Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.
Default Can someone explain/help fix this computer problem?

Ok so let me explain the whole story.

I got money so I went out and got a new HP laptop.

I had an old Dell laptop.

So I work for my father and I tell him "I got this extra computer. Do you want me to bring it to the shop?"

He says yes. A few weeks later, he decides to get two new computers for the shop. He tells me if I would like to take the Dell laptop home I can.

I say ok.

So I bring it home. I'm not using it much, but decided to use it today.

I noticed something weird. I have three internet browsers: AT&T Yahoo, IE 8, and Firefox.

Before the Dell came home, only I worked on it while at the shop. It was my computer, and there isn't a whole lot of people that work with us so I doubt someone messed with it. While working with it at the shop, nothing was wrong. Worked good.

Now, I bring it home and only the AT&T Browser works. Its hooked up with a wireless access card. The other two browsers simply won't do anything. They load, but says can't load the webpage.

We have two other computers in the house besides the Dell, and both the other two have the same setup: AT&T browser, IE 8, and Firefox. All three browsers work on the other two computers. However, like I said on the older Dell only the AT&T browser works.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing and that did not work.

I don't understand why this is happening. Can someone please help?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard of this before, I believe that the ATT browser conflicts with IE and blocks it or something, I cannot remember.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I've heard of this before, I believe that the ATT browser conflicts with IE and blocks it or something, I cannot remember.
The thing is, I had all three browsers working perfectly when the computer was located at work.

Doesn't make sense why it would not work now...

Thanks for the info though.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a difference between location, or is the difference between wired and wireless?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Is there a difference between location, or is the difference between wired and wireless?
both locations were wireless, im using the same wireless access card.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just to make sure before I really think about this: you're sure that IE and FF aren't in offline mode?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

How would I know if they are in offline mode?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Click "FILE" in the top left corner.
Scroll down and see if the words "WORK OFFLINE" has a check next to it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

I check both IE 8 and Firefox and neither browser is currently in work offline mode.

Maybe this will help maybe not?

When I do the connection test on IE 8, the comp seems to think it is a firewall or proxy problem... I dunno.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I check both IE 8 and Firefox and neither browser is currently in work offline mode.

Maybe this will help maybe not?

When I do the connection test on IE 8, the comp seems to think it is a firewall or proxy problem... I dunno.
that could be it. Some browsers are more bothered by firewalls. What kind of firewall are you running?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

I'm not even sure...the default firewall I guess? Windows firewall?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
iHustle
Rookie

iHustle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I'm not even sure...the default firewall I guess? Windows firewall?
Disable it.
iHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

it says that it is Norton Security Online.

I uninstalled that soooo long ago. Not sure how it's still there.

On a side note, is there anyway to get a new free firewall?

I also checked both browsers (IE 8 and Firefox) after I turned the firewall off. Both browsers did the exact same thing. Can't load page.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Some more FYI, I tried hooking the internet up with an ethnet cord instead of wireless. Tried it with and without the firewall on, and both time can't load the page for IE 8 and Firefox. AT&T works everytime.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

then lose the ATT browser, it must be effecting IE because they use the same shell

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its the CONFIKER!! RUN FOR COVER!

But really, have you changed your wireless router? The computer is still probably trying to connect with the router at your work. (That happened with mine) IDK about any conflicting internet.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Shouldn't my wireless access card & computer recognize that its a different network? I always have to put in a key code at work and home when trying to access for the 1st time.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
then lose the ATT browser, it must be effecting IE because they use the same shell
I'm afraid if I lose the AT&T Browser then IE still won't work and I will be screwed.