Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.
Default Browns looking to deal Quinn and Edwards

Quote:
According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...make-a-splash/

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=142250

I'm guessing Edwards will be a Giant or Eagle, but Quinn should be an interesting story this summer

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What team would pony up a first round pick for Quinn? I'd guess either the Lions at 20 or Jets at 17.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. 3 first rounders for the Browns. Let's up Kokinis knows how to draft for the Brownies' sake.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess for Quinn would be the Broncos (#18) or Vikings (#22.) Edwards, I think the Giants will get.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I just saw this, good stuff if we get another receiver alongside of Crab.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

I'm thinking the Eagles are the team that wants Edwards since they have two first rounders, and I'm gonna say the Jets for Quinn. WOuldn't be suprised though if it's the redskins

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is Tampa looking at Quinn. Hopefully, the Eagles, Redskins or Giants get Braylon.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 18th pick seems like a lot for Quinn. But then again Josh McDaniels has already proved himself to be a bit of a fool.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
What team would pony up a first round pick for Quinn? I'd guess either the Lions at 20 or Jets at 17.
He was a steal at #22 two years ago, I don't see why his value should be much lower than that. If I'm the Jets, I trade the pick for Quinn instead of taking Josh Freeman, and if I'm Detroit, I go with Brady Quinn/Jason Smith over Matthew Stafford/William Beatty (or whoever else).
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder where Quinn will land.. Detroit, Minnesota, Denver, or the Jets..

My guess would be the Jets.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This means I can cheer for Quinn now :)
Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
He was a steal at #22 two years ago, I don't see why his value should be much lower than that.
Was he? According to whom? Scott?

He's been in the league for two years and has yet to do anything. I am by no means saying the kid is a bust. But it's safe to say the luster has come off at least a bit.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Lombardi is a hack.

I'll believe it when I see it.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Childress really needs to get on the phone.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come to think of it.. didn't the Vikings offer two First Rounders for Brady Quinn near the trade deadline? If they could get him 'just' for #22, I don't see why they wouldn't do that..

Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see if the Browns go after another QB rather than just go with Anderson. Reports came out about the Browns wanting Sanchez, I can see them going after him in the draft.

Browns are very interesting this offseason with Mangini running the show. Likely gonna hurt them next year but the future is most definately on his shoulders now.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he is going to detroit

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he is going to detroit and I would love to see edwards in chicago but for a second round pick

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah I wonder if the Browns trade Brady and Braylon, where they'll go at #5.. Sanchez, Crabtree, Orakpo?

I think the smart route would be Sanchez #5, and then going for WR and a Pass Rusher with their other Round One picks.

They already have two 2nd Rounders too.. could be a very nice draft for the Browns.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Was he? According to whom? Scott?

He's been in the league for two years and has yet to do anything. I am by no means saying the kid is a bust. But it's safe to say the luster has come off at least a bit.
I that is a plus. When teams draft a QB they are torn between sitting to develop him and the pressure to start him. With Quinn he has already sat 2 years so you definitely feel he's ready to start.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I'm going to be pissed if Mangini trades Braylon to Hoodie.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Come to think of it.. didn't the Vikings offer two First Rounders for Brady Quinn near the trade deadline? If they could get him 'just' for #22, I don't see why they wouldn't do that..
They did not have Sage Rosenfels at the trade deadline.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They did not have Sage Rosenfels at the trade deadline.
Damn. Good call.. I guess that takes them out of the running. Unless they were gonna have Sage play RT?

Old 04-12-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing Quinn to the Broncos and Edwards to the Giants.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Damn. Good call.. I guess that takes them out of the running. Unless they were gonna have Sage play RT?
Maybe they'll have Quinn play RT.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote