Southeast 12 7.64%
Northeast 43 27.39%
I'm not from America, asshole 26 16.56%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I never heard anyone refer to food from the USA as anything else as junk food, what's your point?
Tex-Mex, BBQ and Americana (burgers/fried chicken/etc), are all American foods. But what of American food do you see in Europe? Fast food chains and, in London, that "Republic of Texas" restaurant which, by the way, was complete ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never really considered west virginia to be in the south

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
never really considered west virginia to be in the south
I wouldn't consider it in the north. If you think about it the state itself shares more similarities with the southern states than the northern ones. Mass, Conn, NY, NJ, etc. are all very alike and WV is nothing like them.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami so SE, but I lived most of my life in NY.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
From the burbs of Vancouver. Close enough to the border that I could be considered West, but I didn't. Big whoop! Wanna fight about it?!
I'm practically northeast, 40 min from the border, not quite as close as Gonzo though.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Miami so SE, but I lived most of my life in NY.
Miami is the best city ever!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Miami is the best city ever!
I got to agree I like it much better than my suburbia in Queens, NYC. Maybe, I like it better because I am older and can enjoy it better, but with all that I've done if I go back to Queens I'll be like the king over there.

Beaches, Bitches, Nice Cars, Nice houses, um what else do we need in life? Food? we got that too, NY pizza 1000000000000x better though :(

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got to agree I like it much better than my suburbia in Queens, NYC. Maybe, I like it better because I am older and can enjoy it better, but with all that I've done if I go back to Queens I'll be like the king over there.

Beaches, Bitches, Nice Cars, Nice houses, um what else do we need in life? Food? we got that too, NY pizza 1000000000000x better though :(
You got a bit of an ego, huh? ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
You got a bit of an ego, huh? ;)
Lol, I guess so :D

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Connecticut, so Northeast.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I thought you were 14.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I thought you were 14.
Exactly...

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-07-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought you were 14.
Didn't you ever hear his stories about how he goes clubbing at 14?

They are epic. I'm really jealous...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Didn't you ever hear his stories about how he goes clubbing at 14?

They are epic. I'm really jealous...
My epic stories are known all across the land, they are the example of how to live life.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I wouldn't consider it in the north. If you think about it the state itself shares more similarities with the southern states than the northern ones. Mass, Conn, NY, NJ, etc. are all very alike and WV is nothing like them.
see what you're saying, but wv did fight for the union during the civil war

guess thats why i dont consider it the south

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
see what you're saying, but wv did fight for the union during the civil war

guess thats why i dont consider it the south
Yeha I always considered WV and VA part of the NE.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

iHustle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What type of dollars per month are we talking about for a bachelor apartment in Miami?
iHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHustle View Post
What type of dollars per month are we talking about for a bachelor apartment in Miami?
Where in Miami do you want to live?

NMB, Sunny Isles, Down Town, So Be, Hollywood, anywhere on Collins ave. ?

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-07-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:

where I won't get shot at? But its close enough I can walk to places and won't need a car 24/7
Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

iHustle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Where would you suggest for a 20 something who wants to be close to the beach and the club scene?
iHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
where I won't get shot at? But its close enough I can walk to places and won't need a car 24/7
Well Down Town is filled with homeless people everywhere, unless your in Brickle.

South Beach is pretty much what your looking for but its expensive as hell.

I live in Sunny Isles, which is condos on the beach, and then a bunch mini malls on the other side of the road, but not much night life. All the clubs are in So Be and DT, DT is 18+ both guys and girls, So Be is 21+ guys 18+ girls.

NMB is good in some areas, other areas its really bad same goes with Hollywood.

Driving and Bus, doesn't really take that long. From Sunny Isles to DT or So Be its around 15 min, without traffic, with traffic thats a different story.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

South Beach is overrated and way too expensive to live in. You'll be paying 10 dollars for a bud light at any club, **** that. I'm biased but I love Hollywood. Downtown Hollywood has great clubs/bars...it has the best reggae club in all of South Florida - Ginger Bay Cafe (open till 4 in the morning btw, maybe 5?), a great dance club in Spice, great restaurants (any type of food you want) and the best bars. They are relatively inexpensive too, especially when compared to most downtown places in South Florida. You could live within walking distance of the beach and downtown in a nice place for easily under $1000 a month.

You are also centrally located so if you do want to drop a couple hundred bucks in South Beach one night or make go to Ft Lauderdale you can do both. You're also within 5 minutes of Cheetahs and Scarletts, that's always fun! ;-)

Yes it is a little bit...eccentric here and it deserves it's nickname of HollyHood or HollyWeird in some places but I love it and for my money its the best city down here.

The only drawback is from the months of November - March the beach area is swamped with old Quebecs and they suck at everything, especially anything that involves moving..IE driving, riding a bike, walking...they don't seem to understand how to do those things...but luckily they stay pretty near the beach and don't stray far. Plus they don't spend much money so you won't have to run into them at a bar or restaurant or anything..
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

There are plenty of places with NY pizza in SoFL
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
South Beach is overrated and way too expensive to live in. You'll be paying 10 dollars for a bud light at any club, **** that. I'm biased but I love Hollywood. Downtown Hollywood has great clubs/bars...it has the best reggae club in all of South Florida - Ginger Bay Cafe (open till 4 in the morning btw, maybe 5?), a great dance club in Spice, great restaurants (any type of food you want) and the best bars. They are relatively inexpensive too, especially when compared to most downtown places in South Florida. You could live within walking distance of the beach and downtown in a nice place for easily under $1000 a month.

You are also centrally located so if you do want to drop a couple hundred bucks in South Beach one night or make go to Ft Lauderdale you can do both. You're also within 5 minutes of Cheetahs and Scarletts, that's always fun! ;-)

Yes it is a little bit...eccentric here and it deserves it's nickname of HollyHood or HollyWeird in some places but I love it and for my money its the best city down here.

The only drawback is from the months of November - March the beach area is swamped with old Quebecs and they suck at everything, especially anything that involves moving..IE driving, riding a bike, walking...they don't seem to understand how to do those things...but luckily they stay pretty near the beach and don't stray far. Plus they don't spend much money so you won't have to run into them at a bar or restaurant or anything..
Yes so many Quebecans.. Quebecians... Quebecs??? w/e the old ones completely ruin the beaches :(.

Also a lot of big loud Russians, I despise them and their Russian techno/pop music, although there are some nice looking Russian girls.

Hollywood is nice, I'd got their if I wanted to go to a bar, but honestly if you want to go clubbing South Beach is where it is at, I don't care if its overpriced, Mansion, Cameo, So Be lite are amazing clubs, and even some latin clubs are great like Ink, I've been to Ink twice at it was amazing, and it isn't one of the more big time clubs.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
There are plenty of places with NY pizza in SoFL
Does not come close to the real thing trust me, the only one that comes close is JD's pizza over in Dade by Michael Krop Sr. High.

Bone Krusher, the best