Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-06-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Madison over all those others? (Boston, DC,Chicago that I've been to) There are definitely things to like about Mad town, but I don't see how it could be #1

not to hate, just don't think Madison is THAT great

I went to school there and will put my college experience against ANYONES and that alone made it the best city for me. It will always have a soft spot in my heart and will always be my favorite place to go back and visit.

The Student Union, right on the lake, and it sells beer
State Street
Camp Randall football games
The KK

All of it is absolutely great.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I'm definitely seeing that. I bought a few of the Rick Steves books and I think we have a good itinerary charted out. Any of the following that should be crossed off?

-The Louvre
-Orsay
-Versailles
-Notre Dame
-Napoleon's Tomb
-Champs Elysses
-Eiffel Tower
No, absolutely not. Champs Elysses is meh if you dont like shopping, but I assume your including the arc in that part of your itinerary.

Some others:

Saint Chapelle is a cant miss........the stained glass is absolutely amazing

The Rodin Museum.......sculpture mainly and has the Thinker

Musee l'Orangerie........some good stuff

The Picasso Museum.......I'm not a Picasso guy, but its a nice collection

Seriously tho......its going to be tough doing all that if you are a museum guy......I spent a good 3 days in the Louvre and didnt really feel like I saw it all, the place is amazing.

And I know some night spots, but night life is generally expensive in Paris.......there are a few cheap spots tho. I usually just bought beers at stands and snuck them into bars......buy one beer at the place and keep filling it under the table.

Last edited by Rob S : 04-06-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm discounting places like Detroit, Dallas, Houston and several other cities that I wasn't in for more than a few days so can't formulate a good opinion on them
Both of those, especially Dallas, aren't tourist friendly but rather better suited for living as opposed to visiting.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashville is great, I grew up in the area.

but other places include:

Las Vegas
Charleston, SC
Nassau, Bahamas
Chicago

And I want to go to Los Angeles and NYC.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Christopher Hitchens
Rookie

Christopher Hitchens hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone who lives in a 'city' is obviously intellectually inferior to myself. I live in the country and raise a prized breed of Shetland Pony's. Therefore you city folk are lacking in brain capacity.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Hitchens View Post
Anyone who lives in a 'city' is obviously intellectually inferior to myself. I live in the country and raise a prized breed of Shetland Pony's. Therefore you city folk are lacking in brain capacity.
Your spelling of the word "ponies" clearly demonstrates your superior intelligence.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Christopher Hitchens
Rookie

Christopher Hitchens hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Your spelling of the word "ponies" clearly demonstrates your superior intelligence.
Obviously you missed the implied meaning of the word pony. Your mere correction shows the lack of intelligent argument but instead a failed attempt at elementary correction. You sir fail at life.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:29 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm definitely seeing that. I bought a few of the Rick Steves books and I think we have a good itinerary charted out. Any of the following that should be crossed off?

-The Louvre
-Orsay
-Versailles
-Notre Dame
-Napoleon's Tomb
-Champs Elysses
-Eiffel Tower
Never been to Paris but studied French for years and a couple of places that you should think about adding(IMO) are:

Montmartre and The Sacre Couer
Latin Quarter
Sainte-Chappelle
The Pantheon
Pere Lachaise

Seems like you got a pretty full itinerary anyway but those were some of the places that seemed the most interesting to me in my studies. Oh ya, and while you are in Nice you might want to go to Cannes and Monaco which are both relatively close.

I need to go to France ASAP.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thankfully because of work I've had the opportunity to do quite a bit of traveling. That being said:

1). Madison, WI
2). Chicago
3). San Francisco
4). Cabo-Best place in Mexico, by far and I've been to 6 other destination cities
5a). NYC
5b). Washington DC
6). Boston
7). Minneapolis-To the person that said there's nothing to do there, they obviously were there during the winter and didn't go out at nights
8). Munich
9). Montego Bay, Jamaica
10). Puerto Vallarta
11). Miami
12). Cancun
13). Atlanta
14). Philadelphia-I wragged on it before, but now that I'm no longer living in Center City and going there every week, I admit, I miss it...
15). Denver

Worst Cities:
1). Heidelberg, Germany-Nothing to do, don't accept credit cards, which is annoying
2). Mazaltan-Never been more happy to come home from Spring Break
3). Newark-Yikes
4). LA
5). Frankfurt

I'm discounting places like Detroit, Dallas, Houston and several other cities that I wasn't in for more than a few days so can't formulate a good opinion on them.

