Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Grid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default QB Class of 2002

Its sounds weired that none of the QB selected in the class of 2002 in first round are going to be with their original team next year. What ever happened to all three of these guys and why did they all struggled so bad. Was the 2002 QB draft over valued for some reason, just hype and no substance.

1. David Carr - Selected by Texans will either get cut or traded this off season.
2. Joey Harrington - Lions, Dolphins, and now FA.
3. Patrick Ramsey - Redskins, Jets, and now soon to become Texans QB.

Now it seems Patrick Ramsey is about to sign a contract with the Texans with in day or two, can some body tell me what kind of QB Ramsey is and what he can bring to the table that David Carr failed to deliver in Houston. I don't know much about Patrick Ramsey and have never seen him play so I want to know about him. I have heard he is not a mobile QB but he does have strong arm and is capable of delivering all the throws in the NFL. What kind of intangible and decision making does he have.

Looks like next year, Texans starting QB will be between Patrick Ramsey / Sage Rosenfel. They might draft another QB this year to groom for year or two down the road.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohh wow you just have great insight into David Carr's future, I'm not saying he wont get cut or traded but it is still not official.David Carr never had an O-Line, a defense a good #2WR, or a 1300 yd rb like most QB's need to be sucessful. He got put into a bad situation. Ramsey is a pocket QB, with hardly any pocket presnce. Spurrier also used him imporperly and because of that he was damaged goods when Gibbs came.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Ohh wow you just have great insight into David Carr's future, I'm not saying he wont get cut or traded but it is still not official.David Carr never had an O-Line, a defense a good #2WR, or a 1300 yd rb like most QB's need to be sucessful. He got put into a bad situation. Ramsey is a pocket QB, with hardly any pocket presnce. Spurrier also used him imporperly and because of that he was damaged goods when Gibbs came.
Let me put it to you this way, I am not a Carr lover or a hater so get that picture out of your mind. I am not predicting anything for any one, but simply asking a basic question.

As far as David Carr is concerned, its true he was put in a bad situation with no OL support but after being in the league for 5 years he must show something and so far he hasn't done anything. As far as RB support goes, then he did have Domic Davis/Williams who did rush for over 1,000 yards each year for the Texans. He did have AJ as his wide receiver and up till last year he did have Jabbar Gaffney. This past season, he did have Moulds as his 2nd receiver. I realize that Moulds has lost a step or two but he is still better then most receivers.

So it would be in accurate to say Carr did not have support. He did but may be not enough.

If Ramsey signs with the team tomorrow, which he most likely will then the writing is on the wall for David Carr as a QB for the Texans next year. Texans have never criticized their player publicly before this year, administration and the owner did say Carr did not play well and that is good enough indication that he will no longer be with the team. He has lost the trust of his team mates and he has lost the trust of his fans. As far as sacks are concerned, at least 20% of the sacks are his own doing. Running out of bound instead of throwing the ball away.

Had it been any one else then they would have been cut by now.

Last edited by Grid : 03-07-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the texans sign ramsey tomorrow and than say goodbye to carr you might as well say hello to the #1 overall pick in next years draft Ramsey sucks thatttt much simple as that
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Carr. A porous OL can be so devastating to an offense. Only if the Texans FO understood that...They have guys who have potential to be great but cant without the OL...I like Carr, and I think he is just put in a bad situation. And damn Andre Johnson. Why the **** is his average catch only 11 yards? Utilize him correctly damnit!

I think its a poorly run organization, but I guess as a new franchise, it has to start somewhere.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramsey isnt half as good as Carr.So even if HOu does sign him that doesnt mean Carr is out. Gaffeney wasnt as good as you seem to think he is and was helped by AJ. Carr did have a fairly "B" grade year in 04 when things were at their best. Domanick could have been better but once again no line.
Also, as brught up in another thread, Dom Capers is Defensive coach and another year under an offensive coach in Kubiak should help.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Carr > Patrick Ramsey / Sage Rosenfels

With the horrible line in Houston, Peyton Manning would be nowhere near as good

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:36 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess expansion teams will wait to draft their franchise QB until they have the rest of the pieces in place

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Eric Moulds was a good compliment to Andre Johnson...it's the oline that he's never had...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:47 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I believe that Carr and Ramsey weren't that bad of QBs. Just they have been stuck in terrible spots for so long it made them bad. I think Ramsey was the most sacked QB of all time one year with Spurrier as our head coach -_-.

Same with Carr, no Oline help or a running game.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

On the note of Ramsey, he is not very mobile, but can avoid some stuff. He does have a rocket arm and can throw it really...really... far.I still think your best bet is with Carr though.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:00 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Brady Quinn to the Texans is very possible. The feeling was that, with Plummer, they had a guy that could probably hold the fort for 2 years, allowing them to develop someone. With Plummer, and with the mishmash of talent in front of him, they might be looking for someone that is able to step in either this year, or next year. Carr may or may not stick around, but he isn't the future anymore, and his contract expires after 2008. Rosenfels/Ramsey could probably hold the fort for a year if they wanted to go that route (interesting to note that both are former Redskins).

As for the QB's of 2002 -

I liked Carr/Ramsey. Both, though, were put in bad situations early on which might have irreparably damaged them. The Skins did a great job in dealing down that year (a rare occurrence) to get their guy, Ramsey, instead of reaching for him. Then ... Spurrier exposed him to all sorts of idiotic passing schemes that didn't give Ramsey a shot, and in turn, led to the OL guys getting down (hence, the work Bugel has done has been quite exemplary ... confidence sets the tone for many things).

I think both still could develop into decent-solid starters. In Carr's case, I just think a fresh start is needed there for him. The guy is forever carrying that number 1 overall pick burden, which entails a high level of responsibility. If he went somewhere else, that would loosen things.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all honesty, I thought neither Carr or Harrington were that great of prospects back in 2002. I personally thought Harrington should've gone in the 20's, not in the top 3.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Looks like Texans are planning on signing Patrick Ramsey as a back up. They want Carr to compete for his job and most likely Sage Rosenfel will end up starting.

I think Carr days in Houston is over, and it is good because they both need fresh start.

Most recent rumor involving Texans is that they are getting ready to draft Brady Quinn either with 8th pick or they have also talked with few teams about moving up to draft Quinn after his workout in ND.

If they draft Quinn then he will not start for year or two. This is the most recent rumor. Texans don't think AD will be available at #8.

Here is the link: http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

Last edited by Grid : 03-07-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Ramsey signs with Broncos to be their backup QB.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely terrible 1st round class and David Carr is probably the only one that can still salvage a career but only if he goes to a different organization

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote