Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I'm going to be pissed if Mangini trades Braylon to Hoodie.

Wouldn't be suprised in the least. Moss, Braylon, and Welker for Brady would be unfair.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I'm guessing Quinn to the Broncos and Edwards to the Giants.
I'm 100% sure Quinn will not go to DEN. Why give up a 1st round pick for a less accomplished QB than Orton (who now has potential all decade LT in Clady and #15/#19/Caldwell/Stokley)

Orton and DEN's QB situation is fine.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Wouldn't be suprised in the least. Moss, Braylon, and Welker for Brady would be unfair.
Worst part is NE could trade their 1st round pick, and they still got enough picks left over for a great draft.

I really do think Braylon to NE would be just deadly for the rest of the league especially with a healthy Maroney coming back and the addition of Fred Taylor. Seriously, Brady having those types of weapons should be illegal. Braylon could help them so much that I might have to predict them going 19-0.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm 100% sure Quinn will not go to DEN. Why give up a 1st round pick for a less accomplished QB than Orton (who now has potential all decade LT in Clady and #15/#19/Caldwell/Stokley)

Orton and DEN's QB situation is fine.
LMAO

I can't believe people actually believe this.

Orton is not the future and has very little potential.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
LMAO

I don't care, think what you want thats fine.

But there is no way that trading a 1st for Quinn improved DEN's QB situation at all.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
LMAO

With Denver's oline and Weapons he should be good enough if they can rebuild that D. My gut is telling me Braylon is going to be a giant and Quinn a Jet or a Lion.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
LMAO

You overrate potential.

Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. What kind of potential is that?

An NFL team is more than one position. If you surround a guy with weapons, his game will improve.

I'm not saying Orton is all-pro. I'm saying he will provide them with a starting QB this year. Orton only has one year left on his deal. If he sucks, DEN lets him walk and can choose a QB with one of their TWO 1st rounder next season.

Why can't you see the logic?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care, think what you want thats fine.

But there is no way that trading a 1st for Quinn improved DEN's QB situation at all.
I have a hard time believing Quinn is not better than Orton, so, yeah it would be an improvement.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You overrate potential.

An NFL team is more than one position. If you surround a guy with weapons, his game will improve.

I'm not saying Orton is all-pro. I'm saying he will provide them with a starting QB this year. Orton only has one year left on his deal. If he sucks, DEN lets him walk and can choose a QB with one of their TWO 1st rounder next season.

Because their aren't many good QB's next year either. Bradford is the only one that looks like a first round guy, but beyond him there's not much.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Because their aren't many good QB's next year either. Bradford is the only one that looks like a first round guy, but beyond him there's not much.
There is also the chance of a trade for a QB next season, signing a QB (DEN has one of the highest amount of cap room), Orton possibly succeeds, McDaniels takes a low round QB this year for next year.... So many other more likely scenarios than DEN trading a 1st for a less accomplished QB than Orton. That scenario is so bad, and I'm telling you DEN will not go that route.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Haven't watch Snead and Ole Miss operate much have you?
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
You overrate potential.

Okay, let me know when Denver has one of the best defenses in the NFL.

I've watched every single throw Orton has ever made in the NFL. He's a very average to below average NFL QB even with those weapons.

If Denver doesn't get Bradford next year then what? Snead is the second best QB in that class it looks like and I doubt people are sold on him as a first rounder. It doesn't look like a promising QB group and they might not be able to trade up for Bradford and could screw themselves. Their QB situation is far from fine. Could they manage with Orton for a year? Sure. The Bears have shuffled junk QBs around for years. The Bears had Grossman/Griese/Orton a few years ago. 3 back up QBs doesn't mean the situation is fine.

Denver is going to be awful next year. Mostly because of their defense, but Orton will be a strong reason as well.

I love how all of a sudden Orton has potential to do good things. Not really. He cannot throw the ball down the field and just isn't a good player. Will his numbers look a little better, because of Denver's offense? Probably, but he's still the same below average QB.

I will not be surprised to see Simms starting for Denver by week 4. Hell, he may win that job in camp.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Okay, let me know when Denver has one of the best defenses in the NFL.

I've watched every single throw Orton has ever made in the NFL. He's a very average to below average NFL QB even with those weapons.

If Denver doesn't get Bradford next year then what? Snead is the second best QB in that class it looks like and I doubt people are sold on him as a first rounder. It doesn't look like a promising QB group and they might not be able to trade up for Bradford and could screw themselves. Their QB situation is far from fine. Could they manage with Orton for a year? Sure. The Bears have shuffled junk QBs around for years. The Bears had Grossman/Griese/Orton a few years ago. 3 back up QBs doesn't mean the situation is fine.

Denver is going to be awful next year. Mostly because of their defense, but Orton will be a strong reason as well.

I love how all of a sudden Orton has potential to do good things. Not really. He cannot throw the ball down the field and just isn't a good player. Will his numbers look a little better, because of Denver's offense? Probably, but he's still the same below average QB.

I will not be surprised to see Simms starting for Denver by week 4. Hell, he may win that job in camp.
My point about BAL wasn't defense. Over your head.

NFL is about more than the QB. It's about team.

Orton was never a great QB. No one thinks he is great. No one is saying he is great.

Just like Dilfer, Orton is average. Guess what? Average QB's with good O-Line's and solid weapons around them can put up good numbers.

Need some examples? Kurt Warner in his first season with the STL Rams. Do I really need to say more? No one, absolutely no one would have even called Warner an average QB. NO ONE!

Another prime time example: Rich Gannon with the Oakland Raiders. Dude was terrible until someone put a good supporting casts and a smart HC around him.

Another example: Tommy freakin Maddox. Complete loser and huge bust. He goes to PIT for a few seasons, has a good supporting cast and HC, and actually halfway redeems his career at the end (until Rashen Mathis brought him back down to earth).

Trent Green and the KC Chiefs w/ Holmes, Kennison, Gonzo, etc... Green wasn't ever really considered a great one.

Again, think what you want about the whole situation. We are allowed to disagree. I just think you underestimate Orton's ability when he has the types of weapons DEN has along the OL and at WR.

Last edited by IndyColtScout : 04-12-2009 at 02:41 PM.
IndyColtScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Haven't watch Snead and Ole Miss operate much have you?
I've seen them play, but i still have my doubts about him going in the first. He would be my #2 QB though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Edwards is coming to the Giants. For the right price of course.

As for Quinn, I think its dumb to let go of him. He's not getting paid all that much, and Derek Andersen is far from a guarantee at qb, so why not let Quinn show what he's made of?

As for possible destinations, I think the Vikings would make sense.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My point about BAL wasn't defense. Over your head.

NFL is about more than the QB. It's about team.

Orton was never a great QB. No one thinks he is great. No one is saying he is great.

Just like Dilfer, Orton is average. Guess what? Average QB's with good O-Line's and solid weapons around them can put up good numbers.

Need some examples? Kurt Warner in his first season with the STL Rams. Do I really need to say more? No one, absolutely no one would have even called Warner an average QB. NO ONE!

Another prime time example: Rich Gannon with the Oakland Raiders. Dude was terrible until someone put a good supporting casts and a smart HC around him.

Another example: Tommy freakin Maddox. Complete loser and huge bust. He goes to PIT for a few seasons, has a good supporting cast and HC, and actually halfway redeems his career at the end (until Rashen Mathis brought him back down to earth).

Again, think what you want about the whole situation. We are allowed to disagree. I just think you underestimate Orton's ability when he has the types of weapons DEN has along the OL and at WR.
1. Warner was just unproven.
2. We do not have anything resembling the overall team the Greatest Show on Turf had. I'm pretty sure they were the 4th overall defense that year too.

Tommy Maddox, again had a good defense and running game. Two things lacking in Denver.

Rich Gannon was a big time veteran guy. They might have struck gold there, but I'm fairly confident in saying Orton is not gold. We know what he can do. And leading this Denver team to 5 or more wins ain't one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the Bucs being interested in Quinn...

Young solid O-line,a few good RBs, Bryant and Winslow are nice targets and Jeff Jagodzinski calling the plays. I think Quinn would be a real nice fit, it could be an exciting young offense.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can sort of see trading Edwards but not Quinn. I think that'd be a big mistake on their part. You have your franchise LT, keep your franchise QB in the fold and draft offensive playmakers around him. Crabtree could be there at 5 and by trading Edwards you'll get a few more picks to pick up some other quality offensive guys.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
1. Warner was just unproven.
2. We do not have anything resembling the overall team the Greatest Show on Turf had. I'm pretty sure they were the 4th overall defense that year too.

Tommy Maddox, again had a good defense and running game. Two things lacking in Denver.

Rich Gannon was a big time veteran guy. They might have struck gold there, but I'm fairly confident in saying Orton is not gold. We know what he can do. And leading this Denver team to 5 or more wins ain't one of them.
But that doesn't all fall on Orton.

I really do believe that DEN will have a very productive offense. Again, the teams failure next year will probably fall on the D.

The point of me bringing all these QB's up though is this: If you surround a guy like Orton with Clady, Marshall, Royal, some capable RB's, a good offensive coach then offensively they will be fine. If you want him to lead you to the SB, you have to build the D and find a way to sustain the offensive success. Orton can get you there, but he has to have a great surrounding casts. Don't get too down on yourself Bronco's fan because I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel even with a guy like Orton.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please Quinn to the Bucs
Please Quinn to the Bucs
Please Quinn to the Bucs

Damn leftwich signing means this is unlikely
Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
I worry about Bradford's ability to transition to a Pro Offense. I don't like a QB that has relied on coaches to call his audibles.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Was he? According to whom? Scott?

He's been in the league for two years and has yet to do anything. I am by no means saying the kid is a bust. But it's safe to say the luster has come off at least a bit.
He's been developing for two years. Where are you going to find a QB THAT developed with THOSE tools and THAT college career with the 22nd pick in this or any other draft?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
He's been developing for two years. Where are you going to find a QB THAT developed with THOSE tools and THAT college career with the 22nd pick in this or any other draft?
Brady Quinn has tools?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Brady Quinn has tools?
Well, he is a tool, so that counts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns trade Brady Quinn it will be the worst move they could make.