PS: Going to Paris and Nice this summer with the girlfriend. Any recommendations? Basically doing all the standard tourist stuff in Paris for 5 days and then spending 4 days in Nice. Plan on taking a boat cruise to St. Tropez if its worth it...
ha frankfurt is pretty horrible. what didnt u like?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Never been to Paris but studied French for years and a couple of places that you should think about adding(IMO) are:

Montmartre and The Sacre Couer
Latin Quarter
Sainte-Chappelle
The Pantheon
Pere Lachaise

Seems like you got a pretty full itinerary anyway but those were some of the places that seemed the most interesting to me in my studies. Oh ya, and while you are in Nice you might want to go to Cannes and Monaco which are both relatively close.

I need to go to France ASAP.

Oh man how did I forget Sacre Couer........an absolute must.

Pantheon is cool too.....it was a little expensive tho if I remember correctly. The Latin Quarter is cool for walking around and cheap eats.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thankfully because of work I've had the opportunity to do quite a bit of traveling. That being said:

1). Madison, WI
2). Chicago
3). San Francisco
4). Cabo-Best place in Mexico, by far and I've been to 6 other destination cities
5a). NYC
5b). Washington DC
6). Boston
7). Minneapolis-To the person that said there's nothing to do there, they obviously were there during the winter and didn't go out at nights
8). Munich
9). Montego Bay, Jamaica
10). Puerto Vallarta
11). Miami
12). Cancun
13). Atlanta
14). Philadelphia-I wragged on it before, but now that I'm no longer living in Center City and going there every week, I admit, I miss it...
15). Denver

Worst Cities:
1). Heidelberg, Germany-Nothing to do, don't accept credit cards, which is annoying
2). Mazaltan-Never been more happy to come home from Spring Break
3). Newark-Yikes
4). LA
5). Frankfurt

I'm discounting places like Detroit, Dallas, Houston and several other cities that I wasn't in for more than a few days so can't formulate a good opinion on them.

PS: Going to Paris and Nice this summer with the girlfriend. Any recommendations? Basically doing all the standard tourist stuff in Paris for 5 days and then spending 4 days in Nice. Plan on taking a boat cruise to St. Tropez if its worth it...
Miami at 11? I live in Chicago and It's an awesome city but there is no way that Chicago is better than Miami.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I like Capetown the best.
CT is alright...

little sketch, but the entire area surrounding it, stellenbosch is gorgeous, a cyclists paradise... and the beaches are top notch... cape is like rio only more english speaking and less nuts...

on chicago: if you really dive into what chicago is, there's more sustenance than miami, the true amalgam of cultures makes chicago wonderful... and besides, it's like new york without all the douchebaggery...

i will admit the el sucks, the cta in general sucks, but part of that is due to the inability of mayor richard j. daley to actually tax people to use city streets to cut down on congestion and make them want to use our great public transportation services that we could have instead of cutting routes because everyone is driving.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 04-07-2009 at 12:39 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you ski you can't top Park City. but I don't so here is my top 2 (i am 17, don't travel a lot):
1. Seattle
2. Portland

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I went to school there and will put my college experience against ANYONES and that alone made it the best city for me. It will always have a soft spot in my heart and will always be my favorite place to go back and visit.

The Student Union, right on the lake, and it sells beer
State Street
Camp Randall football games
The KK

All of it is absolutely great.
yeah, i lived in Madison for 2 years while my wife got her masters at UW. very very very cool city. such an atmosphere, and the student union in summer is tough to beat. we just went there randomly and knew we'd run into people we knew.

also, The Great Dane is the greatest bar in the history of the world.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
CT is alright...
Have you been surfing yet? I have always wanted to surf in Capetown. I hear that Hout Bay has some ridiculous waves.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
if you ski you can't top Park City. but I don't so here is my top 2 (i am 17, don't travel a lot):
1. Seattle
2. Portland
Seattle is a great city, I love going there and just hanging out around the city. Plus it's so green there, as well as they have phenomenal Sushi restaurants.