Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Yeah, I don't know Metsox. If I have AK and the flop comes AKK, I'm not ever letting that hand go. Ever. I would pay it off every single time. No getting away from that. The guy could be a donkey playing AQ just like he had AA.
I'm not saying he should have let it go, i'm just saying that pre-flop he could have had the inkling that dj had AA. Of course it's tough as hell, and no one would have made the lay down, but you always have to wonder what the other guy has.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm not saying he should have let it go, i'm just saying that pre-flop he could have had the inkling that dj had AA. Of course it's tough as hell, and no one would have made the lay down, but you always have to wonder what the other guy has.
Yeah, I see what you're saying about pre-flop. The early limp and then re-raise is a dead giveaway of a big hand.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a story similar to dj's.

I was playing at a home cash game, and i had, for the most part, cleaned the table up. I bought in with 15, and i was leaving with 65. Well there was this one guy who i really don't like at all, he's extremely annoying and he thinks he's the greatest player lyke everz. So after i drop his stack below the table average, he buys in for 45 more dollars. I'm telling everyone i'm leaving already, and i'm stacking up my chips so i can count them to leave, thing is, dealer dealt me a hand. I say what the hay, i'll play one more hand. Everyone was fine with it, so i look down to two red 6's. I was first to act so i make a small raise, just enough to get some people out of the hand, you know, maybe just bully the big blind. So this guy i don't like calls my raise. Mind you he's an over aggressive **** and thinks that no one else is willing to risk their stack to play a hand against him. So flop comes 6 6 K. Hoping he caught that K, i check to him. He bets the pot, and i call. Turn card is a nothing, and again i check to him. He bets the pot again and i call. River is an A, and at this point i'm hoping he caught either the K or the A or both. I wasn't gonna be willing to risk checking to him again and not getting anything out of him, so i bet out, and after a while he pushes all in. I insta-called him and showed him the nuts. He was kinda in disbelief, and i was laughing my ass off inside.

I left that night extremely happy. Not so much because of the money, but because i completely pwned that tool.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I have a story similar to dj's.

I was playing at a home cash game, and i had, for the most part, cleaned the table up. I bought in with 15, and i was leaving with 65. Well there was this one guy who i really don't like at all, he's extremely annoying and he thinks he's the greatest player lyke everz. So after i drop his stack below the table average, he buys in for 45 more dollars. I'm telling everyone i'm leaving already, and i'm stacking up my chips so i can count them to leave, thing is, dealer dealt me a hand. I say what the hay, i'll play one more hand. Everyone was fine with it, so i look down to two red 6's. I was first to act so i make a small raise, just enough to get some people out of the hand, you know, maybe just bully the big blind. So this guy i don't like calls my raise. Mind you he's an over aggressive **** and thinks that no one else is willing to risk their stack to play a hand against him. So flop comes 6 6 K. Hoping he caught that K, i check to him. He bets the pot, and i call. Turn card is a nothing, and again i check to him. He bets the pot again and i call. River is an A, and at this point i'm hoping he caught either the K or the A or both. I wasn't gonna be willing to risk checking to him again and not getting anything out of him, so i bet out, and after a while he pushes all in. I insta-called him and showed him the nuts. He was kinda in disbelief, and i was laughing my ass off inside.

I left that night extremely happy. Not so much because of the money, but because i completely pwned that tool.
What did the other guy have? I have been getting unluckly the last few months so I have taken a little break from poker. I have got into betting on games and Hollywood award shows. I won $121 on the Golden Globes. :)
Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
What did the other guy have? I have been getting unluckly the last few months so I have taken a little break from poker. I have got into betting on games and Hollywood award shows. I won $121 on the Golden Globes. :)
Big Slick.

Also, i'd prefer to play poker as a form of gambling over pretty much anything else. I was thinking to myself that i could make a business out of insuring poker hands.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm contemplating ending my Full Tilt account over rake back. For those of you who currently play for money online, rake back is a program that you sign up for that refunds a portion (23-33%) of the money raked at cash tables (and often tournaments). Cake Poker does a 33% rake back, while Full Tilt does 27%. The trick is that Full Tilt doesn't give rake back for players who signed up without it. I went to www.raketherake.com and tried to get my account registered for rake back, but FT is pretty stingy about offering it to existing players. If I'm not getting it, I'm going to switch away.

Essentially, if you use rake back and are a break-even player, you still earn extra money to add to your roll. Obviously, the higher stakes and more hands you see, the better the rake back. The beauty of many of these programs is that you get a portion of the table rake. So, if you just sit and fold, you get an equal share of the rake from every hand you're dealt. Tournaments are less profitable in this way because you only get a portion of the entry fee (so 27% of every dollar in fees goes back to your rake back).

If you're signing up now to play online for money, definitely sign up through a rake site. It's worth it. If you're already playing, try to get on a program. It's a big deal.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm contemplating ending my Full Tilt account over rake back. For those of you who currently play for money online, rake back is a program that you sign up for that refunds a portion (23-33%) of the money raked at cash tables (and often tournaments). Cake Poker does a 33% rake back, while Full Tilt does 27%. The trick is that Full Tilt doesn't give rake back for players who signed up without it. I went to www.raketherake.com and tried to get my account registered for rake back, but FT is pretty stingy about offering it to existing players. If I'm not getting it, I'm going to switch away.

Essentially, if you use rake back and are a break-even player, you still earn extra money to add to your roll. Obviously, the higher stakes and more hands you see, the better the rake back. The beauty of many of these programs is that you get a portion of the table rake. So, if you just sit and fold, you get an equal share of the rake from every hand you're dealt. Tournaments are less profitable in this way because you only get a portion of the entry fee (so 27% of every dollar in fees goes back to your rake back).

If you're signing up now to play online for money, definitely sign up through a rake site. It's worth it. If you're already playing, try to get on a program. It's a big deal.
Check out www.thisisthenuts.com also at least for comparison, not sure if it's better but TITN works for me. Rakeback is definitely awesome though, especially for people that play consistently. Some friends of mine use it for high-stakes cash games where they play 16 tables at a time and the rakeback is huge they make a ton of money off of it. There's really no reason to play online without using a rakeback site, there's absolutely no downside.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a low limit grinder. Trying to turn $100 into a real roll. Started off with $2 SNG's, and I'm up to $5 now. Also play some 5/10 cent NLHE (usually capped). I estimate I've missed out on $75-100 in rakeback over the last 4-5 months, even at those low stakes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching this episode of PAD and Patrik Antonius is just a badass.

That is one guy who is not afraid to throw the chips around with any 2 cards
Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I'm watching this episode of PAD and Patrik Antonius is just a badass.

That is one guy who is not afraid to throw the chips around with any 2 cards
I had all the episodes DVRd and i deleted them recently because i didn't think anyone interesting was playing.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If it's a high stakes game with top pros, it is usually interesting. I happen to think they should just make it a cash game and capitalize on that. High Stakes Poker is a vastly superior product to PAD, IMO.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Speaking of which, new episodes of High Stakes are back 3/1. I'm pretty damn excited.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I agree that they should turn it into a cash game. They have pretty much every other concept of the cash game outside of straight blinds and winner take all.

There was a week where they did host a cash game, and all the top pros went to play. That was an awesome week.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Yes, it was also widely watched and enjoyed by the masses. Stupid that they don't do it more often.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cash games are much better for TV than tournaments. With tournaments, it's just "showdown" poker usually with just 2 players, one of them all-in. It becomes kind of lame at that point. Cash games have the huge advantage that you can really watch and study the way they play hands. It's just a much more pure form of poker and that translates much better to television.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, i'm getting a little tired of the themes they try to do with their crappy 6-man tournament. Phil Ivey needs to play a lot more often. I'm tired of seeing Mike Matusow get pwned.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week is a cash game

Kaplan, Antonius, Lederer, Elezra, Brunson, and Tiller

Good stuff.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I like it quite a bit. I wish they had better commentary on PAD, but again, that's why I prefer Kaplan and HSP.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I like it quite a bit. I wish they had better commentary on PAD, but again, that's why I prefer Kaplan and HSP.
I enjoy the limited commentary.. gives you a better feel of how the players are going about themselves.. for example there was a hand Monday where Tiller bluffed Lederer and showed it, then he said something like "let me win this one and I'll win the next one" and Lederer folded and Tiller showed.

Then a couple nights later (I realize they just play it consecutively and the show is broken up into pieces), Tiller had a boat on the flop said the same thing during a hand with Elezra because he knew Elezra had heard him say his line earlier, but Elezra didn't bite and folded his hand after some major preflop raising going on.

Then they had like a 3-4 minute talk on why that should have worked etc etc

I just thought it was interesting.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

nvm figured it out

Last edited by djp : 05-27-2009 at 12:03 AM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. Anybody here play somewhere (obviously not for money given the current situation)?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually thinking of starting a thread. I've played mostly cash games in AC.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring back Full Tilt. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Bring back Full Tilt. :(
I think I read that Poker Stars bought it, or incorporated it or something. Apparently it's still very big outside of the US.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you guys participated in those AC $65 tournaments? How many people usually participate?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote