on the other hand is red hot now, but I expect some slumps throughout the season, when all is said and done I think both will have great years.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

nolan reimold got called up!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup CCB told me he was going to be.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 05-26-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

They were interviewing some guy today during the game and he said Wieters will be up Friday. I think it was the Owner

John Wall
Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They were interviewing some guy today during the game and he said Wieters will be up Friday. I think it was the Owner
It was the General Manager Andy McPhail, I just bought tickets.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

The future is now. OMG our farm system is stacked plus Jones,Markakis are studs. Reimold is looking good. Wieters can be a stud catcher,
Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
The future is now. OMG our farm system is stacked plus Jones,Markakis are studs. Reimold is looking good. Wieters can be a stud catcher,
Thanks for stating the obvious

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

just making sure we are all on the same page :):):):)
Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
It was the General Manager Andy McPhail, I just bought tickets.
OMGGGGGGGGGG
so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Ravens!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

It also looks like David Hernandez will be starting thursday. Eventhough I think in the long run he will end up in the bullpen I am excited to see him start, the guy is a strikeout machine.