Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poker is starting to piss me off. lol I get an ace high flush and lose to a full house. Then I get a two pair and lose to a guy that has a two pair but two cards higher than mine. grrrrrrr I swear, poker is out to get me or something. I just cant win a pot during the last three days.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Poker is starting to piss me off. lol I get an ace high flush and lose to a full house. Then I get a two pair and lose to a guy that has a two pair but two cards higher than mine. grrrrrrr I swear, poker is out to get me or something. I just cant win a pot during the last three days.
I was like that..for a month. I got away from the game for a month and won my first tourney back.

Just get away for a while.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Down to 6. Barry and Thor are out..

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7262
Old 06-28-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
I was like that..for a month. I got away from the game for a month and won my first tourney back.

Just get away for a while.
I have lost like $200 in 3 days. I am going to stop forever. I just lost the last of my money by going all in with pocket fives. Someone calls me with 7,8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand these people. He then pulls a straight out of his ass. Oh, I also got another 5 on the flop.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 06-28-2007 at 06:34 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have lost like $200 in 3 days. I am going to stop forever. I just lost the last of my money by going all in with pocket fives. Someone calls me with 7,8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand these people. He then pulls a straight out of his ass. Oh, I also got another 5 on the flop.

Either you have terrible instincts and the ability to read hands or the Poker Gods hate you. Either way stay away from the game and make peace with the Gods quickly.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Either you have terrible instincts and the ability to read hands or the Poker Gods hate you. Either way stay away from the game and make peace with the Gods quickly.
I always hated the saying poker gods.

I guess its because i'm catholic.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Its a little harder to read players since its online but maybe I should fold everytime I have a pocket pair. Everytime I had pocket aces, pocket kings, or pocket queens I lost and it was usually because someone decided to call $15 with one card left on a draw and they usually got it. Either these people that are at the table have a ton of money and dont care if they lose $15 or they are incredibly lucky. I can see the guy raising when I had an ace high flush and he had a full house but all the other calls were with nothing. The guy that beat me with a full boat had 4 other full houses in the next 2 hours of playing. He even said that I was the second person he beat in 30 minutes that had an ace high flush. Maybe I will just stick to playing in person and not online.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Tran out, 4 left.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7262
Old 06-29-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, you're running bad and playing bad. Take the weekend off and just relax. Don't think about poker. When you get back to it, play slower. Not necessarily your style, just how you think. Pocket 5's is a good hand, but going all in? Come on! Probably best case, you're in a coin flip for all of your money. Worst case, you're a 4:1 dog. You're getting unlucky and also playing too aggressively and not thinking enough about the holdings of other people. You have to slow down in terms of your thinking/aggressiveness and think things out better.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Deeb gets the bracelet.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Looks like Deeb gets the bracelet.
Nice another "well known" pro won.

Hellmuth is at another final table.

Thus is probably his best WSOP Has he cashed more before?

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7268

Last edited by Acreboy : 06-29-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Dude, you're running bad and playing bad. Take the weekend off and just relax. Don't think about poker. When you get back to it, play slower. Not necessarily your style, just how you think. Pocket 5's is a good hand, but going all in? Come on! Probably best case, you're in a coin flip for all of your money. Worst case, you're a 4:1 dog. You're getting unlucky and also playing too aggressively and not thinking enough about the holdings of other people. You have to slow down in terms of your thinking/aggressiveness and think things out better.
I know, I tried doing that and playing a lot slower but I couldnt buy a hand. I was gradually losing my money from all the blinds and everytime I tried to bluff and steal the blinds someone would raise me and force me to fold. I started with $100 and when I got pocket 5's and went all in I only had $5 left. I dont know if this is deja vu but I noticed that every time I was big blind and had a crappy hand someone would raise before the flop. All I want to do is see the flop with my crappy hand but no one would let me. They would rarely raise before the flop too but when they did I was usually small or big blind.
The thing that is keeping me happy is that I wasnt one of the thousands of people that lost $10,000 by entering the WSOP. At least I only lost $200. I guess thinking of other people's misfortune is making me happy. lol

Last edited by jayceheathman : 06-29-2007 at 10:42 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

I'm hating poker right now.

I play on pokerstars.net (fake money) because i'm only 20. and i've lost over 400k in 3 days. I mean I raise 5k and 6 people call. I have 2-2 and make a set on the river only to get beaten by a flush. The guy had Q-6, WTF?

Just a bunch of bad beats but I never put my money in with the worst hand that's whats pissing me off.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm hating poker right now.

I play on pokerstars.net (fake money) because i'm only 20. and i've lost over 400k in 3 days. I mean I raise 5k and 6 people call. I have 2-2 and make a set on the river only to get beaten by a flush. The guy had Q-6, WTF?

Just a bunch of bad beats but I never put my money in with the worst hand that's whats pissing me off.
Ahhh.......internet poker. In fact I may jump on pokerstars right now.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Just had K-8 and flopped 2 pair someone made a better 2 pair with A-8.

it never ends.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:

it never ends.
You got to know when to hold em, know when fold em, know when to walk away, and know how to run........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-01-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You got to know when to hold em, know when fold em, know when to walk away, and know how to run........
Thanks you!

Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Just won back a little over 200k. Feeling good so far.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just won back a little over 200k. Feeling good so far.
Do you play on tables or in the sit-n-goes?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-01-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Why would you go all-in preflop with 55?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do you play on tables or in the sit-n-goes?
Both, tables right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Why would you go all-in preflop with 55?
Short stacked.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:

it never ends.
I know how you feel and it sucks when that happens. I had two pair with 10,8 and lost to a two pair with Queen, 8.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can't play poker for fake money because people rarely make serious moves with it knowing there is no consequence. I play 2-4 NL and when people are committed to paying at least 4 dollars to see a hand you rarely get the jerkoffs who play suited 2-5 hoping for the straight flush
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
i can't play poker for fake money because people rarely make serious moves with it knowing there is no consequence. I play 2-4 NL and when people are committed to paying at least 4 dollars to see a hand you rarely get the jerkoffs who play suited 2-5 hoping for the straight flush
I plan on doing that Sept. 27th 2007
Old 07-01-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I plan on doing that Sept. 27th 2007
Where are you from? All the casinos here are indian casinos and allow 18+ to gamble
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote