Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Negreneu had a fantastic WSOP in 2006. He was way up. Cunningham was player of the year. Ivey was a little off this year, but he is a winning player, point blank.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say what you want about Negreneu, but he always brings the goods. His poker mind is fantastic. You don't have to like him, but you have to respect his skills and winning.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-07-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Say what you want about Negreneu, but he always brings the goods. His poker mind is fantastic. You don't have to like him, but you have to respect his skills and winning.
Ivey is who I would like to focus my kind of game around but Negreanu is awesome to watch. I haven't seen a mind like his since Stu Unger and thats saying a lot...
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unger OD'ed right?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Unger OD'ed right?
Yeah, it was a huge shame.

After all he won he died with $800 to his name.

His daughter never new that Stu played every tourney with a pic of her at the table.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Unger was a poker tragedy, but addictive personalities and genius often get attracted to the wrong things. Dude won millions in poker and gave it all away with drugs...

Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

There is a movie about him it always comes on HBO called the Stu Ungar story. The guy from the Sopranos plays him in it. I have every WSOP ever on dvd so ive watched him play a ton of times.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

I mean in 97 he was broke, a friend loaned him 10K to enter the ME and he blew everyone away to win his 3rd ME. That will never be done again.

The only one's who could tie Unger would be Chan and Doyle I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
There is a movie about him it always comes on HBO called the Stu Ungar story. The guy from the Sopranos plays him in it. I have every WSOP ever on dvd so ive watched him play a ton of times.
Where can I get that DVD?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Unger won the ME 3 times, but he did it in fields of 300 or less. Chan and Doyle did the same. With the large fields out there now, it is virtually impossible to win back to back.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
I mean in 97 he was broke, a friend loaned him 10K to enter the ME and he blew everyone away to win his 3rd ME. That will never be done again.

The only one's who could tie Unger would be Chan and Doyle I believe.

Where can I get that DVD?
I rented it from Blockbuster when it first came out, I'm not sure if they would still have it to rent. It's a great movie, Michael Imperioli was the absolute perfect cast job.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm sure you can also find it on Amazon.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Unger won the ME 3 times, but he did it in fields of 300 or less. Chan and Doyle did the same. With the large fields out there now, it is virtually impossible to win back to back.
I believe Raymer would have done it in '05 if kanter doesn't hit his "miracle" flush on the river...

He went out in 14th that year I believe and would have been a big chip leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
I rented it from Blockbuster when it first came out, I'm not sure if they would still have it to rent. It's a great movie, Michael Imperioli was the absolute perfect cast job.
Where would I get every WSOP ME on DVD?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Raymer would have had a chance. He finished between 24-27. If he hit that card, he'd still be a medium stack, but he would have had a chance. The way Hachem played, he was the best player on the final day. Raymer played well, but he didn't get as lucky.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Raymer would have had a chance. He finished between 24-27. If he hit that card, he'd still be a medium stack, but he would have had a chance. The way Hachem played, he was the best player on the final day. Raymer played well, but he didn't get as lucky.
No, Hachem got lucky with his Q-7 and survived his all-in.

After that things got rolling. before that he was the 2nd shortest stack I believe.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Is your question where can you get every wsop on dvd or the ungar movie on dvd?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Every WSOP

I'd love to study Stu's game better.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Every WSOP
Bump......
Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am back from AC. Donkeys galore. I have plenty of stories of idiocy. My gf won $350 playing 5 hours at the $1/$2 tables. My friend Mark won $800, my friend Christian took home $500, and my buddy Tony won $2100 playing 27 hours of $1/$2 at Trop, Caesar's, Taj, and Showboat.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I beat a flush with a diamond studdard straight flush once. It was party poker

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
I beat a flush with a diamond studdard straight flush once. It was party poker

I once mocked 2 4 suited before the flop. Turns out, had I stayed in the hand I would've made the straight flush, and there were A LOT of action and money in that hand.

This was about 2 years ago, and I'm still not over it.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
I once mocked 2 4 suited before the flop. Turns out, had I stayed in the hand I would've made the straight flush, and there were A LOT of action and money in that hand.

This was about 2 years ago, and I'm still not over it.
I hate when that kind of stuff happens.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
I hate when that kind of stuff happens.
Yeah, I'm a conservative player and lay down a lot of hands, so stuff like that happens often to me.

But that one hurt MUCH more then all others.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

can't wait to hear the stories.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a conservative player and lay down a lot of hands, so stuff like that happens often to me.

But that one hurt MUCH more then all others.
I go in with anything that can possibly hold a straight or flush. But it depends on what the blinds are. Cause you can have a 2 and 4 in your hand then to your surprise two fours come on the flop.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I finished 171 out of 530 (give or take) at the WSOP Circuit. I didn't see any top top pros, but it was easy to tell who the good players were. I was pretty sure I wasn't giving off many tells, and I was doing my best to stay very consistent. I got outflopped a lot, but I made some good laydowns. Doubled up very early when I flopped 2 pair with Q-J against a guy who had A-Q (he pushed, and I had to call). Made some good plays, but the blinds caught up to me. I lasted 7 hours with a $4000 starting chip stack. Busted when I tried to steal with A-9 and was pot committed against a big stack with A-K...